What's new

General/Other - Jax Jax General Discussion

Poser Paul

#1 Unbreakable
Play a legit sub zero and you will hate hw for the mu. Pu is best bet but still play a good sub and you will hate the matchup
Play a legit sub zero and you will hate hw for the mu. Pu is best bet but still play a good sub and you will hate the matchup
I have played a fair amount of noob-legit subs. I still don't think it's as hard as everyone thinks it is. I feel Liu kang and kano are harder

Osagri

Fear the blade of Osh-Tekk
He beats Kotal 7-3 imo in heavy weapons. 6-4 in pumped and wrestler.
I rly don't think its that much for jax. At least wrestler or pumped up. U can parry every wave he throws for little dmg buff and its very risky to throw UB coz kotals ji1 has crazy range. i6 d1 and d4 gets u away from pressure nicely I u know what ur doing. War god is different thing coz he has no parry. But stil I dont see hw winning kotal never 7-3

Undergroundepict

I am like the blue rose
I have played a fair amount of noob-legit subs. I still don't think it's as hard as everyone thinks it is. I feel Liu kang and kano are harder
I don't have too many problems with Kano, but I agree completely about Sub and Kang. Jax has more than enough armor to deal with Sub's Ice Clone, and GP and Air GP destroy it in PU.

Liu Kang is a nightmare. I also find Johnny Cage to be excessively difficult, when in capable hands.

GOOD DRAGON

Awesometacular
I don't have too many problems with Kano, but I agree completely about Sub and Kang. Jax has more than enough armor to deal with Sub's Ice Clone, and GP and Air GP destroy it in PU.

Liu Kang is a nightmare. I also find Johnny Cage to be excessively difficult, when in capable hands.
Grandmaster is actually jax's worst match up.
Shinnok is a real problem for jax because getting in is difficult and jax cant trade projectiles with shinnok.
Cassie could be a contender as a bad match up for jax mainly due to hurtbox, whiffing f2's and 6frame special.
Johnny cage is a 5/5 matchup.
PU jax ex gotcha can punish tanya's rackas cuz its 7frame start up so not really that bad a matchup maybe 5/5 (debatable).

Anyone else i just think you need to learn the match up. I'm not even sure that kung lau and lui kang are bad match ups per say but compared to those characters jax players will need to work hard and be on point to punish everything and play the mind game. 2 mistakes infront of jax if punished correctly is 40% damage per mistake thats 80% add in 2 grabs somewhere and gg.

Poser Paul

#1 Unbreakable
Grandmaster is actually jax's worst match up.
Shinnok is a real problem for jax because getting in is difficult and jax cant trade projectiles with shinnok.
Cassie could be a contender as a bad match up for jax mainly due to hurtbox, whiffing f2's and 6frame special.
Johnny cage is a 5/5 matchup.
PU jax ex gotcha can punish tanya's rackas cuz its 7frame start up so not really that bad a matchup maybe 5/5 (debatable).

Anyone else i just think you need to learn the match up. I'm not even sure that kung lau and lui kang are bad match ups per say but compared to those characters jax players will need to work hard and be on point to punish everything and play the mind game. 2 mistakes infront of jax if punished correctly is 40% damage per mistake thats 80% add in 2 grabs somewhere and gg.
If anything, it's a 6-4 in gms favor but definitely not his worst match up

GOOD DRAGON

Awesometacular
If anything, it's a 6-4 in gms favor but definitely not his worst match up
You'd be surprised when you play a good Grandmaster.
If sub has you in the corner what are you gonna do? armour?- oh wait you can't armour because he has an ice clone out and he can just throw out a normal in addition to the ice clone that beats the armour.
Ok so you block and try and punish his mixups which are no longer 50/50 when he has you in the corner as he can grab you into the clone. So his overhead becomes safe because he can throw it out and still be behind the clone.
You literally can't jump at him as an iceclone or standing 1 will be sufficient in anti airing. You also can't just roll up to his face all guns blazing because d4 iceclone.
So you decide to try and throw out some projectiles ey ha silly you he just ex iceballed that shit and now he can stroll in from full screen to do some damage and hide behind an iceclone again.

Undergroundepict

I am like the blue rose
If sub has you in the corner what are you gonna do? armour?- oh wait you can't armour because he has an ice clone out and he can just throw out a normal in addition to the ice clone that beats the armour.
Ok so you block and try and punish his mixups which are no longer 50/50 when he has you in the corner as he can grab you into the clone. So his overhead becomes safe because he can throw it out and still be behind the clone.
You literally can't jump at him as an iceclone or standing 1 will be sufficient in anti airing. You also can't just roll up to his face all guns blazing because d4 iceclone.
So you decide to try and throw out some projectiles ey ha silly you he just ex iceballed that shit and now he can stroll in from full screen to do some damage and hide behind an iceclone again.

The match doesn't start with you in the corner. Everybody has that problem against GM, not just Jax.

I've played some pretty good Grandmasters. The level of competition is not an issue for me.

GOOD DRAGON

Awesometacular
The match doesn't start with you in the corner. Everybody has that problem against GM, not just Jax.

I've played some pretty good Grandmasters. The level of competition is not an issue for me.
Lol so reading isn't your strong point ey- my first sentence was "if sub has you in the corner" key word being "if" so your statement about the match doesnt start in the corner is invalid. So if you didn't get the fact that it was an example of a situation and the options available then i really don't wanna waste my time going into detail.
That's his worst match up ask any good jax player. You've played some pretty good grandmasters you say - well if your not losing that match then they obviously aren't that good or don't know the match up. And did you just say everyone has that problem? lol really? hmm im pretty sure teleporting characters don't and im pretty sure takedas tornado also gets him out without touching the iceclone so now im not even sure you know what your talking about.

Undergroundepict

I am like the blue rose
Lol so reading isn't your strong point ey- my first sentence was "if sub has you in the corner" key word being "if" so your statement about the match doesnt start in the corner is invalid. So if you didn't get the fact that it was an example of a situation and the options available then i really don't wanna waste my time going into detail.
That's his worst match up ask any good jax player. You've played some pretty good grandmasters you say - well if your not losing that match then they obviously aren't that good or don't know the match up. And did you just say everyone has that problem? lol really? hmm im pretty sure teleporting characters don't and im pretty sure takedas tornado also gets him out without touching the iceclone so now im not even sure you know what your talking about.
Your rationale for why the matchup is not in Jax's favor began and ended with what happens when GM has Jax in the corner, hence my comment.

There are plenty of damn good Jax players here who are disputing the claim that GM is Jax's worst matchup. Unless, of course, you believe everyone here sucks ass at Jax. Which you have implied several times in your posts.

"Everybody" was intended as hyperbole. Goro has punchwalk. Characters occasionally have tools to help them out of ice clone situations. It doesn't change the fact that at least 3/4 of the the cast is fucked when GM gets them in the corner. Hence, this isn't a problem exclusive to Jax. And yet, GM remains mid tier.

I would like it if we could continue this discussion in a more polite and respectful manner. The conversation will soon get out of hand and unproductive if it continues in the direction it is currently headed.

GOOD DRAGON

Awesometacular
Your rationale for why the matchup is not in Jax's favor began and ended with what happens when GM has Jax in the corner, hence my comment.
Yup and my tone changed after your response which IMO wasn't too polite and was full of assumptions. I am not implying that every jax player here is a scrub lol never did. I just know from experience that a lot of tymers don't actually know what they are talking about. Also grandmaster is deff not mid tier, he is with 100% certainty above that.
But i digress, lets go back to the helpful briggs brotherhood attitude. :cool:
Why don't we carry on discussing who we think is jax's worst match up or who people struggle with the most.
In my opinion its GM sub followed by shinnok.

Last edited:

GOOD DRAGON

Awesometacular
But lets separate fact from fiction - for example someone might say they think takeda or jason is a bad match up for jax because they personally struggle with that match up. That is completely different to "this character is actually a bad match up in general no matter the player"
perhaps if you personally think you struggle with a certain match up but other jax player might not we should highlight that fact so everyone is clear.

PLAY FOR KEEPSIES

No backsies
And did you just say everyone has that problem? lol really? hmm im pretty sure teleporting characters don't
subs corner game against Scorpion gets him caught in the clone everytime he tries to TP

YOU ARE right some characters do have a real easy option to get out, however these are the minority, and generally the bad match ups for sub. Just cause Jax has the same corner game MOST everyone else has is no explanation for how this is a bad match up, and it's the only real explanation u had given at the time

same for almost everyone
Ok so you block and try and punish his mixups which are no longer 50/50 when he has you in the corner as he can grab you into the clone.
same for absolutely everyone
So his overhead becomes safe because he can throw it out and still be behind the clone.
thats simply not true, if you block the overhead you can punish it with ex Dash into combo. This is an advantage Jax has that other characters don't, some can't punish at all, even fewer into combo, and almost none if any for the damage that Jax can get here
You literally can't jump at him as an iceclone or standing 1 will be sufficient in anti airing.
same for everyone except Lao and Kotal, and only at situational ranges
You also can't just roll up to his face all guns blazing because d4 iceclone.
Same for everyone except DVorah Kung Jin and Takeda, also known as his losing match ups
Once again this applies to almost everyone, but regardless I mean, he can only do this on a hard read, no reaction... If reads like this can be used to determine a bad MU, why aren't you doing the same? If you read ex Iceball you can armor through it into combo, hell why aren't you making reads like this and armor through the D4 clone checks you claim wreck you? Sub gets under 25% off a ex Iceball read, what's the numbers on ex OHDP opener again? Sounds like u are just bein outplayed

So why again is this match up so specifically bad for Jax, all you've done for the is describe generic GM play, SOME of which Jax deals with even better than the rest of the cast
You've played some pretty good grandmasters you say - well if your not losing that match then they obviously aren't that good or don't know the match up.
An equally logical alternative to the conclusion you've come to, is that your Jax simply isn't as good as his or YOU don't know the match up. In fact going off ur posts I'd say it's the more logical conclusion

Last edited:

GOOD DRAGON

Awesometacular
subs corner game against Scorpion gets him caught in the clone everytime he tries to TP
I gave an extreme example to show that jax's options are limited in that situation. But if i just said its bad because jax can't get in, it would have been boring. Your right you can overhead dp his overhead even if he hides behind a clone i completely didn't think of that even tho i do it but that is COMPLETELY dependant on having meter in the first place.

Dude are you joking? anyone can ex iceball a rocket full screen on reaction, who the hell does it on a read?
I am also giving general examples not specifically to do with me so safe to say your making assumptions by thinking im being outplayed- the only subzero's i have lost to consistently are C88swift and Madzin ~(who btw is the best grandmaster in mkx right now) when you have played him and won consistently then i might actually believe you know something i don't.

Not trying to brag or anything but my jax is not bad - i have bad tendencies that get me killed sometimes but apart from that i will go toe to toe with any jax player in the world with a relatively high amount of confidence that i will do well.

But you aren't actually being productive - i have given an example mainly all being on the fact he can hide behind iceclones all day. But you haven't given any reasons why it isnt a bad match up- ye he has a couple of options in set situations but so do other characters. Why don't you let us know who you think is his worst match up and why?

PLAY FOR KEEPSIES

No backsies
I gave an extreme example to show that jax's options are limited in that situation. But if i just said its bad because jax can't get in, it would have been boring. Your right you can overhead dp his overhead even if he hides behind a clone i completely didn't think of that even tho i do it but that is COMPLETELY dependant on having meter in the first place.
Well I mean, so is armouring. Getting out in the corner with no meter is bad for anyone against anyone. And as far as specifically against Subgoes, there's like a select few characters who can get out of the corner without using meter after blocking an OH. Once again, I fail to see how this is a Jax specific weakness

Dude are you joking? anyone can ex iceball a rocket full screen on reaction, who the hell does it on a read?
25f start up on rocket, 21f start up on ex Iceball. Being EXTREMELY generous and saying you can react and recognise the LAW in 16f, and input your ex Iceball within 2f of that point, that leaves the Law coming out 14f earlier than your Iceball. At full screen it is barely possible, if you were absolutely expecting it, so I guess replace my "hard read" statement with "soft read - situationally".

I am also giving general examples not specifically to do with me so safe to say your making assumptions by thinking im being outplayed- the only subzero's i have lost to consistently are C88swift and Madzin ~(who btw is the best grandmaster in mkx right now) when you have played him and won consistently then i might actually believe you know something i don't.

Not trying to brag or anything but my jax is not bad - i have bad tendencies that get me killed sometimes but apart from that i will go toe to toe with any jax player in the world with a relatively high amount of confidence that i will do well.
chill I'm not saying your a bad player man, nothing personal here at all. I don't know anything about u, just saying that the logic you are using works both ways, and actually works against u if anything, so you should probably step away from that

But you aren't actually being productive - i have given an example mainly all being on the fact he can hide behind iceclones all day. But you haven't given any reasons why it isnt a bad match up- ye he has a couple of options in set situations but so do other characters. Why don't you let us know who you think is his worst match up and why?
I mean I made an extremely productive comment explaining with logic and facts the ways that the argument u are using isn't supporting yur point of view very well. Why is it on me to prove that this is a bad match up? I didn't make any statement either way here, I don't fully have an opinion yet I'm just reading the discussion open to be swayed either way from people who know both characters better than I. I'd say it's on you to support your statements with proper logic, because as it stands the guy with the opposing view is making a lot more sense than you and I'm just pointing out why, all your reasoning as to why Sub is a bad match up applies to almost everybody, some of it doesn't actually apply to Jax. I'm just asking for some logic as to why this is such a bad match up for JAX specifically as YOU claimed, not asking what Subs generic strengths are globally because I already know that and that's basically all Uve given

GOOD DRAGON

Awesometacular
25f start up on rocket, 21f start up on ex Iceball. Being EXTREMELY generous and saying you can react and recognise the LAW in 16f, and input your ex Iceball within 2f of that point, that leaves the Law coming out 14f earlier than your Iceball. At full screen it is barely possible, if you were absolutely expecting it, so I guess replace my "hard read" statement with "soft read - situationally".
So is that the actual frame data for the ex iceball? It doesn't matter if the jax player shoots first the ex iceball absorbs jax's projectiles, i am sure you forgot that simple fact.

No you didn't make any productive comments with facts your just analysing what i said - which is getting us where? (no where)

And i didn't say you should prove to me why its a bad match up i have already given my reasons (jax struggles to get in) it doesn't matter if other characters have the same problem this is THE JAX forum and we are talking about bad match ups FOR jax so reel it in.

What i did say tho is if your going to argue against what i have said - then give your reasons as to why IT ISN'T A BAD MATCH UP for jax. Pretty simple right? So please i am all ears.

Who is this guy you speak of with opposing views? i just went back 2 pages to make sure we are both reading the same thread and 4 people including me said sub was his worst match up and 2 people disagreed - so if you add the numbers if you wanna go with facts....
Also one of the guys who disagreed said takeda was a bad match up which is completely the opposite of what takeda is vs jax so i am not really sure we can count that.

Not only does jax struggle to get in but his down4 makes jax's f2 mid whiff. If you try and uzi his ice clone he can just block and slides for the punish same with rocket. Ground pound isn't even an option because its soo slow he can either throw the ice clone on you before the GP comes out or slide or just jump in for the full combo. Unless your trying to do insta GP with PU- and if there is a clone between you and him and he see's you jump he will jump after the 1st time you do it because its now expected.

Right so instead of giving your input you've made it your job to critique what i have said? lol
Do you even play jax?

PLAY FOR KEEPSIES

No backsies
So is that the actual frame data for the ex iceball? It doesn't matter if the jax player shoots first the ex iceball absorbs jax's projectiles, i am sure you forgot that simple fact.
I didn't forget that at all. I'll explain againThe frame data for exIceball on start up is 21f, hence if you react and recognise the LAW within 16f and input yur special ex special within 2 frames of that point, that leaves 7f on the rocket, thus 14f before the Iceball comes out to absorb it. Take just a second to read and u will understand this time.

No you didn't make any productive comments with facts your just analysing what i said - which is getting us where? (no where)
Actually removing misinformation from the equation is extremely productive towards reaching a conclusion. I'm also analysing both yours and his statements as im a neutral reader without a definitive opinion here, however only one of you is making no sense, so I'm asking you to explain how your statements are applicable to Jax and not everyone, or give further logic, and you haven't been able to do either

And i didn't say you should prove to me why its a bad match up i have already given my reasons (jax struggles to get in) it doesn't matter if other characters have the same problem this is THE JAX forum and we are talking about bad match ups FOR jax so reel it in.
I mean, your reason that Jax struggles to get in because of D4 clone, and absolutely everythi else you had given, is literally applicable to practically every character in the game besides 3 or 4. Are you saying everyone has bad match ups against GM? The character is balanced around defensive play hence why his highest damage combo in the neutral is like 30% for a bar

What i did say tho is if your going to argue against what i have said - then give your reasons as to why IT ISN'T A BAD MATCH UP for jax. Pretty simple right? So please i am all ears.
This logic is so fucking bad. You are saying its a bad match up because of A,B&C. I am not of the opinion that it's a good or a bad match up, but I notice that AB&C are massively flawed / flatly incorrect statements, so what I'm responsei with is " I don't disagree with your overall statement (you might possibly be right), but the logic you are using does nothin to support ur argument and if anything actually hurts your perspective". Stop bein so mad, if y are so certain and convinced of this Bri a bad match up for Jax specifically more so than the entire cast, than u culd surely provide something other than statements about subs play universally

Who is this guy you speak of with opposing views? i just went back 2 pages to make sure we are both reading the same thread and 4 people including me said sub was his worst match up and 2 people disagreed - so if you add the numbers if you wanna go with facts....
Read to me like @Undergroundepict disagreed with u and had some pretty valid logic Opposing , but whatever. Strengths in numbers without supporting logic trumps that I guess

Last edited:

GOOD DRAGON

Awesometacular
I didn't forget that at all. I'll explain againThe frame data for exIceball on start up is 21f, hence if you react and recognise the LAW within 16f and input yur special ex special within 2 frames of that point, that leaves 7f on the rocket, thus 14f before the Iceball comes out to absorb it. Take just a second to read and u will understand this time.

Actually removing misinformation from the equation is extremely productive towards reaching a conclusion. I'm also analysing both yours and his statements as im a neutral reader without a definitive opinion here, however only one of you is making no sense, so I'm asking you to explain how your statements are applicable to Jax and not everyone, or give further logic, and you haven't been able to do either

I mean, your reason that Jax struggles to get in because of D4 clone, and absolutely everythi else you had given, is literally applicable to practically every character in the game besides 3 or 4. Are you saying everyone has bad match ups against GM? The character is balanced around defensive play hence why his highest damage combo in the neutral is like 30% for a bar

This logic is so fucking bad. You are saying its a bad match up because of A,B&C. I am not of the opinion that it's a good or a bad match up, but I notice that AB&C are massively flawed / flatly incorrect statements, so what I'm responsei with is " I don't disagree with your overall statement (you might possibly be right), but the logic you are using does nothin to support ur argument and if anything actually hurts your perspective". Stop bein so mad, if y are so certain and convinced of this Bri a bad match up for Jax specifically more so than the entire cast, than u culd surely provide something other than statements about subs play universally

Read to me like @Undergroundepict disagreed with u and had some pretty valid logic Opposing , but whatever. Strengths in numbers without supporting logic trumps that I guess. Ur definitely not salty.

Oh i deff know your trolling now. hahaha yes dude carry on please. I can't believe you actually got me to respond back to you lol good one. We have gained nothing from your responses. Your not helping get to a conclusion of any sort. You completely ignored the fact i said this is a jax forum and we are talking about jax's worst match up- it doesnt matter and i don't care about if it affects other characters i am mentioning things that affect jax.

Underground said 1 sentence which was - " Jax has more than enough armor to deal with Sub's Ice Clone, and GP and Air GP destroy it in PU."
I explained why all of those don't work in my previous posts but your obviously just nitpicking and trolling lol. So no the person with the opposing view is not making more sense. Safe to say you actually don't know what your talking about.

All i need to say is jax cant get in an sub controls the neutral game, that should be sufficient for anyone but you want quantum mechanical calculations on why its a bad match up. Your mind is cloudy if your actually not trolling. I have been as clear as day if you don't understand where i am coming from then goodluck to you.
But i am not sitting here for 1 more minute to argue semantics with someone who doesn't even understand my responses or the characters.

Kingshootahz

Ain't nobody trilla than shootah.
alright i got the xbox section going, now i need to round up the xbox jaxes and their variations and i need to get a streamer