What's new

Combo List - Jax Jax Combo Thread

Osagri

Fear the blade of Osh-Tekk
U cant armour it I have subs wakeup ex slide on. Its not setup heavy imo. And without the reset u get +60% with 2 bars. Its just an option. Not likely u can ever do this without ur opponent breiking but not setup heavy. Its just that u condition ur opponent to block wrong.

SamZ

Noob
With the command grab and that combo, I personally do dbf1b and make sure you do both hits of the grab, so that the opponent winds up back in the corner.

IrishMantis

Most humble shit talker ever!!!
Man i love Crushing armour moves with Jax after Gotcha grab

unless it kills i will never finish a combo in the corner with cmd grab because it has shit all hit adv

EntropicByDesign

It's all so very confusing.
Yeah , I need to practice his damn cmd grab more. I gotta say they made it super nit-picky to utilize properly.

Side note: Jax is a beast. Got some offline sets in which is a rarity for me, and even with my poverty combos and super shaky play, I was doing some good work.

Kingshootahz

Ain't nobody trilla than shootah.
Yeah , I need to practice his damn cmd grab more. I gotta say they made it super nit-picky to utilize properly.

Side note: Jax is a beast. Got some offline sets in which is a rarity for me, and even with my poverty combos and super shaky play, I was doing some good work.
Yea I just got in some offline sets today with a friend of mine with this crazy kitana getting my ass fanned left and right but the command grabs are hype man if I can master Jax and everything I'm going to a tournament fuck that

EntropicByDesign

How up to date is the initial combo page?

Jax seems pretty straight forward with his combos, but is anyone interested in putting together a new comprehensive combo list/thread?

It could be beneficial to new players to see everything he can do laid out with some additions and notations, for example, 'online friendly' combos and beginner versions of some of his stuff. I've learned that I need poverty combos for Jax when I play 'meh' connections. I've also talked to numerous people that say they want/wanted to learn Jax but found him too difficult to get a handle on. I thought that myself until I dug a little deeper and found/figured out easier versions of some of his stuff to practice on until I had a handle on him. Since then I've moved on to his heavier stuff.

I'm just trying to gauge the interest of the Jax community in putting together (or updating) a more comprehensive thread for his combos and general tech (basic stuff like his armor breaks and such).

I *hope* that with kp2 looming we will see an influx of new players, both brand new and returning from having played before and it could be of a benefit to everyone to have our house in order. I made a combo thread for Kotal a bit back if anyone wanted to get an idea of approx what I have in mind.

I'm a bad Jax. I'm below average, I'm just offering up a service/checking the interest in. I wouldnt mind to put something together and have a more knowledgeable member of the Jax community post and maintain it.

Anyway, let me know and if the general consensus is a yes, anyone that wants to contribute hit me up/post here.

God Confirm

We're all from Earthrealm. If not, cool pic brah.
How up to date is the initial combo page?

Jax seems pretty straight forward with his combos, but is anyone interested in putting together a new comprehensive combo list/thread?

It could be beneficial to new players to see everything he can do laid out with some additions and notations, for example, 'online friendly' combos and beginner versions of some of his stuff. I've learned that I need poverty combos for Jax when I play 'meh' connections. I've also talked to numerous people that say they want/wanted to learn Jax but found him too difficult to get a handle on. I thought that myself until I dug a little deeper and found/figured out easier versions of some of his stuff to practice on until I had a handle on him. Since then I've moved on to his heavier stuff.

I'm just trying to gauge the interest of the Jax community in putting together (or updating) a more comprehensive thread for his combos and general tech (basic stuff like his armor breaks and such).

I *hope* that with kp2 looming we will see an influx of new players, both brand new and returning from having played before and it could be of a benefit to everyone to have our house in order. I made a combo thread for Kotal a bit back if anyone wanted to get an idea of approx what I have in mind.

I'm a bad Jax. I'm below average, I'm just offering up a service/checking the interest in. I wouldnt mind to put something together and have a more knowledgeable member of the Jax community post and maintain it.

Anyway, let me know and if the general consensus is a yes, anyone that wants to contribute hit me up/post here.
Jax combo thread is one of the most outdated ones still being used, Id love to see what you got

EntropicByDesign

Jax combo thread is one of the most outdated ones still being used, Id love to see what you got

K, it will take me a few days, I just started a new job but I have a 4 day hiatus between training and actual work (post office is odd) so I'll have time to dig in then hopefully. When I get a chance I'm going to make a post advertising my intentions and see if I can get the community to throw some combos and general.knowledge my way for.inclusion, along with whatever else I can dig up on my own..

God Confirm

We're all from Earthrealm. If not, cool pic brah.
Would be cool if someone checked this out, its 51% for one bar for pumped up pre beta changes, I'd assume it does around 45% to 47% in the beta but still very good damage.
Pumped up can do like 55% iirc for a bar in the corner without throwing them back midscreen as well, so this is nice but probably not all that useful

KanoBaII

Noob
Pumped up can do like 55% iirc for a bar in the corner without throwing them back midscreen as well, so this is nice but probably not all that useful
Could you tell me the combo, because I doubt you could get 55% for one bar off 123 and this could be very useful if your just looking for the kill and they could be coming up on having a breaker available.

Indecisive

We'll burn you all—that is your fate!
Could you tell me the combo, because I doubt you could get 55% for one bar off 123 and this could be very useful if your just looking for the kill and they could be coming up on having a breaker available.
123xOHDPxf21x11xf212x111x EXGroundpount. Its like 42% or 43% + 13%