What's new

Match-up Discussion KILLER FROST - Official Community Match-Up Discussion

Yea I use j1 a lot, not just against Cyborg tho. Works Well against bane, HG, quite a few of the cast
Then what's the problem with Cyborg's zoning? KF can pretty much just walk and j1 on iaNB, slide if you think it won't get beaten. True her zoning is not that effective, and gets stuffed,blocked or whiffs most of the time, but I don't feel like its hard to get in, and that's what you should do vs Cyborg anyways.

xKhaoTik

The Ignore Button Is Free
Then what's the problem with Cyborg's zoning? KF can pretty much just walk and j1 on iaNB, slide if you think it won't get beaten. True her zoning is not that effective, and gets stuffed,blocked or whiffs most of the time, but I don't feel like its hard to get in, and that's what you should do vs Cyborg anyways.

It's not that easy. That's like saying anyone can walk in on Sinestro.

Madog32

PSN: ImaGiveItToUBaby
Wait why are you jumping iaNB anyways? Just duck.
why not? JI1 over projectiles helps to counter the effect that Cyborg is going for - locking KF down. JI1 over them allows you to get closer to Cyborg (what KF wants) while he is stuck in what little recover animation he has for them. The more ground you can cover, the better IMO on this match up. JI1 just does that a little quicker than D. you just risk the ones that may be high enough to hit you! Maybe dashxxD is the best way? It's definitely a tough time getting in...

astronout

see you at the top.
im willing to bet that the people saying KF doesn't struggle against cyborg are the same people who have only played the matchup online.

im willing to bet that the people saying KF doesn't struggle against cyborg are the same people who have only played the matchup online.
Well I can't play most MUs offline cuz there is little to no Injustice scene here, and no Cyborgs, so yeah, I play online. She also struggles in other matches that are still 5-5.

Wait why are you jumping iaNB anyways? Just duck.
Because ji1 covers a lot more ground than just ducking and walking. Even if it's higher, it stills goes over them. You can do this on reaction, so if he tries to bait you with a really high one, just dash. Sure it's hard and probably frustrating, but KF has a lot of those moments/MUs, so it's natural for her to be super patient and read the opponent. Cyborg can't lock her down.

astronout

see you at the top.
Well I can't play most MUs offline cuz there is little to no Injustice scene here, and no Cyborgs, so yeah, I play online. She also struggles in other matches that are still 5-5.
which speaks to my point that matchups should only be being discussed when and if they are played repeatedly at the highest level.

which speaks to my point that matchups should only be being discussed when and if they are played repeatedly at the highest level.
Agreed. Actually I think xKhaotik started saying it's a losing MU after a set online, if I remember correctly from what I've seen him post. I'm just trying to point out her strengths vs Cyborg and how to avoid the zoning. I really feel with enough training vs him, she shouldn't have problems getting in at all. Still I agree it's an annoying MU at least , but not a losing one, not without any real high level offline sets to prove it.

xKhaoTik

The Ignore Button Is Free
I play with the best Cyborg online and offline and believe me, It's bad. I used to beat Relaxed but then he got the MU down and I have yet to beat his Cyborg. Ribbz plays P2W and is going thru the exact same struggle.

You guys keep saying "jump" but It's not that simple. Cyborg can jump as Well and shoot you back down. MB air NBs are such a pain. Missiles are a pain. Grapple is a pain. Cyborg with a life lead is a pain.

I don't want to sound like a dick, but It's clear you guys aren't playing a Cyborg who knows the MU. Granted, they may be good, but play against Relaxed or P2W, two very Cyborg players who are very Well familiar with frost, and you'll see how hard this MU is.

Madog32

PSN: ImaGiveItToUBaby
I play with the best Cyborg online and offline and believe me, It's bad. I used to beat Relaxed but then he got the MU down and I have yet to beat his Cyborg. Ribbz plays P2W and is going thru the exact same struggle.

You guys keep saying "jump" but It's not that simple. Cyborg can jump as Well and shoot you back down. MB air NBs are such a pain. Missiles are a pain. Grapple is a pain. Cyborg with a life lead is a pain.

I don't want to sound like a dick, but It's clear you guys aren't playing a Cyborg who knows the MU. Granted, they may be good, but play against Relaxed or P2W, two very Cyborg players who are very Well familiar with frost, and you'll see how hard this MU is.
I'll be the first to admit - I'm not playing ANY Cyborgs. I'd love to, but I don't think I've actually played this matchup to any real extent since close to launch date. I'm simply theory crafting. I don't doubt that the situation blows - I stumbled upon a decent Cyborg a month or 2 ago that had his iaNB's down and I was at a loss for what to do. Only got to play 1 game, so I never had a chance to level up.

True, I rarely play vs Cyborg, and I've seen maybe 2 good ones online. I would love to see some games from you with Relaxed or from Ribbz, can you guys record some sets? Also it's not just jump. Ji1 react to iaNB, he can't shoot you with another one that fast. I don't see how missiles are a problem when we have iceberg, maybe they use them more strategically? Agreed grapple is a pain, especially for the meterless vortex.

Last edited:

RiBBz22

TYM's Confirmed Prophet/Time-Traveler
True, I rarely play vs Cyborg, and I've seen maybe 2 good ones online. I would love to see some games from you with Relaxed or from Ribbz, can you guys record some sets? Also it's not just jump. Ji1 react to iaNB, he can't shoot you with another one that fast. I don't see how missiles are a problem when we have iceberg, maybe they use them more strategically? Agreed grapple is a pain, especially for the meterless vortex.
Yeah next time p2w comes over I will record some Cyborg matches. Not sure when he will be here next.

RiBBz22

The OP says she wins 6-4. Are you confirming that these players were wrong!?
I would say the number is wrong today, but MU's change over time. People find new things and generally explore the MU more. There was really no one in the Cyborg community arguing that number until recently. I would agree that with perfect NB execution this could be a 4-6 for Frost.

RiBBz22

If you are expecting grapple you can just dash to the direction you think he is going to go and punish with D2 can't you?

RiBBz22

Hmmm. This is interesting...
@Relaxedstate it's been quite some time. Let's run some sets tonight.

There being so few Cyborgs I can see how this MU may not be fully fleshed out, but as of right now I'm convinced she wins.
Did you guys get a chance to play at all? @Relaxedstate

I am gonna switch it to a 5-5 until we grind more, because I am pretty confident she doesn't win this.