What's new

General/Other - Jax Jax General Discussion

Reauxbot

You think you bad? You aint bad.
What the hell. Most over heads are usually slow. A lot of the cast has unsafe strings or gappy ones. Lol. Jax doesnt have it any worse than anyone else in the game. Having your special blocked by anyone in the game and you get murked. Jax doesnt have it any worse. Hes very solid with all that in mind. Im not understanding whats to complain about when a lot of the cast has it worse or just as bad. Be glad you have a proctile safe.. Lemme shot a pistol with Cassie or Scorpion. See how far that gets me. Lol.
And as far as the midscreen combos. online just use his knee dash into superman punch. Its consistant and simple. As a Cassie player its just as bad.
Whats the problem with Jax again...?

Northern Slasher

Heads or Tails X
The problem is he isn't easy to pick up and people are getting frustrated. And I'd be seriously impressed if you could make Scorpion shoot a pistol.

Reauxbot

You think you bad? You aint bad.
The problem is he isn't easy to pick up and people are getting frustrated. And I'd be seriously impressed if you could make Scorpion shoot a pistol.
You know what i meant
:DOGE
Projectile. My fault.
I did try taking him online to test the waters. Didnt really realize hes a bit slow. But i play Cassie so its different.
Had to go right back to practice.
His f21:rPower Shot isnt really a string is it? Somehow i got jabbed through :/

Voodoo

Smack it up, flip it and rub it down.
You know what i meant
:DOGE
Projectile. My fault.
I did try taking him online to test the waters. Didnt really realize hes a bit slow. But i play Cassie so its different.
Had to go right back to practice.
His f21:rPower Shot isnt really a string is it? Somehow i got jabbed through :/
Yeah, they can poke out. If they start doing that just hit him with the ov dash punch.

Bender

Product Manager. xBone tag: I3end3r.
So I recently learned that you can f3 into dashpunch after ex overhead daspunch instead of the average bnb.
yep. if you are quick enough you can actually run cancel right after the mb overhead into a f21, 11, f21 xxx dash punch. once I can get this online I will be so happy XD.

Bender

I found a new corner combo I lam starting to mess around with (Heavy Weapons). 123 xx rocket cancel, 123 xxx overhead, 11 xxx MB up machine pistols (these probably aren't the right names for the specials, but you know what I mean). It's only 30 % but is a standing reset and allows max to continue pressure

HateMe!

Noob
Ok, but when you block after your own blockstring in anticipation of an armored move vs. any other pressure character, they can just notice that and start their own pressure. And to get decent midscreen damage you have to commit 1 bar AND the risk of getting punished. Sounds pretty shitty compared to other characters who can just do a safe string and confirm it into a full combo without meter.

I'm sticking to Jax anyway, he's better than in MK9; but I think it's gonna be really hard when people learn how to play against him.

Northern Slasher

Heads or Tails X
Well to be fair, Jax gets the same meterless damage midscreen as Grandmaster Sub-Zero, and Jax gets more using a meter. On block, incorporate DB2 after your block strings to mix things up. Mix in grabs as well... I honestly have 0 zero problems midscreen anymore... The blast is like +8 on block or something and you can continue your pressure right after. I've literally F21 xx DB2'd people into corners over and over and over and over and unless they have an armored move I do it for free (at least online). Just be cautious of there meter and armored moves.

Bender

Btw jax is top 15. Not top 10. 10 chats above him. Jin. Quan. Eb. Raiden. Cassie. Sub. Sonya. Ermac. Scorpion. Future dlc will be hella good. Come on lol top 5 lmao
I really don't think we know enough about the game yet. The only 3 characters I thought were absolutely top 5 just got nerfed. So it's pretty hard to say where Jax falls, but I think he's def in my top 10.
Well to be fair, Jax gets the same meterless damage midscreen as Grandmaster Sub-Zero, and Jax gets more using a meter. On block, incorporate DB2 after your block strings to mix things up. Mix in grabs as well... I honestly have 0 zero problems midscreen anymore... The blast is like +8 on block or something and you can continue your pressure right after. I've literally F21 xx DB2'd people into corners over and over and over and over and unless they have an armored move I do it for free (at least online). Just be cautious of there meter and armored moves.
Lol, why don't they just poke before the db2 hits?

Northern Slasher

Heads or Tails X
I really don't think we know enough about the game yet. The only 3 characters I thought were absolutely top 5 just got nerfed. So it's pretty hard to say where Jax falls, but I think he's def in my top 10.

Lol, why don't they just poke before the db2 hits?
Don't know but shh ;)

-3 gotcha grab is soo strong with hes 5 frames jab can just keep the pressure since the enemy is only +2 against kenshi or takeda = GG or armor. I only use pumped up for standing resets in the corner

chrisofrays

Fish can hear you thinkin just before you sneeze
Id really like for them to give him the ground pound cancels from MK9. Would you guys be happy if they made his run cancel combos a little easier? Or do you like that hes a harder character to use when it comes to misscreen combos?

Id really like for them to give him the ground pound cancels from MK9. Would you guys be happy if they made his run cancel combos a little easier? Or do you like that hes a harder character to use when it comes to misscreen combos?
If he had the ground pound cancel he would be top 3 without a doubt, But he could only have it in wrestler and heavy weapons. The midscreen combos have a very strict timing its wierd other chars get 30-40% easly but jax has too work for hes 35-38% and online u'll drop it alot of the time cuz of the strict. So yeah they should make it alil bit easier but not noob friendly easy like kung jin.

What pokes are you guys using with jax? I feel like I am getting out poked with his t rex arms.
D1 , D3 and D4 : D3 (8 frames) has a short range AND it is neutral on block so u can safely throw it out point blank And mix it with D1 is 6 frames . D4 on the other hand has great range and his also 8 frames. I like to do D1 ~ D3 ~ D4 mid low low D1 beats most pokes except for 5 frames pokers like Kotal kahn or Ferra torr ( lackey ).

How do Pumped Up and Wrestler compare? What are their pros and cons?
Wrestler his hes best Pressure variation, cuz he has the 7+ on block energy wave + a Command grab F4 and F3 can both be tick throwed into the command grab but only on block. 12d3 is made for Wrestler cuz it only buffers with the command Grab on hit AND on block. On hit its a resets the Opponent so you do 5% + 14% (18% if u get 3/4 parts of the meterburned grab, getting all four parts just do 1% more damage and u will never get it lol) . HE has also has a Air throw so jump kick+air throw to keep people from trying jimping in.

Heavy Weapons his like what Jax in mk9 wanted to be ^^. He gains a rocket launcher ( instead of his energy waves) and a machine gun for zonning both can be used has anit air. The rocket Launcher Is a pressure tool that can be run canceled for pressure and run cancel combos. It has smilimar properties to the Ground pound from mk9 : u can threaten them to either eat the big chip damage or try to Jump it since its a mid and if they jump you can anti air with it from fullscreen.

Pumped up gives him a fullscreen Ground Pound And a Stronger Gotcha grab But which isnt safe on block. He also gets a Air ground pound . The gotcha grab is really good cuz it does more damage and And leavs the opponent Standing. His Ground Pound is stronger in this variation cuz its Faster ,does more Damage and leavs them standing.

The Only Con's is he can't Combo of the Ground pound anymore and no gotcha Grab Pressure.

Jax doesn't real
ly have any variation specific Cons; hey has the most balanced variations that all work in their own way giving u different opotions for different Matchups.

Last edited:

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Administrator
Premium Supporter
Was f21 always +1 on block, or did Jax get a stealth buff? I thought it was neutral. It also looks to be hitting crouching characters more consistently.

Also, b3d2 still has a cancel advantage listed, but I can't seem to cancel into anything. Is that just incorrect info?

Last edited: