What's new

Killer Frost emblem spotted on S.T.A.R. Labs Mission screen at PAX East; as good as confirmed?

I have to ask. Why do people keep bringing up Killer Frost's appearance in an "upcoming" Young Justice game? The show is cancelled. I expect the game to fall by the wayside as well.

Courtney

Burn in my Light
I have to ask. Why do people keep bringing up Killer Frost's appearance in an "upcoming" Young Justice game? The show is cancelled. I expect the game to fall by the wayside as well.
I wasn't including that one I thought she had 3 without it but its made already so it'll most likely still come out

Vilén

too smart to play MKX
Yeah. I'm pretty hype for Black Adam, Killer Frost and final character (Ares duhrhuhrhuhrrr) trailers. Gotta say.

Kinda weird that no ones like "HEY, A GENUINELY OBSCURE CHARACTER FINALLY MADE THE ROSTER, WE'VE BEEN BITCHING FOR THAT THE WHOLE TIME YAY"

Like... not one person.

Robotic Shark

you can never have too much honey
Yeah. I'm pretty hype for Black Adam, Killer Frost and final character (Ares duhrhuhrhuhrrr) trailers. Gotta say.

Kinda weird that no ones like "HEY, A GENUINELY OBSCURE CHARACTER FINALLY MADE THE ROSTER, WE'VE BEEN BITCHING FOR THAT THE WHOLE TIME YAY"

Like... not one person.
a lot of us didn't want an obscure character because we knew this would happen a great character getting the shaft to a crappy one because shes a girl and obscure

Vilén

too smart to play MKX
You bros really need to work out your issues with women in fighting games.

A lot of us still reject this "Captain Cold" is a great character premise though. I'd take him as the new 52 cryomancer that everyone hates but not parka guy.

Sorry about this. I know fuckall about comics, but there's a reason Captain Cold will stay there.

Past the billion dollar obligatory characters, I think choices for this roster should be made on character design alone. Captain Cold would probably be my favorite B movie supervillain in the universe... just fuck the idea of him in a fighting game. All I can see is ice Stryker in a fucking parka.

Robotic Shark

A lot of us still reject this "Captain Cold" is a great character premise though. I'd take him as the new 52 cryomancer that everyone hates but not parka guy.

Sorry about this. I know fuckall about comics, but there's a reason Captain Cold will stay there.

Past the billion dollar obligatory characters, I think choices for this roster should be made on character design alone. Captain Cold would probably be my favorite B movie supervillain in the universe... just fuck the idea of him in a fighting game. All I can see is ice Stryker in a fucking parka.
its not that we don't want woman in fighting games we just don't want woman with no personality taking a spot from a character who deserves to be in
I'm all for woman in this game would love to see Powergirl because she is interesting and a fun character unlike the one we got

Reedoms

Noob
Oh, it's not that. I don't mind that at all. It's just that they could've made a better choice and that Frost really has nothing going for her at all. She's had minimal appearances in stuff and in each one she is either the stereotypical "Ice to meet you" villain or the murdering psychopath. Just isn't interesting to me at all or to comic readers apparently since she hasn't shown up in years and the first time she is going to, the book gets cancelled immediately afterwards.

Vilén

too smart to play MKX
This is a fighting game. You know you can't play a comic book right?

Killer Frost and New 52 Captain Cold are a coin toss to me. Glad it landed on the girl because this game is a sausage fest. Is it weird that Flash doesn't have a villain and Killer Frost doesn't have a Firestorm? Sure... but the epiphany I'm having here is "why should I give a shit?" Like 45% of this roster from the get-go might as well have been NRS original characters to me.

The secondary epiphany is why should DC comics have all their plot-related nitpicky nonsense nailed down firm just as a starting point? You guys are like 1% of the audience at best. And if I was big into comic books and fighting games I'd be more or less just ecstatic that I'm getting a comic fighter that won't totally suck right off the bat.

Killer Frost is a perfectly fine choice. Especially since you don't know anything that NRS is going to do with her in gameplay or even the story really. The BIG PICTURE here is fighting game -> ice archetype fulfilled -> wait for gameplay trailer -> wait to see if NRS has something like an idea for this character... I highly, highly, highly doubt they passed over Captain Cold willynilly.

Calmness wins.

Oh, it's not that. I don't mind that at all. It's just that they could've made a better choice and that Frost really has nothing going for her at all. She's had minimal appearances in stuff and in each one she is either the stereotypical "Ice to meet you" villain or the murdering psychopath. Just isn't interesting to me at all or to comic readers apparently since she hasn't shown up in years and the first time she is going to, the book gets cancelled immediately afterwards.
That was actually for the guy directly above you there. You hadn't posted while I was still writing that one.

But I don't know, I think "Killer Frost has nothing going on for her" might be the reason she's a good choice. It all depends on if NRS gets lazy after making the bold choice.

IceNine

Tired, But Strong
I just remembered someone. Mr. Freeze. But not in the way you're thinking.

I'm remembering how Mr. Freeze was portrayed prior to B:TAS. Anyone remember him, anyone at all? It wasn't very good. Not very good at all. Boring. Worthless. Moreso than Killer Frost. But his portrayal in Heart of Ice endeared him to -so many- fans that it overrode whatever was there before and became the Mr. Freeze we see in just about any media today, comic books included.

I'm not sayin' this game is gonna be "Heart of Ice" for Frost or anything, but I think you shouldn't ever dare to assume that a character is ever irredeemably worthless. Hope should always burn bright!

Or something like that.

Robotic Shark

I just remembered someone. Mr. Freeze. But not in the way you're thinking.

I'm remembering how Mr. Freeze was portrayed prior to B:TAS. Anyone remember him, anyone at all? It wasn't very good. Not very good at all. Boring. Worthless. Moreso than Killer Frost. But his portrayal in Heart of Ice endeared him to -so many- fans that it overrode whatever was there before and became the Mr. Freeze we see in just about any media today, comic books included.

I'm not sayin' this game is gonna be "Heart of Ice" for Frost or anything, but I think you shouldn't ever dare to assume that a character is ever irredeemably worthless. Hope should always burn bright!

Or something like that.
god I would love if they made killer frost interesting but it would be to hard

lol obviously you cant read and dont get the point im trying to make. whata dumbass
Translation: "I've lost the argument but I'm gonna try and pretend I'm not bothered by it by using a weak counter argument saying the other guy can't read and missed the point of what I was saying despite him countering my argument and thus proving he did in fact read it."

Gender doesn't matter, anyone with training can be turned into a killing machine, men and women don't fight wars, trained soldiers do. I swear school doesn't teach you kids enough history, you'd be surprised at how common warrior women really are through out history, I mean it's not exactly a new concept.

http://listverse.com/2008/03/17/top-10-badass-female-warriors/

Ahhotep (number 4) is my favorite, she was a badass queen who actually fought and won several wars with her army instead of sitting on her royal ass all day barking orders. Best part? No one killed her, she lived to be 80 before dying of old age, which is cool in of itself since back then people died much younger, at age 40 you were pretty much an old man.

Oh and learn to use caps lock before calling others "dumbass", cause it just makes you look bitter, uneducated, and trying to make up for your own shortcomings, kido.

dribirut

BLAK FELOW
Translation: "I've lost the argument but I'm gonna try and pretend I'm not bothered by it by using a weak counter argument saying the other guy can't read and missed the point of what I was saying despite him countering my argument and thus proving he did in fact read it."

Gender doesn't matter, anyone with training can be turned into a killing machine, men and women don't fight wars, trained soldiers do. I swear school doesn't teach you kids enough history, you'd be surprised at how common warrior women really are through out history, I mean it's not exactly a new concept.

http://listverse.com/2008/03/17/top-10-badass-female-warriors/

Ahhotep (number 4) is my favorite, she was a badass queen who actually fought and won several wars with her army instead of sitting on her royal ass all day barking orders. Best part? No one killed her, she lived to be 80 before dying of old age, which is cool in of itself since back then people died much younger, at age 40 you were pretty much an old man.

Oh and learn to use caps lock before calling others "dumbass", cause it just makes you look bitter, uneducated, and trying to make up for your own shortcomings, kido.
ok let me spell it out for you since clearly lack reading comprehension skills. My point was that at the highest level a male will 99.99% of the time beat out his female counter part in a fight, not that it is not possible for woman out there to be able to beat up certain other men. god man seriously i dont know ifyoure pretending to beretarded or just are. I couldnt have made it clearer. Yes obviously there are cases where some women can beat up men like for instance rhonda rousey can beat up a very large portion of the male population. but if you put her up against her equal in her respective field (Cain velasquez) she will get dominated 99.99% of the time. there thanks for wasting two minutes of my life to have to hold yourhand and explain my argument to you

Goku

Noob

Like... not one person.
I am that one person :D. I had no idea who Killer Frost was prior to the announcement of this game, yet now she is in and I am happy about it. She is essentially like a female Mr. Freeze, which is fine with me as long as atleast 1 of the ice characters made it in. And who knows, CC could still very well be in Story Mode and actually fight Flash.

Vilén

too smart to play MKX
ok let me spell it out for you since clearly lack reading comprehension skills. My point was that at the highest level a male will 99.99% of the time beat out his female counter part in a fight, not that it is not possible for woman out there to be able to beat up certain other men. god man seriously i dont know ifyoure pretending to beretarded or just are. I couldnt have made it clearer. Yes obviously there are cases where some women can beat up men like for instance rhonda rousey can beat up a very large portion of the male population. but if you put her up against her equal in her respective field (Cain velasquez) she will get dominated 99.99% of the time. there thanks for wasting two minutes of my life to have to hold yourhand and explain my argument to you
Woah bro. Sorry 'bout your millimeterpeter.

That's pretty much the worst post ever.

I am that one person :D. I had no idea who Killer Frost was prior to the announcement of this game, yet now she is in and I am happy about it. She is essentially like a female Mr. Freeze, which is fine with me as long as atleast 1 of the ice characters made it in. And who knows, CC could still very well be in Story Mode and actually fight Flash.
I'm all for an obscure character. Still...was kinda hoping for Swamp Thing. :(