What's new

Guide - Cutthroat Kano Hype Train Video by Pig of the Hut & Machinima

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rude

You will serve me in The Netherrealm
thats the definition of not his advantage though, he needs to use armor or his buttons are going to get beat by anything. its his disadvantage he just still has options, the buzzword terminology is bad for actual discussion
Right, I think what they're getting at is because he has the armor, if you respect it he can continue pushing buttons.

I guess

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
I didn't miss any point, your video clearly screams nerf!!! Because like most people you don't want to let it ride and learn the matchup. Instead you're catering to the crybaby antics of this site and that both soils the reputation of our community, and is what causes NRS to give us such knee jerk buff/nerfing like our current top tier in the first place! Dude I was just pointing out how you conveniently left out the negatives Kano carries around with him (that being how punishable he is on all of his specials excluding slice). And slice on hit midscreen doesn't grant anything for free except a pressure "attempt". He is forced to run up at his opponent and can easily be checked with a low poke before either b1 or b3 come out. Yes, you showed examples only in the corner and those things are true when in the corner, but like my point I was trying to make is you need to show both sides of the coin. Kano has what he's always had but it's not unbeatable or can't be gotten around, I'm not up playing, I'm stating what the character can and can't do in this variation.
Well #1 this video nor I screams nerf.

#2 the video is meant to explain and encourage people to use Kano

#3. Db1 on hit grants a 50/50 not pressure

#4. I posted this video on this site for those who are interested in quality videos, unlike 99.9% of top player who have all together stopped posting on this site because your downplaying rivals Johnny cage forums right now

#5. I want to let Kano ride - again never encouraged nerfs

#6. Punishable specials? Wtf are these random ass kanos throwing out randoms ass balls and ex db1s?????? You should lose if you do

#7. Everything I showed in the corner works mid screen

#8. Here's a negative I left out : worst jump in the game. FML guys lets buff it

Peace, sorry you think Kano isn't a top character

Pig Of The Hut

Cutthroat is one of the best in the game tbh. He's got amazing footsies, safe 50/50s, great damage, good wakeups, and some of the best movement in the game. His main weaknesses is he is meter hungry. He's also super simple to play which is why I am picking him up lol.

EX ball is also a thing that leads to full combos...

Best thing to do after db1 though is backdash. Beats almost any attempt to respond to a blocked db1 and makes a lot of people whiff punish stuff out of frustration.
^ exactly

Rude

You will serve me in The Netherrealm
Kano is super good, no doubt. I think the blade slice buff put him over the edge, more than anything else. You could argue the extended B1 hitbox also helped, but all the good Cutthroats I played never had too much trouble with the spacing.

Other than that, most of these tools he's always had. I don't think he needs to be nerfed. Cyber does need a couple buffs tho, can we agree on that?

Apex Kano

Kano Commando main MKX
@Pig Of The Hut Please stop your hate on other charaters by making others look OP cause your Kenshi sucks. Kano always been good since day 1 but now since others what to take notice, now he is OP broken. Just Stop! All what you are showing has been known to us Day 1 Kano mains. Everything you complain about has a counter and weakness.

CT needs meter like a baby needs milk. If he has none he will not be able to put out damage massively. His Air Ball is great as a OH but....its still unsafe and can be punished. His d4 is awesome but so are others. His standing OH got a needed hit frame buff and of course its safe but unsafe if you keep spaming it.

The serious overdose of Kanos are concerning to me, because when that happens...nerfs happens. All of us day 1 Kanos better get ready for the incoming hate and OP talk since Piggy Wiggy wants to expose Kano and up play, trying to nerf him.

Pig Of The Hut

@Pig Of The Hut Please stop your hate on other charaters by making others look OP cause your Kenshi sucks. Kano always been good since day 1 but now since others what to take notice, now he is OP broken. Just Stop! All what you are showing has been known to us Day 1 Kano mains. Everything you complain about has a counter and weakness.

CT needs meter like a baby needs milk. If he has none he will not be able to put out damage massively. His Air Ball is great as a OH but....its still unsafe and can be punished. His d4 is awesome but so are others. His standing OH got a needed hit frame buff and of course its safe but unsafe if you keep spaming it.

The serious overdose of Kanos are concerning to me, because when that happens...nerfs happens. All of us day 1 Kanos better get ready for the incoming hate and OP talk since Piggy Wiggy wants to expose Kano and up play, trying to nerf him.
Sigh......

Do you know users like yourself and posts like this is why all the top players have a private forum away from this garbage? No one wants Kano nerfed.

The lack IQ on TYM is insulting

MadeOfMetal

Kenshi Srubtastic,Cyrax, Special Forces Mains
Sigh......

Do you know users like yourself and posts like this is why all the top players have a private forum away from this garbage? No one wants Kano nerfed.

The lack IQ on TYM is insulting
you know damn well you are trying to get him nerfed don't play dumb.

why call a character broken, and say your not trying to nerf him

smells funny to me.

Apex Kano

Kano Commando main MKX
Sensing downplay
The only downplaying I see is you and Kenshi. Kenshi is better then he was since vanilla version and you still can't win. So you picked a higher tier chararcer like Kano, and discovered CT had 50/50s. *NewsFlash* Kano had a rushdown varient day 1 that was even better when he had the ex Buff with Armor without damage over time.
Stop hopping on the bandwagon and go get better with Kenshi.

MadeOfMetal

The only downplaying I see is you and Kenshi. Kenshi is better then he was since vanilla version and you still can't win. So you picked a higher tier chararcer like Kano, and discovered CT had 50/50s. *NewsFlash* Kano had a rushdown varient day 1 that was even better when he had the ex Buff with Armor without damage over time.
^top ten favorite TYM post of all time:)

Pig Of The Hut

I made around $12,000 w one of the worst characters in the game and my last 6 years have a track record u can only dream

Peace

Last edited:

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart

Where are you guys getting the idea he wants Kano nerfed? NRS has said they aren't patching anymore, which means they aren't patching anymore. He also never mentions nerfs in the video.

Also he doesn't need meter to do that much damage because meterless he can still end in a hard knockdown and get to do another safe 50/50(which is what Pig's video describes btw). Those 50/50 combos add up. Plus he can build meter fairly easily. Db1 is now safe and hits from practically anywhere on the screen.

This just seems like Pig is making videos showing why certain characters are really good. He did the same for DLC characters when they came out. If NRS chooses to nerf that is on them but again...there are no more patches. This is really not that big of a deal.

Pig Of The Hut

Where are you guys getting the idea he wants Kano nerfed? NRS has said they aren't patching anymore, which means they aren't patching anymore. He also never mentions nerfs in the video.

Also he doesn't need meter to do that much damage because meterless he can still end in a hard knockdown and get to do another safe 50/50(which is what Pig's video describes btw). Those 50/50 combos add up. Plus he can build meter fairly easily. Db1 is now safe and hits from practically anywhere on the screen.

This just seems like Pig is making videos showing why certain characters are really good. He did the same for DLC characters when they came out. If NRS chooses to nerf that is on them but again...there are no more patches. This is really not that big of a deal.
^ thanks

MadeOfMetal

they are gonna make another patch and we all know it.

they said they did a small fix for ESL. and after they will adjust what needs to be done

Status
Not open for further replies.