What's new

Kabal Questions and strategies

Prinz

watch?v=a8PEVV6tt14
Jade is a really good character. She's just unexplored and no one has really tapped into her full potential, yet. Buffing her for no reason might cause some severe consequences in the future if someone really good decides to pick her up and show us we were wrong.
I agree that there is no reason to buff a character until he gets some severe attention. But you did try her a little as I recall and didn't leave any feedback. So do you really think she is good? And if you do, can you back that up with something?

Saltea Moonspell

"Mind Over Matter" I dont mind, and X dont matter
Guys, i had a discussion with my buddy regarding the Kabal's Bs startup. He believes that it has 0 startup on wakeup. He claims the proof to that is Buzz Saw coming out even when Kabal gets hit - while he is kicked out of the animation.
Is that theory correct or not?

Somberness

Lights
Guys, i had a discussion with my buddy regarding the Kabal's Bs startup. He believes that it has 0 startup on wakeup. He claims the proof to that is Buzz Saw coming out even when Kabal gets hit - while he is kicked out of the animation.
Is that theory correct or not?
The reason you can't interrupt it is because of wakeup invincibility. And the reason it looks like it always comes out is because it starts a character space behind him.

Wow! Jade got hosed on that deal. Kitana gets razor sharp fans, Mileena gets sais and what does Jade get? Her stripper pole gets taken down for her weapon and Crocodile Dundee's boomerang. And we cant even get this girl a 0 frame glow? Id go on strike if I was her.
It's a game limitation apparently, even Cage's x-ray does not work on the frame the game reads your input. I could go on, but time will tell.

I am unable to connect the kick and gb after b121 and jump. I am able to connect the kick after the jump but the gb seems to be way too slow. What am I doing wrong? Also note that I am able to connect the jump kick and gb; but just not after b121 :-( been eating my head for the last 2 days...

Appreciate any inputs..

Saltea Moonspell

As kabal player i have never tried nor seen such things. Though even it is as you guys say no smart Kabal will go for such risk/reward.
If i decide to dash through shit, i go with Ex.

jokey77

Character Loyalist
It seems like this subform doesn´t have a thread for general questions. I got a few of them.
However I´d suggest that this thread is used by other users as well, so we don´t have to open up new threads over and over again...

Question 1:

I have started to play around with antiair ND. While your oppenent is spinning, you can easily do a NJP. Now I have found out that you can sometimes connect b+1,2,1, once your opponent bounces back from the floor. Then again very often this doesn't seems to work at all and you can only connect the b+1 while 2 and 1 whiff. Is this character-specific?

Question 2:
How do you guys punish teleports? Especially Kung Lao's teleport is troublesome.

Thanks in advance!

GGA soonk

ĜĞÅ §ººñ|<®©™
If you're fast, when KL teleports you can also D1, F4~Nomad Dash, and that works on Scorpion and Ermac's teleport as well.

eskuAdradit0

"Thanks" button abuser.
Uhm...

Mileena's teleport is something you should punish with (you block it crouched) D1 into f4, spin and ender of your choice.
Kung Lao's teleport you wanna D1 into f4 too. Ex Teleport you wanna EX Nomad Dash it. I saw REO do it at devastation or something like that.

All other teleports are full combo punishable. For example, Smoke, Scorpion and Ermac will land on the ground and still not be able to block, so you can punish with B1,2,1 if you're quick or F+3,2 if you don't feel as comfortable.

GGA soonk

ĜĞÅ §ººñ|<®©™
Uhm...

Mileena's teleport is something you should punish with (you block it crouched) D1 into f4, spin and ender of your choice.
Kung Lao's teleport you wanna D1 into f4 too. Ex Teleport you wanna EX Nomad Dash it. I saw REO do it at devastation or something like that.

All other teleports are full combo punishable. For example, Smoke, Scorpion and Ermac will land on the ground and still not be able to block, so you can punish with B1,2,1 if you're quick or F+3,2 if you don't feel as comfortable.
In addition, Scorpion's EX Teleport is handled the same as KL's regular teleport: D1, F4 Nomad Dash.

Thought I will reuse this thread for my question.

I was in the lab with Kabal and the CPU was using Sonya. I tried the BnB X-ray combo (F3 B2 F4 F3 B2 X-Ray) but the X-Ray didn't hit Sonya. However when I tried this against Cyrax it does hit giving a 40%. Now to confirm I tried with Mileena and it didn't hit. Is this the behavior only with the female characters (excluding Sheeva).

Can someone confirm this behavior?
Are there any other character specific combos?

stamatis

Όσα δε φτάνει η αλεπού. ........
from the begging of the game,for all punishments,i use f32spin,f32down back 2!!!!!!!

SZSR

Noob
Thought I will reuse this thread for my question.

I was in the lab with Kabal and the CPU was using Sonya. I tried the BnB X-ray combo (F3 B2 F4 F3 B2 X-Ray) but the X-Ray didn't hit Sonya. However when I tried this against Cyrax it does hit giving a 40%. Now to confirm I tried with Mileena and it didn't hit. Is this the behavior only with the female characters (excluding Sheeva).

Can someone confirm this behavior?
Are there any other character specific combos?
It's actually been known girl characters (excluding Sheeva) have smaller hitboxes, so try less risky combos and more guaranteed damage. There used to be stance specific combos, and some strings only jail characters with larger hitboxes like Smoke (EX: f4 Jax string works on characters like Smoke but not Kabal, don't quote me on that, I know it's definitely working on Smoke).

It's actually been known girl characters (excluding Sheeva) have smaller hitboxes, so try less risky combos and more guaranteed damage. There used to be stance specific combos, and some strings only jail characters with larger hitboxes like Smoke (EX: f4 Jax string works on characters like Smoke but not Kabal, don't quote me on that, I know it's definitely working on Smoke).
Great info. Always something to learn. Thanks.

Damn, I have no idea how some people do these NDC to strings up close, and then more NDC mid combo.

I can do a NDC no prob maybe once or twice but connecting anything after is the problem and man oh man how NDC hurt my hands. I must have carpal tunnel or something =( any more tips that haven't been stated in the thread?

Thanks for all the tips in this thread though =D

Sage Leviathan

I'm platinum mad!
Does a Kabal need to dash cancel to achieve victory?
I mean, UP CLOSE. Full screen cancels or Nomad~special move is fine. But would a Kabal be just as efficient if he didnt dash cancel when in someones face?

Does a Kabal need to dash cancel to achieve victory?
I mean, UP CLOSE. Full screen cancels or Nomad~special move is fine. But would a Kabal be just as efficient if he didnt dash cancel when in someones face?
I am also wondering the same thing. Against average/below average players it is fairly easy to catch them with iAGB->NMD and just go from there, but the people who are really good I can't do much against them because I also have a hard time doing NDC up close and cancelling it before I hit the locking opponent leaving me wide open.

Sage Leviathan

I'm platinum mad!
I am also wondering the same thing. Against average/below average players it is fairly easy to catch them with iAGB->NMD and just go from there, but the people who are really good I can't do much against them because I also have a hard time doing NDC up close and cancelling it before I hit the locking opponent leaving me wide open.
I dont play as Kabal, im just curious :p
Because hed still be an astonishing fighter without it (i believe, anyway), but you build so much meter doing the NDC up close.
I myself cannot perform it successfully in sequence.

Saltea Moonspell

On a entry level Kabal can win without NDC, however in order to win fights in advance level that might be a little bit difficult as Kabal has low dmg output and high dmg scaling after ND. Winning with Kabal means you have to chip your opponent down and punish his mistakes at higher level. This is how i see it. I wont be able to finish off good player only with IAGB or count for jip to apply combo that will finish him of.
And one more thing:
Many char in the game build meter as fast as kabal if not faster on blacked opponent.

Saltea Moonspell

First thing:

After b121 you never apply jk~agb!!, this combination is inconsistent. If you really wanna shot gas blast, then do it with punch.

s_paulik87
NDC mixups in general requires a lot of practice. The thing is that some people have better manual and others have worse. In order to get them right you need to be precise, and i mean in order not to end up on someones block. many of us spent lots of hours in practice and still from time to time we perform errors that leads to free combo ;-( So you gotta try to stay and practice in the lab. The only shortcut to this could be a hitbox that eliminate human imput error.

AC1984

Kaballin!
JK into fire Ball after B121 is easy as long as you learn it...the Jp version is a lot less damage....

First thing:

After b121 you never apply jk~agb!!, this combination is inconsistent. If you really wanna shot gas blast, then do it with punch.

s_paulik87
NDC mixups in general requires a lot of practice. The thing is that some people have better manual and others have worse. In order to get them right you need to be precise, and i mean in order not to end up on someones block. many of us spent lots of hours in practice and still from time to time we perform errors that leads to free combo ;-( So you gotta try to stay and practice in the lab. The only shortcut to this could be a hitbox that eliminate human imput error.

Well then....I guess this gives me a reason to pull my hitbox out from the couch and actually use it then huh? xD

Also, Is using the analog easier to do NDC? eg: down 4 ndc is like a sweep motion of down back and forward.

I found this glitch the other day while playing a Kabal vs Freddy match. I was playing Kabal and threw a wake up ex low saw as Freddy's ground claw was about to hit me (similar to kenshi and nightwolfs reflect) and it reflected the ground claw followed by my saws. I also reflected the ground claw with standing regular low saws from anywhere on the screen. From what I've seen it only works against Freddy and doesn't work against Kung laos low hat. I will post a video once I can get a sparring partner online.

Let me know what you guys think. Discuss!