What's new

Killer Frost emblem spotted on S.T.A.R. Labs Mission screen at PAX East; as good as confirmed?

Courtney

Burn in my Light
What I mean is, the more seasons a show has, the more they have to pay. So they just scrap it and throw in a new one to cut down on costs.
You might be right, I just think it had to do with making things fit more with the movie universe, maybe its a combination of the two

tazzmission

Banned
What I mean is, the more seasons a show has, the more they have to pay. So they just scrap it and throw in a new one to cut down on costs.
they could afford it its not like time warner and wb are having money issues its just the people they hire are idiots plain and simple

Reedoms

Noob
they could afford it its not like time warner and wb are having money issues its just the people they hire are idiots plain and simple
You forgot that CN is the one hosting it though and lately they've been pretty fucking stingy. Ever since that Boston bomb scare and Snyder came into the position as CEO, CN went to the shitter.

I never imagined the green man was that popular.
Haven't read the entire thread yet, but have to comment. I was talking about this game and DC in general to two of my former coworkers. One of them is an old man who used to read comics back in the day(technically former boss). The other is a few years younger than me. Both of them freaking LOVE J'onn J'onzz.

Also, sick of hearing the "Your opinion doesnt matter if you just watched the cartoons" and the "CC fans are as bad as Raven Fans" lines. The first one is just stupid. And I don't get it, I haven't seen any real uproar about Raven after the initial few hours that the trailer was out.

Go Killer Frost. Obscurity for the freaking win.

BGMD

Noob
First thing out of the way, I really really don't care much for character. I have my wishes and preferences, but I'll take the roster for what it is. Game looks more awesome day by day and whole this butt hurting over characters is really silly.
We got a great first look at training mode yesterday and more on the way. I log on this morning to find some cool new info, and largest thread is one where people bitch and moan about a character by writing same stuff over and over again (with some obligatory thread derailing). A shame really.

NRS guys presumably thought it would be so coooool to have KF in game because they had female ice character named Frost in the past. Ice weapons generation abilities didn't hurt either. She can probably do everything Cold does with his gun, and then some more (heat absorption, ice weapons/shields, gusts of cold wind).
Character allegiances on the side; from their perspective as designers, they just probably felt they could do more with her.

All that said, it's still hella weird there is none of the Flash villains in the game. My only real gripe so far. I feel Cold would make much more sense in the story considering how Regime deals with criminals, and guy really needs some exposure outside of comics. (Yeah, put me in CC camp if you need.)

EGGXI

Scary Bat
Like I said in another thread, I would really like someone else other than Killer Frost. The character, at least to me, is no where near as big as the rest of the characters on the roster. This is the only character thus far who I'd rather have someone else instead of.

I'm sure she will play just fine but personally it's just not for me. This is coming from a comic fan view more than anything, I admit that, it's just she seems very out of place, she's no ones counterpart and isn't that well known (again, mainly going on comics here, I have only seen a few cartoons and she wasn't in those).

I just think flash and aqua man deserved a villain... Especially if bloody shazam got a villain. I like that there is another woman, but I would have picked someone else.

Nit saying Killer Frost fans suck or anything. Just speaking up. Expect a new unofficial battle arena from me soon...

Bi-on-iC

I'm innocent, I mean..not guilty.
I don't understand why the hate? have you even seen her in-game? I think she's way cooler and more original than Captain Cold..

trufenix

bye felicia
I don't understand why the hate? have you even seen her in-game? I think she's way cooler and more original than Captain Cold..
You know that one time you really wanted like a piece of chocolate cake, but your mom was like, sorry, I didn't have time to make that cake, so I made cookies instead and you pissed your pants in anger until you finally had the cookies and then you shut the fuck up because in the long run you're still getting a kick ass treat?

That.

Suzumebachi

For hearts long lost and full of fright
For all those who were saying that the snowflake might be a shuriken and be Deathstroke's symbol, I'm here to terminate those notions:
slade.jpg
This is obviously Slade's crosshair/halfmask.

I do, however, have another concern. Can anyone tell me what this phoenix-like symbol is?
mysterysymbol black adam.jpg
150, 156, 157. Ares possibly? Who knows? It isn't Nightwing's:
nightwing.jpg

NeverAsked4This

Sarif Industries: Private Security Officer
I think it's funny how the article uses like the ugliest Killer Frost picture available. I like the one in my avatar better :D

Anyway, I hope Jennifer Hale does Killer Frost's voice again since she did Frost's voice in Justice League/Justice League Unlimited. In fact I think she did Frost's voice in every animated appearance she had (outside of Young Justice). It would be awesome if she reprises her role again. The only problem I see with that is that Jenny Hale is already doing the voice of Hawkgirl in Injustice, so it might be weird for her to voice two characters in the same game. However, Tara Strong is voicing both Harley and Raven, so it's not like it would be unprecedented. If they don't get her, who else could they get?

I also want to say that I hope Frost gets a short-haired alt costume inspired by her animated appearance. The achievement pic makes it look like she will have long hair in her primary outfit which is cool, but I'm hoping her secondary outfit in the game has shorter hair, more like her appearances in JLU and Young Justice. If not, I guess there is always DLC.

But yeah, I'm pretty happy she made it in the game. Sorry Captain Cold fans. And I'm not saying that sarcastically. I genuinely think it sucks that Cold gets so little love outside the comics. Counting Injustice, Killer Frost now has at least 4 video game appearances under her belt, while Cold has maybe 1. She also got much more airtime than him in the DCAU. I think Cold deserves much more respect/attention than he gets and I think he would have made a fine addition to this game. I'm still curious why they redesigned so much him in the Injustice comic if he wasn't gonna be in this game. Maybe he will make a non-playable appearance in the mission mode or even story mode. It's not much, but it's better than nothing.

Saint Op Omen

Savagely beating his super-ego with his id...
Could the Pheonix looking one be Ravens...didn't see hers yet...or Adams & Ares...besides that I think everyones been figured out...

RoninLoganX

The Masterless Sword
Could the Pheonix looking one be Ravens...didn't see hers yet...or Adams & Ares...besides that I think everyones been figured out...
The symbol with the bird shown in that pic is Hawkgirl's. I also see Sinestro's and another one one the very right, but I can't make it out.

Saint Op Omen

Savagely beating his super-ego with his id...
The symbol with the bird shown in that pic is Hawkgirl's. I also see Sinestro's and another one one the very right, but I can't make it out.
Yeah I'm talking about a different one...not nightwings either...
Looks like a bird shape or some kind of tri-shaped symbol...
Those are the only 3 I haven't matched up yet...Raven may fit it ...

he isnt full atlantean in the show. he's still Black Manta's biological son
Sorry, what I meant was completely immersed in Atlantean culture as in actually from Atlantis, unlike the comic version whose just a retelling of Aquaman's origin story (Atlantean kid raised on land.)