What's new

Guide - Cutthroat Kano Hype Train Video by Pig of the Hut & Machinima

Status
Not open for further replies.

Indecisive

We'll burn you all—that is your fate!
1. Johnny
Has the zoning tools and safe frames cancels. Great strings and advancing knee into cancels. He has all the tools.

2. Mileena
Zoning tools, anti Zoning tele, safe 1 2 that you can play mind games with. Awesome space and footsies. I can go on with the tools she has to place her top tier.

3. Devorah

Cancel pressure, run in pressure, 50/50s, and anti zone tools. She can do it all.

4. Leather Face

Run cancels, resets, 50/50s, zoning tools, anti air. Lets not over look Pretty lady zoning and rush down potential.

5. Bo Rio Cho
Barjutsu
Fart cancels into restands into 50/50s. Nuff said!

6. Alien or Predator

Lazer or Acid take your pick

Both zone well and both have 50/50s and long range. Does crazy damage once ypu get into their zone. Try getting in with CuttThoart and gethalf your life gone before touching them.

Plenty of others I place before CT to be honest. I see up uplay all over this. But occording to someone, tools dont effect tier level. Hahaha! Give me a break.
Whoa. First off leatherface is not top 5. Lets correct you a bit. They are rev cancels not run cancels. Which are full combo punishable. Second he only has a real 50/50 in butcher. Unless you count the 28 frame OH in Killer. Zoning tools are only in pretty lady. His anti airs are great though but he has slow armor. No mids. Basically loses to people mashing low pokes cause his are not plus enough. Has multiple horrible MUs. The things you said he has is across 3 variations not just 1

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
# 1&2 . Your body language and sarcastic tone and attitude towards the character's tools says otherwise.

#3. Db1 in the "corner" grants a 50/50 on hit, my earlier argument was trying to establish that he can't do that midscreen. Db1 midscreen grants pressure because there are multiple ways you opponent can get out of the scenario. (Backdash, armor, quick pokes, etc...)

#4. No that video was not quality, you can't just brand yourself and give info from a tunnel vision perspective. Like some have stated beforehand, the video "appeared" agenda driven (in a negative way), and how you delivered that information (your body language and sarcastic explainations) kinda screamed out that maybe this is more than "just an informative video"

#5. We will see I guess

#6. You're the one who brought up he has a "2f OH and it's the fastest move in the game" I was just explaining the pros and cons of using that particular special and the others like it (kano' balls :p) and yes knife toss is punishable as well since it flies over crouch blocking hit boxes sometimes (same with ex)

#7. Everything in the corner does work midscreen, except slice on hit granting a 50/50. You have to run cancel immediately afterwards and in that time the recover and can poke you out of any 50/50 follow up. The only true guaranteed thing you get is to f2 or f4 check them forcing them to block, hence I said "pressure"

#8. You didn't leave out that his jump was floaty and ass. How do you forget what content is in your own video?!?

I never said he wasn't a top character, in fact I do think he's on the cusp of top 5 (definitely top 10). My only issue with this is you made it "seem" like he was straight up broken tier now and didn't point out the downsides (as little as they may be) that came with certain aspects of the character himself.

That post you quoted me on was in regard to ex upball and ex Kano ball. Re read the convo up to that point.
My body language ?

It's called "be engaging not boring "

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
This is crazy. Nothing pig said was false at all.

His dot during buff is the trade off for the big damage true, but it's not really an issue. You should be hit confirming into it and cancelling it after your combo is done. That makes 15 damage more like 6-8 that he takes.

The reason I play Kano is the safe db1. I would not play him otherwise. Take away his low and I'd still be fine.

This is crazy

villainous monk

Terrible times breed terrible things, my lord.
I personally think alot of paranoid posters got exposed in this thread. Like seriously wtf....
That maybe so in a way but in the end let it be.

That's their main man. Kano. That's their dude. Like I said it was a bit emotional and maybe it went too far. Shit man. Look at it from a bigger picture.

Minutes , hours, days, weeks, months and a full year we've been on the this roller-coaster called mkx-l with this guy. AND mkx-l in general.

The nurfs. Buffs. The pros n cons. The mu.'s n tier placements. The crying with bitching and the crying from the bitching we get when we bodied the soul out of someone.

The good bad and ugly with this guy. Breaking him down like Legos to the 3rd power! Yeah.

They might have went a bit overboard but ok. I don't think you would do the same or maybe you would If it was your main but ok. Shits been said and done.

Let it be. There good players & dudes up in here.

Apex Kano

Kano Commando main MKX
I tend to just ignore everything you say, but this. Bo Rai Cho is a shit character and you have no idea what you are talking about.

Also, addressing this point, no one has said that at all. Tier lists are based off a character's MU's is what was stated, not that a character's tools don't affect their tier placing. You should seriously stop posting and making a fool of yourself. Stop getting all butthurt because people are stating the obvious in that Cutthroat is a top 10 character easily and because people are jumping on the bandwagon of your precious character who is now top tier. Its ridiculous.
Lets shit over Bo Ri Cho and noy notice the tools he has. I think people sleeping on him. He is really good.

You know you just need to ignore when he puts BRC but not Kano in a top 5.
I never said this was my offical top 5. I was explaining the tools they have over Kano CT. Also, people are sleeping on Bo Ri Cho and Leatherface.

Tweedy

Noob
1. Johnny
Has the zoning tools and safe frames cancels. Great strings and advancing knee into cancels. He has all the tools.

2. Mileena
Zoning tools, anti Zoning tele, safe 1 2 that you can play mind games with. Awesome space and footsies. I can go on with the tools she has to place her top tier.

3. Devorah

Cancel pressure, run in pressure, 50/50s, and anti zone tools. She can do it all.

4. Leather Face

Run cancels, resets, 50/50s, zoning tools, anti air. Lets not over look Pretty lady zoning and rush down potential.

5. Bo Rio Cho
Barjutsu
Fart cancels into restands into 50/50s. Nuff said!

6. Alien or Predator

Lazer or Acid take your pick

Both zone well and both have 50/50s and long range. Does crazy damage once ypu get into their zone. Try getting in with CuttThoart and gethalf your life gone before touching them.

Plenty of others I place before CT to be honest. I see up uplay all over this. But occording to someone, tools dont effect tier level. Hahaha! Give me a break.
What is this post?

Indecisive

We'll burn you all—that is your fate!
Lets shit over Bo Ri Cho and noy notice the tools he has. I think people sleeping on him. He is really good.

I never said this was my offical top 5. I was explaining the tools they have over Kano CT. Also, people are sleeping on Bo Ri Cho and Leatherface.
Nobody is sleeping leatherface. They are mostly trying to deal with people mashing low pokes since he has no mids.

aldazo

Waiting for Havik
Hey Pig when are you going to make a Mileena video? You should pick her now that she is top tier. I'm sure you will do a lot better with her than with Kenshi :DOGE.

Bomborge

Aspiring scrub

1. Bo Rai Cho for god's sake
2. Hes not. Play him and then says hes good.

Status
Not open for further replies.