What's new

Combo List - Jax Jax Combo Thread

VladMkd

Noob
Why is Wrestler better than pumped up? A very average gotcha grab, the worst command grab in the game arguably, the most telegraphed command grab that everyone gets away with cause everyone else is too stupid to just neutral jump or armour, its so ridiculously out of his favour. Even though his ground pound is slightly sped up you can still only combo from medium to close range and that distance you're asking to get punished.

PU gotcha grab is unchanged and can hit 24% if you practice the timing a little which compensates for the overhead dash punch scaling. Learn to insta air ground pound and you can definitely zone many characters out full screen and force them to come to you in which you can start ex gotcha grabbing or catching their run with f21 and 11 or f3. I wouldnt call it a utility variation at all. Wrestler has too many gaps and is still punishable if the guy knows what to look for.

You know that every variation of jax can just Bazooka knee all of the tick throws right?
I'm glad he's got one option in that fight, but if he makes a better read on you ever, you're probably taking %50-60, while you whiff that command grab you thought you had down.

Lol@ clip. Stay based, Jax.

Tweedy

Noob
Getting F21 after overhead dash punch on crouching opponents, is so incredibly dumb that it's kept me from really trying to play Jax.

You get so much less for doing combos without it. The optimals are worth doing but Paulo is a straight beach.

whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

You can do d12 11 11 124 command grab with wrestler, but you're still losing like 5%. So stupid man.

I'm sure you guys know but i'm just venting my frustration. Fix Lord Jax.

Edit: I guess you can do optimals when you land a low or a punish? @RM Indecisive

Indecisive

We'll burn you all—that is your fate!
Getting F21 after overhead dash punch on crouching opponents, is so incredibly dumb that it's kept me from really trying to play Jax.

You get so much less for doing combos without it. The optimals are worth doing but Paulo is a straight beach.

whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

You can do d12 11 11 124 command grab with wrestler, but you're still losing like 5%. So stupid man.

I'm sure you guys know but i'm just venting my frustration. Fix Lord Jax.

Edit: I guess you can do optimals when you land a low or a punish? @RM Indecisive
Yes and no. I get the optimals most of the time mid screen. But im only human. Some times i fuck up. I think Im 90% mid screen. For corner optimal i will change it if i feel they are too low and do a fallback combo instead. raw OH dash punch on a crouching opponent is much harder than f21 ex oh dash punch on a crouching opponent. Its also sometimes better cause if the last hit of f212 2+4 wiffs you are more plus than if you hit with the 2+4 lol

Last edited:
how much damage does now those corner combos ?

in HW 1,2,3 ddp f2,1 1,1 f2,1,2 1,2,4 ex gothca 1,2,4 gotcha
in wrestler 1,2,3 ddp f2,1 1,1 f2,1,2 1,2,4 ex gothca 1,2,4 command grab
in PU 1,2,3 ddp f2,1 1,1 f2,1,2 1,2,4 ex gothca

Last edited: