What's new

JOP vs REO EVO BS put to rest

CptXecution

Brain Dead Bro
It was literally the beginning of the fucking round. How could anyone claim with any measure of certainty that one Superman (regardless of whether it would have actually put him in the corner), which would have done 10% at a time where both players have full health, would have won the match? Good grief...

And I don't mind the fact that some competitive gamers don't like MK. If JOP doesn't like it, then by all means. Personal preferences are to be respected. But LBSH, the game right now, despite its flaws (that still exist), has evolved so much that I don't see how JOP, or any other player who quit playing it after EVO 2011 could criticize it like they know what they're talking about.
Believe it or not, how the game has evolved, JOP was closest thing to playing it the right way. EVO 2011 was one of the first times we saw a d1 anti crossover anti air consistently done as well as using down pokes to start pressure. JOP was VERY good and doesn't get enough credit because he cries about the game and quit.

I give JOP credit for how well he played the game, especially for it's time. I don't give credit to him for crying about the game when he's dealing with the same bugs we all are. It's a damn shame we lost a top player like him but it's for the better.

My buddy brady, i really hated that podcast, those guys in there are full of shit, people can't complaint about low hitbox, some characters really need it or they have any flaws and hitboxes enhance their defense, mileena doesnt have good normals or or anti air moves for crossups, her faster startup is like 13 frames, lowering her hit boss is a defense mechanism to avoid being raped by crossups, maaaannn, a d4 only does like 3% dmg, why cant people adapt and do jumping kicks to make the players respect their cross ups? that Jop and eddie piston and the rest are full of shit and just suck for real, many good players who think they are the best shit in this world quit games because they cant take a loss and put all the blame on the game, piece of shit, don't make me laugh, obviously on that video mileena hit raiden hurt box and thats why supermant didnt get hit by the kick cause he was armored, superman wasn't supposed to hit from the back , it happens with jax and many others, raiden doesn't hit with superman from the back, thats is so noticeable, wtf with these salty losers nowadays? people like these are the ones bringing this game down, Why the fuck can't they just adapt, pick, other characters, whatever? I found out about this podcast yesterday night and it really pissed me off how these salty losers come to talk shit that makes no sense, i hadn't post in a long time, i'm trying to stay away from tym for a little but this is reality guys, instead of quitting try to level up and become stronger dont follow the path of these guys saying that they outplay people and lose to the game, Brady stay away from those 2 before you get corrupted buddy
pig blows up cross ups with that roll...

coolwhip

Noob
Believe it or not, how the game has evolved, JOP was closest thing to playing it the right way. EVO 2011 was one of the first times we saw a d1 anti crossover anti air consistently done as well as using down pokes to start pressure. JOP was VERY good and doesn't get enough credit because he cries about the game and quit.

I give JOP credit for how well he played the game, especially for it's time. I don't give credit to him for crying about the game when he's dealing with the same bugs we all are. It's a damn shame we lost a top player like him but it's for the better.
I never took anything away from JOP's ability. Just his crying about the game.

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
People who don't even understand the game shouldn't bitch about it.

When a move connects on an opponent during armor or wakeup attack during the invincibility frames, it acts like it was blocked.

Mileena's jump kick hit Raiden during the armor and her kick acted like it was blocked leaving her in the air for a bit while Raiden whiffed the superman under her.

This is basic knowledge of MK9... learn your game before you bitch about it.

I'd be pissed too REO.

Maxter

Noob

CD, CD Jr and I were doing D1's anti airs way long before EVO, you can see on the very first vsm streams videos when we started going, CD Bros evolved the poking game here, we were the only ones who didn't complaint about a down 4 or d1 when everyone was crying cause didn't know how to poke fight and shit.
JOP hasn't helped this community with anything, he his a piece of shit salty loser dawg, his cage and raiden suck, if he goes to dallas he will get blown up. hate hate hate hate hate!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, lmfao at he was outplaying reo, Reo beat him with 2 bad matchups for mileena, and raiden was still pretty good and hadn't got nerfed yet =(

CD, CD Jr and I were doing D1's anti airs way long before EVO, you can see on the very first vsm streams videos when we started going, CD Bros evolved the poking game here, we were the only ones who didn't complaint about a down 4 or d1 when everyone was crying cause didn't know how to poke fight and shit.
JOP hasn't helped this community with anything, he his a piece of shit salty loser dawg, his cage and raiden suck, if he goes to dallas he will get blown up. hate hate hate hate hate!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, lmfao at he was outplaying reo, Reo beat him with 2 bad matchups for mileena, and raiden was still pretty good and hadn't got nerfed yet =(
I already used kung lao's spin back then against crossups and jumpkicks as well which is even better than d1, does that mean im good?

GrandMasterson

The Netherrealm beckons
I used to get really salty at MK9 haters, especially before the game came out. I would defend the game tooth and nail.

Now after MK9 has been in 2 Evos, an entire MLG season, countless regional and major tournaments with more on the way, winning numerous awards, and selling 3+ million copies, I just shrug it off. The results speak for themselves.

They're just going to have to deal with MK being around for a long time to come, and that's so much sweeter than proving them wrong in any silly internet argument.

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
People who don't even understand the game shouldn't bitch about it.

When a move connects on an opponent during armor or wakeup attack during the invincibility frames, it acts like it was blocked.

Mileena's jump kick hit Raiden during the armor and her kick acted like it was blocked leaving her in the air for a bit while Raiden whiffed the superman under her.

This is basic knowledge of MK9... learn your game before you bitch about it.

I'd be pissed too REO.
Not necessarily acting like it was blocked b/c they still take damage, they just plow through your move.

Flagg

Noob
MK 9 has a lot wrong with it. There is a lot of whacky and often unfair stuff in this game. Yet it's still not without it's charm. I still think it's the nicest looking fighter out there currently, it has the best meter system, it has the best character design and it has the best community in my opinion. The stages are quality as well.

Think of MK 9 as something of a sandbox game. I really think they will take the best elements from MK 9 when it comes to MK 10. I would like to see Mk 10 as roided up version of MK 9. I really, REALLY dont want them to go back to 3D environments again. That's what killed the series last time.

GrandMasterson

The Netherrealm beckons
I am well aware of MK9's problems beyond mere programming errors, and I don't ignore them. My point was that I simply have no reason to listen to people who just trash the game anymore because I've heard it all a thousand times. What's the point?