What's new

General/Other - Jax Jax General Discussion

Undeadjim

Green Lantern Corps.
Am I the only one that thinks PU jax shouldn't rely to much on combos and more on constant pressure and otgs
I don't understand what you mean? It is always best to hitconfirm you're stuff into the best combo possible and his pressure is the worst of the variations. His OTG's can be good but only really if you need the extra damage otherwise you're meter is better saved for a AA or a grounded hit.

Poser Paul

#1 Unbreakable
I don't understand what you mean? It is always best to hitconfirm you're stuff into the best combo possible and his pressure is the worst of the variations. His OTG's can be good but only really if you need the extra damage otherwise you're meter is better saved for a AA or a grounded hit.
I can't really explain but the way I play it is by chunks. I prefer to pressure with 11, d1, f21, d3, d4 and so forth and throw out 23 gg, b2 gg and punish with 123 and f3. When in the corner I continue to do the same but with 3f4, b212 and b3 d2 because of the plus frames and space it leaves (I could be wrong about the frames) I prefer to wait until they make a mistake to get full damage instead of trying to force it in. As for the meters, I prefer to use for otgs, for the fact that it's easy free damage. Along with overhead dp in the corner if they try to poke out. A 23 gg does 22% I believe then you can throw out a f3 gg if you feel that they're gonna go for an advancing move or just not block and it will do 20%. That's already pretty much half their health. But I myself wouldn't recommend doing a f3 gg after the restand. It's was just for an example.

Last edited:

Poser Paul

#1 Unbreakable
I can't really explain but the way I play it is by chunks. I prefer to pressure with 11, d1, f21, d3, d4 and so forth and throw out 23 gg, b2 gg and punish with 123 and f3. When in the corner I continue to do the same but with b2,1 and b3 d2 because of the plus frames and space it leaves (I could be wrong about the frames) I prefer to wait until they make a mistake to get full damage instead of trying to force it in. As for the meters, I prefer to use for otgs, for the fact that it's easy free damage. Along with overhead dp in the corner if they try to poke out. A 23 gg does 22% I believe then you can throw out a f3 gg if you feel that they're gonna go for an advancing move or just not block and it will do 20%. That's already pretty much half their health. But I myself wouldn't recommend doing a f3 gg after the restand. It's was just for an example.
I really do hope this Makes sense and is clear lmao

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Administrator
Premium Supporter
It's been a few months since I've picked up the games. What's the current consensus on Jax's worst matchups?

Poser Paul

#1 Unbreakable
But blood god is free knockdown city, and SR takeda can't handle pressure and folds if you close the space
Kotal may be knockdown city but it doesn't mean a thing if he has his obsidian totem up all the time plus the sun light just makes it more annoying. As for SR, it's just hard to do anything, let along get in.

Kingshootahz

Ain't nobody trilla than shootah.
Kotal may be knockdown city but it doesn't mean a thing if he has his obsidian totem up all the time plus the sun light just makes it more annoying. As for SR, it's just hard to do anything, let along get in.
Yea obsidan is annoying but then again if he's pulling out obsidan the whole time then that means he's on the defensive and that means your doing something right as for takeda unless he has meter he's pretty much a sitting duck what I've found for takes a is to just Bait his gimmicks and SR is space control not zoning so a couple of low knives from full screen won't win the match it will force him to come to you.

Osagri

Fear the blade of Osh-Tekk
Yea obsidan is annoying but then again if he's pulling out obsidan the whole time then that means he's on the defensive and that means your doing something right as for takeda unless he has meter he's pretty much a sitting duck what I've found for takes a is to just Bait his gimmicks and SR is space control not zoning so a couple of low knives from full screen won't win the match it will force him to come to you.
I think when kotal has obsidian toten up he can go pretty fucking offensive coz its a LOWRISK/HIGHREWARD, he touches u, it's 30-40%+ u touch him its 8-25% tops. Well that's how I play with kotal anyway. It's not just defensive tool

RoboCop

Administrator
Premium Supporter
I would think Kotal would have a hard time approaching HW or PU Jax. Is that not the case?

Kingshootahz

Ain't nobody trilla than shootah.
I think when kotal has obsidian toten up he can go pretty fucking offensive coz its a LOWRISK/HIGHREWARD, he touches u, it's 30-40%+ u touch him its 8-25% tops. Well that's how I play with kotal anyway. It's not just defensive tool
How plus is kotal after using a totem in a string

RoboCop

Administrator
Premium Supporter
Grandmaster ugh...
b3~MB.db1 beats all of Sub's wakeups. It trades with mb slide, leaving Jax at around +6-8. I think PU/GM is no worse than 4/6. That's after having played @Tom Brady's pre-patch GM in a number of extended sets. Though again, I haven't played since before Tremor was released, so no idea if that would have changed for better or for worse since then. Here's a link to my guide on the MU.