What's new

Tech Kitana Kombo Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been doing a version of this combo since the first week the game came out ^_^

Mine is:

jps~f41, ff~b2~air fan, ff, ff, 4~fan, 4~Cutter

Timing the 4~fan is tricky, but once you get it down, it is well worth it.
Wow, I didn't think that was possible. Nice. /hits up training mode

I think it's quite impressive that the bulk of her combo potential was discovered in the first week.

Dark Kobra

Hitbox™ Enthusiast
Wow, I didn't think that was possible. Nice. /hits up training mode

I think it's quite impressive that the bulk of her combo potential was discovered in the first week.
Thanks for your help Heretic!!! Really appreciate your advice and the video you posted..... Gonna try that asap!!!!!!!!!!!

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
The damage I get from f+4,1, b+33~fan lift has never satisfied me but I can't get b+2 or f+2~fan to work reliably after f+4,1 as much as I practice. I suck at combos. :\

BenGmanUk

Get staffed bro
The damage I get from f+4,1, b+33~fan lift has never satisfied me but I can't get b+2 or f+2~fan to work reliably after f+4,1 as much as I practice. I suck at combos. :\
Yeah I've had the same issue and tend to stick to what I can do reliably. Now I've changed to:

f41, dash 4~lift, dash x2, b2~air fan, dash, fan, dash, 4~cutter 40%

Its seems to be a good combination of damage and consistency of execution, for me at least.

Is there a reason that people use Cutter as an ender? It seems that Pretty Kick nets you more damage + sends them further into the corner (might be the same actually) and i swear that you are left at a better advantage than Cutter also.

Only downside is that if they get to low to the ground, then you will only get the first hit of Pretty Kick, but that hardly ever happens.

FatalTragedy

Jesus Fucking Christ
Is there a reason that people use Cutter as an ender? It seems that Pretty Kick nets you more damage + sends them further into the corner (might be the same actually) and i swear that you are left at a better advantage than Cutter also.

Only downside is that if they get to low to the ground, then you will only get the first hit of Pretty Kick, but that hardly ever happens.
Cutter = safe jump = 50/50.

BenGmanUk

Get staffed bro
Pretty kicks may do more damage on its own than cutter but once the combo scales its the same. Cutter leaves u standing with more recovery time too, well at least it feels that way. Plus cutter looks better ;)

Sent from my HTC Desire S using Tapatalk

If you do a long enough combo, the gravity scaling often leads to you needing a very fast combo ender compared to the quite slow pretty kick.

Pretty kick is sadly a terribly useless move for Kitana. Cutter gives safe jumps on the ground, has more priority, more speed, less recovery, easier to land both hits in a combo, enhanced does more damage, and it looks cooler :p

If it hit mid I'd use it. Maybe then it would make sense that they gave her a low special, but it doesnt.

Are you definitely sure that Cutter is at a better advantage than Pretty Kicks in a juggle? I'm gonna test this more when i play the game again, but i know you only have to dash once with Pretty Kicks to be right next to the opponent where you have to dash twice with Cutter. Gonna test the pushback on both enders to see what goes to the corner quicker.

Are you definitely sure that Cutter is at a better advantage than Pretty Kicks in a juggle? I'm gonna test this more when i play the game again, but i know you only have to dash once with Pretty Kicks to be right next to the opponent where you have to dash twice with Cutter. Gonna test the pushback on both enders to see what goes to the corner quicker.
It definitely is. I'm not sure what combo you're doing but you only need to dash once to end a combo with cutter also. It usually goes 4 cutter, 2 cutter, or F2 cutter depending on how long the juggle was.

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
Kitana's 59% Wall Combo with three Enhance Bars used:
Sorry but this, along with most of Check's Kitana combos, is pretty useless. You can get close to that damage with 1 bar.

And yeah, cutter is always a better option than pretty kick. I used to think pretty kick was somewhat useful, but I was wrong. I've never had a problem with being too far away to connect a normal~cutter to end a combo.

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
I am unhappy with my corner combo damage. I have two problems. First is the ground fan after fan lift and before b+2. As best I can tell the way to do it is take a half step back. The fan always hits but if that half step back isn't perfect the b+2 doesn't relaunch. The second is the ender jump kick~air fan, dash in, 2~cutter. The timing here seems so tight. Am I supposed to do nothing but u/f+4~d,f+1 right after the b+2~air fan, fan? No pause or dash right? After this it's dash asap and 2. Half the time the cutter doesn't fully hit. I've tried practicing this stuff and can't get it down. I suck at combos but I feel like I'm missing something here.

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
I am unhappy with my corner combo damage. I have two problems. First is the ground fan after fan lift and before b+2. As best I can tell the way to do it is take a half step back. The fan always hits but if that half step back isn't perfect the b+2 doesn't relaunch. The second is the ender jump kick~air fan, dash in, 2~cutter. The timing here seems so tight. Am I supposed to do nothing but u/f+4~d,f+1 right after the b+2~air fan, fan? No pause or dash right? After this it's dash asap and 2. Half the time the cutter doesn't fully hit. I've tried practicing this stuff and can't get it down. I suck at combos but I feel like I'm missing something here.
I always dash in then do jk~air fan, then stay where she lands and time the 2~cutter. If you buffer a dash before the last 2~cutter it cuts a couple frames off the recovery but you don't dash (you don't need to). I always buffer dash to recover a couple frames faster.

It takes a hell of a lot of practice to pull off her more difficult combos (f21, njp, 4~fan, 4~fan, f2~EX fan lift), but they are well worth the effort.

It's hard for me to respond lately as I don't have internet access anymore unless I travel to the McDonalds to use their wifi... *sadface*

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
I always dash in then do jk~air fan, then stay where she lands and time the 2~cutter. If you buffer a dash before the last 2~cutter it cuts a couple frames off the recovery but you don't dash (you don't need to). I always buffer dash to recover a couple frames faster.

It takes a hell of a lot of practice to pull off her more difficult combos (f21, njp, 4~fan, 4~fan, f2~EX fan lift), but they are well worth the effort.

It's hard for me to respond lately as I don't have internet access anymore unless I travel to the McDonalds to use their wifi... *sadface*

Dash in jk~fan works a lot better. :top:

Man online really screws with me. I practice stuff in practice mode all the time but since my actual play is 90% online when I play in a tournament I'm so used to using my lame online combos I can't switch over.

a 46% no meter corner combo i found is

JiP f21 NP (wait a second) b2~fan fan fan 33~cutter

and heres 50% overhead starter in the corner

JiP f41 b2~fan fan fan 333~cutter

---sry if these were already known, im new to kitana :) ---

aReJay

Noob
Sorry if this is the wrong place to post this but can someone explain (~ = Cancel = 2-in-1 into the special move) to me? I am pretty new to the game and I don't really know how to do this. Right now I only use F21-JK-fan-fan-f2cutter which doesn't really do nearly enough damage. I just can't seem to get the 4 before the fan lift in a F21-NJP-4Fan-4/2 Fan lift... combo and I feel me not knowing how to ~ is why.

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
Sorry if this is the wrong place to post this but can someone explain (~ = Cancel = 2-in-1 into the special move) to me? I am pretty new to the game and I don't really know how to do this. Right now I only use F21-JK-fan-fan-f2cutter which doesn't really do nearly enough damage. I just can't seem to get the 4 before the fan lift in a F21-NJP-4Fan-4/2 Fan lift... combo and I feel me not knowing how to ~ is why.
"~" doesn't mean anything special or complicated. It simply means you are cancelling a normal or part of a standard combo into a special. For example, pressing 4 and quickly inputting df1 for fan right after.

And don't worry if you can't get the 4 in before fan lift in that combo. Alot of people do, including me. Instead, you could do what I do (substituting 2 for 4), and I think some people even use b33.

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
a 46% no meter corner combo i found is

JiP f21 NP (wait a second) b2~fan fan fan 33~cutter

and heres 50% overhead starter in the corner

JiP f41 b2~fan fan fan 333~cutter

---sry if these were already known, im new to kitana :) ---
In both of those, instead of going straight to b2 after f41/f21+njp, you can do 4~fan, 4~lift (other normals will work, but 4 maximizes damage). I do, however, like using 333 in the corner. I don't always properly hit the cutter afterward, but it's flashier and gives a nice extra percent of damage.

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
Okay, so I've had a bit of trouble with my bnb when done in the corner. I use f21, njp, 4~fan, etc. I've noticed that after the njp in the corner, the timing seems slightly different for connecting the 4, and the fan doesn't stay in the opponent for as long as it does midscreen. I can still connect the 4/2~fan lift afterward, but the window is definitely smaller. Does anyone know why this is? Or am I doing something oddly wrong?

Status
Not open for further replies.