What's new

Question - Kano KANO needs some buffs?

Ok guys. After playing and main my man kano for a month already, I think he needs some buffs. I'm not telling he's bad. But against top tiers he's pretty fuck mostly. Even using his best weapons the zoning elements. We know so far by now that zoning in this game is just gonna give u a salty day.
So I believe he need some overheads in cybernetic variation at least one.
NJ1 needs to increase his hitbox and be more faster, because he's very easy to block and very punishable.
In cutthroat variation he needs more safe elements for pressure.

I think this at the moment are fair buffs and this isn't make the character broke or unfair.

I don't know, what do you think about it?.

tatterbug4

Bug of tater's
Ok guys. After playing and main my man kano for a month already, I think he needs some buffs. I'm not telling he's bad. But against top tiers he's pretty fuck mostly. Even using his best weapons the zoning elements. We know so far by now that zoning in this game is just gonna give u a salty day.
NJ1 needs to increase his hitbox and be more faster, because he's very easy to block and very punishable.

I think this at the moment are fair buffs and this isn't make the character broke or unfair.

I don't know, what do you think about it?.
I think he looks perfectly fine. Every character isn't going to be up to power to fight a top tier. He seems well rounded at everything.

WakeUp DP

GT MK OshTekk.
As a member of the zoning academy I feel obligated to like/agree with this even though I do not feel he needs it. But I gotta show loyalty to my zoning members!

MORDECA1

Noob
I have played a lot of cutthroat. And yes, I think he needs some buffs.

One thing I don't like his how his Power Charge DD3 is so easily snuffed out. It does like 10 or 15% dmg to yourself and it doesn't give you that big of a buff. But the most annoying part is that if you get hit once, even with the EX, it removes the buff. I feel like that should be upgraded a little.

I like Kotal Kahn's Power Charge thing, I think its blood sacrifice? It works for the first 4 hits and gives you like 15+ secs to get the hits, even if your opponent combos you.

FlappyDaniel

Snappin' spines all day e'ry day.
we made every Kano swear a blood oath...He MIGHT need slight buffing, but what you suggested is kinda silly. Kano's pressure is amazing and cutthroat has plenty, all he needs in that variation is a bigger hitbox on B1.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
I was wondering who would be the first person to make this thread. Didn't expect to think of a new member. I'll just say this.

No.

Why not give every character and variation in the game OH/Low starter elements while we're at it?

I just hate the idea that every problem or issue with a character has to be resolved with an OH/Low of some sorts. There are plenty of suggestions that can keep his core gameplay in tactic while buffing him to fare better against the Top 10. How about more pushback on block after F4, a faster B2, more priority on his Ball specials, a few more % on his combos, more damage on knives, more block stun on laser, more pushback on B13 and B23 to help compensate the B1 nerf, etc. Things of that nature that enhance what he was designed to do.

Just throwing the OH bandaid on it is a cop out and won't really help anything in the long run of the character.
Cyber above. Not all, but he could use some of those during the next patch roll out. In Cutthroat his B1 hitbox needs to be improved better than balls rubbing on legs to land, EX Powerup needs to stay when hit, and regular Powerup needs to drain less than 15% health.

There are a few things that he can actually use as effective buffs for his long term competitive future, but you didn't list a single one of them.

God everyone just wants to rewrite the game instead of play the one given to us. Stop this shits ridiculous
It calls feed back by making the game better, or you enjoyed saw in every grand finals raidens, kun Jins, etc?. And I'm not saiying my words are absolute but can help to open a disccussion about the character. At the end I don't take the final call on buffs or nerfs. Open your mind sir.

I GOT HANDS

Official Infrared Scorp wid gapless Wi-Fi pressure
So are you saying he cant fight the top tiers but doesnt need any buffs? okay
If we buff Kano to top tier, then the rest of the cast can't fight him either. You throw off like 15 to 20 different match ups for the sake of about 5, the only reason that you think this is good "balancing" is because you are retardedly bias.

The top tier need a couple of nerfs, go and campaign for that instead

Levaranoia

War God
I have played a lot of cutthroat. And yes, I think he needs some buffs.

One thing I don't like his how his Power Charge DD3 is so easily snuffed out. It does like 10 or 15% dmg to yourself and it doesn't give you that big of a buff. But the most annoying part is that if you get hit once, even with the EX, it removes the buff. I feel like that should be upgraded a little.

I like Kotal Kahn's Power Charge thing, I think its blood sacrifice? It works for the first 4 hits and gives you like 15+ secs to get the hits, even if your opponent combos you.
You lose 10 percent health for using blood sacrifice and it only last for 3 hits and they count even if they are blocked. It ain't worth it. And Im pretty sure it doesn't last for 15 seconds or like 8 seconds.

Last edited:

RYX

BIG PUSHER
You lose 10 percent damage for using blood sacrifice and it only last for 3 hits and they count even if they are blocked. It ain't worth it. And Im pretty sure it doesn't last for 15 seconds or like 8 seconds.
blood offering doesn't have a time limit, just saying