What's new

Kano strategy

Oh... and tbh I think you guys are focusing on the wrong part of Tom Brady's quote. Screw "upball is being changed again" I'd be MUCH more concerned about "most characters will get a fast special and some full combos starting w/fast jabs and fast mids."

That's not "a buff" OR "a nerf". That's completely changing the entire game!
yeah smart post. Also

Anyways I hope it is true that this nerf/un-nerf will stop in 2-3 week so I can pickup a winning character I like for good. I think its their intention that they will stop making changed in 2 week as the game is patched but I am so skeptical, after all it was their intention to release a balanced game the day the game came out . And that seems to have been a big failure considering all the stuff they are changing. I mean I only wanna learn the game once, not every week. although I admit it keeps the game fresh and people value balanced game. But there is some player like me that don't have as much time as some other compatitive player on here. And for them or at least for me , I think its kinda disturbing they are so many changed

yeah smart post. Also

Anyways I hope it is true that this nerf/un-nerf will stop in 2-3 week so I can pickup a winning character I like for good. I think its their intention that they will stop making changed in 2 week as the game is patched but I am so skeptical, after all it was their intention to release a balanced game the day the game came out . And that seems to have been a big failure considering all the stuff they are changing. I mean I only wanna learn the game once, not every week. although I admit it keeps the game fresh and people value balanced game. But there is some player like me that don't have as much time as some other compatitive player on here. And for them or at least for me , I think its kinda disturbing they are so many changed
If you by any chance play games like League of Legends you should be used to that kind of system, I always check the patch notes with fear each 2 weeks in search for the always lurking and imminent nerfs to my champions. :p

GNG Iniquity

#bufftaquito #punchwalk #whiffycage
yeah smart post. Also

Yep, that's how I feel about the game at the moment. I've been dabbling with Shang but it isn't worth my time investing into the basic BNBs of the rest of the cast to truly maximize his potential since that major patch is coming up. Realistily, I doubt this will be the last major patch. If NRS listened to Tom Brady for the beginning this crap wouldn't have been such an issue.

Smoke's got an constant invisibility glitch, Shang has a constant boosted 33% damage glitch, Cage's X-ray still has the glitch. I understand that they have a lot on their plate, but eh...I just feel like I should wait for them to fix all this crap. :/

Mgt2

Noob
Guys vs Ermac, you can't beat his wake up with Forward kick FK or Back FP, so watch out with that. Just bp or fp jump to launch for combos.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
Ermac's wakeup is poor because his wakeup moves are way too slow. He has at least a 5-frame gap where he can be hit out of lift. It is that bad.

DanCock

Cock Master!!
Ermac's wakeup is poor because his wakeup moves are way too slow. He has at least a 5-frame gap where he can be hit out of lift. It is that bad.
are you basing this vs reptile? vs any other character ermac has one of the best wake ups in the game. try playing as scorpion to see what a crappy wake up game is like even liu and sindels is crap.

you need to understand that ermacs wake up can hit standard attacks unlike characters like sindel where they can be uppercutted, clipped, njp, her wake up is all guess 50/50 unless they do a special
move. then she wins. ermac doesn't have to worry about that.

so ermac has one of the best wake ups in the game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey guys, I was wondering what kind of options Kano has after a blocked b1,1,2, a 2,1,2 or a f3,b2?

I usually end up jumping up behind them, which obviously is good but can be beaten if it's predicted. What other sort of things can I do after a blockstring?

tehm

Noob
Hey guys, I was wondering what kind of options Kano has after a blocked b1,1,2, a 2,1,2 or a f3,b2?

I usually end up jumping up behind them, which obvious is good but can be beaten if it's predicted. What other sort of things can I do after a blockstring?
b112 is +frames so your options aren't in any way limited.

212 is something I really only use in combos because it has the same properties as b112 except is basically worse in every way so not really sure.

f3b2 I actually have some tech for... you want to input this as f3b2df and you want to do it pretty fast (faster than the low animation) if the low is blocked you want to really quickly plink 12 and you'll either end up with a f3df1 or a f3df2 both of which are safe. If it connects you've got full combo so just start smashing in your dash for the ...~xx~212~xx~b12~finisher (df1 or df2).

G4S KT

Gaming4Satan Founder
I love playing characters with fast, unsafe specials like Ermac. So easy to bait and punish.

EDIT: Regarding wake up specifically, but its true generally though to a lesser extent.

cyke_out

Noob
I'm getting wrecked by Reptile players, from full screen Kano wins vs force balls and acid spit and the slide and dash doesn't hit, but as Reptile closes distance, his dash is so fast, and slide goes under knife, and force balls trades are in his favor.

Also, what the best punish for his dash? It seems like b+1,1,2 is too slow to connect.

Mgt2

Noob
odd his wake up with the green power grab or w/e the name is, stops Kano's Forward FK and Back FP.

D.Barrett

Pad Warrior

I usually end up jumping up behind them, which obviously is good but can be beaten if it's predicted. What other sort of things can I do after a blockstring?
Something I found to be very useful for a blockstring would be F3 xx knifes or F3 xx choke. That is if they block the low of course. But it keeps them on their toes and all that junk and if your looking for another way to create safe pressure i think its a decent option. Spamming lows isnt a bad Idea with X-ray on deck.

GStick

Noob
Something I found to be very useful for a blockstring would be F3 xx knifes or F3 xx choke. That is if they block the low of course. But it keeps them on their toes and all that junk and if your looking for another way to create safe pressure i think its a decent option. Spamming lows isnt a bad Idea with X-ray on deck.
I like using the f3 knives. Even if they don't block it, which players who aren't as good tend not to, you still get put in a position for more zoning. Against better players... I don't know. They would probably expect what's coming after that. I still like it though.

PSN

Noob
Don't be rude to the guy; he's new, wants some help

That said, learn your juggle starters. Kano's got an Overhead and a Low combo now, so be sure to mix it up. Big thing I'd say to practice is going straight from knife to Up Ball in the opposite direction; you can screw a lot of teleporters that way
I appreciate it and the advice. Although I have to admit, I completely forgot I posted in this thread.

Malec was correct in saying I should look around at the threads around here. However, I believe I already had and was still in the process of researching at the time I asked the question. I probably was just wanting some general opinions from people on what they found useful when they started and not necessarily a scientific breakdown of all of Kano's set-ups and combos.

Thanks all for the advice and constructive criticism.

Thanks guys. I'll try some of that frame trap stuff.

By punishing teleports, do you mean how to punish the roll animation? What I do is what for them to start falling from the ball animation, and then do b1,1,2.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
odd his wake up with the green power grab or w/e the name is, stops Kano's Forward FK and Back FP.
Those moves aren't particularly fast. Meaty d4 xx upball should 100% stuff Ermac's wakeup, and there isn't shit he can actually do to punish that other than d1. :p

M2Dave

Zoning Master
Mgt2 said:
Raiden vs Kano, Raiden 60: Kano:40 match up wise? It feel like that to me
It's the other way around. Kano is one of Raiden's hardest match ups. The Knife recovers so quickly that Raiden has to teleport far in advance to punish it, which leaves him open to general anti-teleport strategies. Kano has it even better, though. The Up Ball's motion is d,f+2, so it's actually the reverse motion for the Knife. This means if Kano keeps spamming the Knife Toss, there's a high chance that Raiden gets punished when he teleports. Up Ball is 7 frames fast and -8 on block as far as I know. This means that Raiden has to execute a perfect Eletric Fly to punish it, which is not easy to do in the heat of a battle. All zoning characters lose to Raiden. Just not Kano. Raiden loses this match up 6/4 at best.

I feel that the tweaked version of Kano doesn't really have any mismatches. Maybe Kung Lao. Kano has been blessed with one of the best projectiles in the game along with one of the best defensive moves in the game. And he can rush down too.

D.Barrett

Pad Warrior
I have yet to encounter a Quan-chi player. Anyone got any tips or strategies against him like watching out for his foot stomp thing or something? He doesnt seem like he has too many full screen options.