What's new

Guide - Cutthroat Kano Hype Train Video by Pig of the Hut & Machinima

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheGangstaFace

Psn, Xbox, Twitter: TheGangstaFace
(Slaps self on forehead) Can we just go back to -8 slice please? @nrs. You guys are up playing wayyyy too much, the thing is he's always played this way minus the yolo factor of slice now. Besides, Kano should be allowed to have at least one mk game he's top in. It's not the end of the world guys, he still has to play a solid footsie game and make good reads to win with. I don't understand how everyone is ok with characters like jax, Sonya, alien, and countless others being top 5 or even top 10 but it's downright blasphemy if Kano climbs a spot?!?
So your excuse for him being broken is cuz other characters are broken? Lmao. And who cares if he's always played this way. There's like 100 variations in this game. Sometimes it takes time to notice a character. Also the overhead buff, -5 slice, and buff on the overhead range helped

ArmedCalf

I guess I play Necromancer now.. PSN: ArmedCalf
Look at the comments on that Facebook video. People know Pig of the Hut isn't that nice of a guy and he acts very childish for a 40 year old. There will be Pig dick riders but there are also people who see him for the arrogant child he is.
Lol the only negative comment was left by limbodawg. You're gonna defend limbodawg? I'm out, I can't I'm so done with TYM right now lmao

Cossner

King of the Jobbers 2015
Administrator
Favorable macth ups=Tools to beat others. Piercing has tools to beat others so she has the favor. I know how tiers work dude, but let me back up cause u spoke with so-called "top players" and I'm a nobody then. Massive damage over 40+ you need two bars with CT. I am a Kano main I know all gia tricks. Yes, he is safe but but not safe enough to play stupid and throw out stuff.
I usually give people the benefit of the doubt.

This is not high level gameplay. At all. Maybe you were off that day. Can you provide with a better video? Because honestly, reading you and watching this makes me think I'm arguing with someone who doesn't understand the game and is just arguing for the sake of arguing.

Gooberking

FGC Cannon Fodder
Look at the comments on that Facebook video. People know Pig of the Hut isn't that nice of a guy and he acts very childish for a 40 year old. There will be Pig dick riders but there are also people who see him for the arrogant child he is.
He isn't 40.

WiseM0nkey

welcome to the ButtSlam
(Slaps self on forehead) Can we just go back to -8 slice please? @nrs. You guys are up playing wayyyy too much, the thing is he's always played this way minus the yolo factor of slice now. Besides, Kano should be allowed to have at least one mk game he's top in. It's not the end of the world guys, he still has to play a solid footsie game and make good reads to win with. I don't understand how everyone is ok with characters like jax, Sonya, alien, and countless others being top 5 or even top 10 but it's downright blasphemy if Kano climbs a spot?!?
dude, you can fuckin OS the opponent wake ups with a flash parry off of a 50/50 and get free pressure if they decide to delay their wake up lol, stop with the "you have to play solid footsies to win with CT", it's not fuckin Cybernetic, if you're playing the footsie / spacing game with CT than you're not playing him right.. seems like you dont realize how dumb he is.

and no, we're not fine with CT bullshit just like we're not fine with other characters bullshit, stop being sooo sentimental

MadeOfMetal

Kenshi Srubtastic,Cyrax, Special Forces Mains
Ok. So because its not new information it shouldn't be posted even if its a highlight video that may go over some things people missed or give them new ideas? New players are coming to this forum all the time and things like this are what help people get into a character and learn them better. Information sharing is the point of a forum. When good information gets swallowed up by "we already know this" all the time, that information stops coming through.
we all know he posted this to make light of others who win with Kano, this is an attempt to downplay Kano mains at tournaments. saying they have it all, they can blow up everything. what he forgot in his video is the guess factor, if he uses any of those tools and guesses wrong, well he is left without meter, or without meter and take 15% and gets blown up, or without meter and gets blown up for it.

and at any point if he uses his Meter to jail, he loses damage and health.

when you use one with Kano he loses the other options, that video made it sound like, we all play in practice mode and have infinite meter that we can Do endless EX up balls, EX cancels, and Ex blow ups in corner all game and stop everything.

even though he has all those tools he just left out all the weaknesses to Kano and weather he is trying to get him nerfed or Downplay the Kano main im against it.

simple fact, if you lose to Kano any variation its because you made mistakes.

and no amount of videos will change that.

he says he is sick of people calling him not top 5 when he loses, well im sick of others making excuses for there loses instead of Leveling up.

this game is about overcoming disadvantages and comming through. Labbing up finding ways around the few tools characters have as dirt, and exploiting their weaknesses.

im just done with the excuses.

WiseM0nkey

welcome to the ButtSlam
we all know he posted this to make light of others who win with Kano, this is an attempt to downplay Kano mains at tournaments. saying they have it all, they can blow up everything. what he forgot in his video is the guess factor, if he uses any of those tools and guesses wrong, well he is left without meter, or without meter and take 15% and gets blown up, or without meter and gets blown up for it.

when you use one with Kano he loses the other options, that video made it sound like, we all play in practice mode and have infinite meter that we can Do endless EX up balls, EX cancels, and Ex blow ups in corner all game and stop everything.

even though he has all those tools he just left out all the weaknesses to Kano and weather he is trying to get him nerfed or Downplay the Kano main im against it.

he says he is sick of people calling him not top 5 when he loses, well im sick of others making excuses for there loses instead of Leveling up.

this game is about overcoming disadvantages and comming through. Labbing up finding ways around the few tools characters have as dirt, and exploiting their weaknesses.

or you just guessed wrong on a couple of 50/50s against CT... mistakes...

MadeOfMetal

Kenshi Srubtastic,Cyrax, Special Forces Mains
I usually give people the benefit of the doubt.

This is not high level gameplay. At all. Maybe you were off that day. Can you provide with a better video? Because honestly, reading you and watching this makes me think I'm arguing with someone who doesn't understand the game and is just arguing for the sake of arguing.
did you really bring it to this low?

ill vouch for @PrimBloodGhost , he plays at a high level. and i have been in many koths where he has won consistently against Top players.

now for this video, this is him fucking around with a random online. is he not allowed to have fun online?

cuz if you think thats his potential you are very mistaken.

ArmedCalf

I guess I play Necromancer now.. PSN: ArmedCalf
Why does every Kano main make the DoT he takes sound as bad as Qun Chi's tramce on block? Like why does every Kano main hide behind that?

Why do Kano mains not understand the huge meta that db1 has now?

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
Lol at people saying anything CT Kano does is a risk; Kano is one of the safest characters in the game.

This thread is really illuminating to the ignorance and downplaying of a lot of the CT band wagoners.
Uhhh most of the people downplaying are Kano mains lol.

Most of the bandwagoners are bandwagoning because he is so good and so safe.

Cossner

King of the Jobbers 2015
Administrator
did you really bring it to this low?

ill vouch for @PrimBloodGhost , he plays at a high level. and i have been in many koths where he has won consistently against Top players.

now for this video, this is him fucking around with a random online. is he not allowed to have fun online?

cuz if you think thats his potential you are very mistaken.
How is this low? We're here to discuss video game gameplay, turns out we can't mention gameplay? If you're gonna argue with really good people, you better be really good.

It's cool that you vouche for him, I have no idea who you are, I have never seen you in tournament, and I have never played against you online. It literally means nothing to me lol.

All his other videos have similar gameplay. I posted that he can post another one where he plays better.

Why hasn't any top player mention his name? Why haven't I seen him in any KOTH? What does "winning against top players consistently" mean?

xxFalcon Loverxx

Ignorant slaves, how quickly you forget.

You realize he has safe meterless 50/50's, even if you don't hit confirm it in the corner, you're STILL safe. He has +14 on block mixups and +9 on block one's too. I know that he gets the dot damage. Maybe if you know that hitconfirming exists then you wouldn't be making that argument.

Simple fact, if you guessed wrong between a 13 frame OH and a 14 frame low that can be hit confirmed and also be made +14 on block which jails into another safe meterless mixup and iirc +6 on block low then congratulations! According to the guy i'm quoting it's completely your mistake and totally completely fair. (P.S I KNOW ABOUT THE DOT LIKE I SAID " Maybe if you knew hit confirming exists you wouldn't make that argument")

Even if you don't hit confirm you can do B121 xx EX Buff, B121 xx DD3 blockstring which leaves you -7 on block which is safe against a lot of characters and deactivates your buff and leaves you with 1.5% damage on you. You can also do this after low into ex buff as it may not jail but the opponent has to respect your B1. Instead of just going for B121 xx DD3 after the ex buff on block, you can go for a mixup too. This also does some good chip damage .

You wouldn't have to use the above if you knew how to hit confirm too.

How does one "Downplay the Kano main"? Which kano main has he downplayed in the video? Anyways, what are his weaknesses? He takes damage during buff? If that's the "weakness" of yours then i'm done with you. He has good footsies, good D4, pressure with ex knives, safe meterless mixups, +14, +9 and +6 on block mixups which yes do some damage to kano but if you use the thing i told you about B121 xx DD3 then you're the one doing chip and you lose only 1.5% of your health then you're fine, overhead, low 6 frame air ball mixups, 6 frame EX up ball wake-up which is safe and if it hits it grants you the opportunity to zone out your opponent, good zoning, good damage in the corner, good damage midscreen, amazing damage with ex buff in both midscreen and corner etc. I'm pretty sure there are alot more things that i can touch on but i can't remember anything else.

I can't even understand your "well im sick of people making excuses for there loses instead of Leveling up." point because of your grammar. What are you saying? "making excuses for there loses" Who's losses? Pig's losses? What losses? Pig hasn't lost any game against Kano has he? This point is stupid and i don't even know why you said it.

Well, it isn't really fucking fair when you overcome the advantage you're STILL at disadvantage? What the....

I'm just done with the excuses.
Please, correct me if i said anything wrong about Kano.

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
Why does every Kano main make the DoT he takes sound as bad as Qun Chi's tramce on block? Like why does every Kano main hide behind that?

Why do Kano mains not understand the huge meta that db1 has now?
Please don't lump me in. In another thread I suggested his b3 a mid and was crucified.

He would essentially be smoke from MK9 if b3 was a mid. All I want is db1 to be safe.

Gofer_MK_

Banned
Yea the focus here wasn't "let me show u all his weaknesses" it was more about "why" a ton of players and top players are joining the Aussie
I might have jumped on you too quick. But on the other hand I didn't downplay Kano AT ALL, and calmly pointed out his weakness (there aren't many of those). I still have PTSD after the hotfix and reacent Lordofthefly's "they should make b3 a mid" idea... :p

Status
Not open for further replies.