What's new

Question - Kano KANO needs some buffs?

GAV

Resolution through knowledge and resolve.
Why not give him a teleport and let his roll hit overhead, then give the player the option to hit overhead again or low, meterless?

While we're at it, lets give Kung Jin an invincible command grab where he reaches out with his weapon so it gets range and can serve as a combo ender to get him up in the 50's without using meter.

Then, we can give Raiden a teleporting stance where he keeps teleporting until the user enters an attack - which gives the attack unblockable electrical armor.

DFC

Cutthroat Truther
Why not give him a teleport and let his roll hit overhead, then give the player the option to hit overhead again or low, meterless?

While we're at it, lets give Kung Jin an invincible command grab where he reaches out with his weapon so it gets range and can serve as a combo ender to get him up in the 50's without using meter.

Then, we can give Raiden a teleporting stance where he keeps teleporting until the user enters an attack - which gives the attack unblockable electrical armor.
Why are you here, then? Do you just stumble around the forums before your shitpost senses tingle? Trying to put Kano on the same level as fucking Kung Jin and Raiden? I understand that you're trying to make a point, but man, at least make contact with the ball.

Commando Kano needs +1 on block choke.
Not even. +1 would be very, very nice. But I'm sitting here asking for -4, and I'd settle on -6 if need bee.

GAV

Why are you here, then? Do you just stumble around the forums before your shitpost senses tingle? Trying to put Kano on the same level as fucking Kung Jin and Raiden? I understand that you're trying to make a point, but man, at least make contact with the ball.

Not even. +1 would be very, very nice. But I'm sitting here asking for -4, and I'd settle on -6 if need bee.
My point is that asking for buffs when a character already has the tools to beat anyone and everyone gets met with the same kind of foolishness that drafted it.

DFC

Cutthroat Truther
...because if you reach for someone's neck and they block your attempt, you still have the advantage?
I want you to know something. This is a game where people can teleport. This is a game where I can Break your face, break your neck, then break your ribs, and you're Hunky Dory. What is so extreme about a choke move, that is -14 on block, and -5 on hit, being made safe?

My point is that asking for buffs when a character already has the tools to beat anyone and everyone gets met with the same kind of foolishness that drafted it.
No, go away. I'm not going to go in a thread where someone's complaining about a downside of a good character to shitpost. What you're doing is bringing the post quality down. What would've happened in this thread without people like you is simple. there's be a little discussion, people would agree and disagree, then we'd go back to the variation and discussion threads. What you're doing is entering a thread you don't particularly care about, then complaining that a discussion could be happening, and you disagree with said discussion. It baffles me why you'd even think that's not stupid.

villainous monk

Terrible times breed terrible things, my lord.
Look in the Kano discussion thread, where Salt Shaker brought up this. It should be one of the last posts.

And I'm upset not at everything else in the thread, I've come to accept that. I'm upset that I'm apparently in the wrong for expecting NRS to make the most balanced game possible.

By no means am I an expert or rep of this community(I would feel very bad for the community if I was), but it's just my opinion and looking at past experience, characters get wrongfully buffed and nerfed in every game. But the characters that generally get hit the most are those where the developers stand pat. I don't expect to ever get a Kenshi buff, but down the road I do expect the small stuff to hit bit by bit.

There will always be a top and low tier, yes. But I don't see why I should just accept that Character X is low tier, while Character Y is top tier. I'd want the developers to try and close the gap between the top tier and bottom tier as hard as they can.
I agree with your point. Just one thing though... Lets be kool about it. Calm and collected. Nice point though.

He'll live... for now.

GAV

I want you to know something. This is a game where people can teleport. This is a game where I can Break your face, break your neck, then break your ribs, and you're Hunky Dory. What is so extreme about a choke move, that is -14 on block, and -5 on hit, being made safe?
...because then you just need to get close enough to spam it to victory against most players.

In addition, the part of the game which is exchanges needs players to buy in for the game to remain successful.

By you wanting to make it +1, means your understanding is lacking - or, you just don't care, and you just want what you want.

DFC

Cutthroat Truther
Just a friendly FYI @GAV. I don't want it at +1. I want it at -4. that other guy wants it at +1. I just want it to be safe, because as it stands, I, and no other Kano player has any incentive to use it, as you're -14 on block, and -5 ON HIT. It does things, but everything it does is done better by other tools.

Want a HKD off <string>? Cancel into ball.
Want an Anti Air? B1

Realistically speaking, it's second to Cybernetic's up laser as the most useless move in his arsenal.

Prinz

watch?v=a8PEVV6tt14
...because if you reach for someone's neck and they block your attempt, you still have the advantage?
No, because half the cast is at advantage when they reach either for your forehead or shins.
And he needs his b1 back.

The non EX teleports are all unsafe, the unrealistic nature of xrays doesnt mean the functionality of the gameplay should be compromised. Id be okay if it was a command grab that i can duck and uppercut though?

Shark Tank

I don't actually play these games
Just a friendly FYI @GAV. I don't want it at +1. I want it at -4. that other guy wants it at +1. I just want it to be safe, because as it stands, I, and no other Kano player has any incentive to use it, as you're -14 on block, and -5 ON HIT. It does things, but everything it does is done better by other tools.

Want a HKD off <string>? Cancel into ball.
Want an Anti Air? B1

Realistically speaking, it's second to Cybernetic's up laser as the most useless move in his arsenal.
As a former commando main I vouch for this.

DFC

Cutthroat Truther
GTFO.

You have no clue. That is all.
Obviously not him, but Kenshi did desperately need that patch. I'm just saying, I think Kano could benefit from a little bit here, and a little bit there. Other characters deserve buffs too, but I don't want Any character to be untouched. Every character has things that should be better, and should be worse.

The non EX teleports are all unsafe, the unrealistic nature of xrays doesnt mean the functionality of the gameplay should be compromised. Id be okay if it was a command grab that i can duck and uppercut though?
And the Choke is -14 on block, -5 on hit. I want it to be -4 on block, and at least +5 on hit. It would still hit high, and thus still be low profiled.

@Shark Tank Join me in the "Plays every variation" group

DFC

Cutthroat Truther
Hey, we're all allowed to troll at some point.

If we're being serious here...

I agree with Saltshaker's ideas.
See, I don't like that line of thinking. It's one thing to have fun, but when I enter a thread, and half of it was people Ironically shitposting about how "Character X that isn't related to the discussion needs buffs xD", it's really irritating.

And I agree with Salt as well. He's on the ball with his posts

villainous monk

Terrible times breed terrible things, my lord.
Bring back prepatch b1 and make b13 an OH/LOW.

#REASONABLE
#SETPLAY

:-P
Ooouuuiiii.... Sweet Jesus! Mmm Mmm Mmm. Imagine that. B13 OH/LOW... Good God. That's all I can say. Even if his b121 started oh and ended low would make me a happy guy and I'm NEVER happy. Lets not forget to
K.

Oh @DougDFC I've been existing since 1982. Thanks though. Lots of people like that I exist too. lol.