What's new

General/Other - Jason Voorhees Jason Voorhees Pre-Release General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Montanx

Thats why they call this thing bloodsport, kid.
All that matters is how close the shave is when scorpion cuts Jason's face off. Will it be flush with the mask or will there be a few inches of flesh? My OCD needs to know!

Khaoz77

Don't run, you're gonna trip...
Instant main. Like, no question about it. I think the greatest thing is seeing my mom's reaction to me playing her number one favorite horror villian ever (I got my love for everything horror through my mom, shes an OG horror fan). Bring out the body bags!

Khaoz77

Don't run, you're gonna trip...
Variation 1: Immovable = A hybrid Grappler/Counter character. He is all about being intimidating and capitalizing on the opponent's mistakes. Neutralizes blind offense with a parry and can dish out tons of damage with high priority throws.

Variation 2: Resurrection = This Jason is... different. He is given special powers from Hell, which includes a fireball and a teleport. When he is knocked down with full meter, he gets right back up with 20% health and an itch to return the favor.

Variation 3: Savage = Weapons, weapons, and more weapons. Jason goes back to basics and wields the many weapons that have contributed to his body count. A pitchfork, his signature machete, a common kitchen knife, an axe, or anything the environment grants him.

Last edited:

VenomX-90

"On your Knees!"
Given that they are adding Jason, I hope NRS makes a Terrordome game in the future. I mean their main game is MK and the other is IGAU, that only two game franchises NRS has made. I mean they have the capabality of making a Terrordome game.

wyruzzah

Noob
Guys do you think that Jason gets alternative costumes?! I hope so, but im not sure, because for instance in MK9, DLC character Freddy Krueger have only primary costume :( Jason definetly needs atleast 2 costumes.. Jason X skin would definetly fit as secondary costume or maybe Part II. skin
with bag on head :D

Stevie Steelz

I break muthaf****s...
Bad Swimmer or Crystal Lake- Jason becomes slippery giving him better dashes/increased mobility.
Slasher - Jason receives a move that gives him a hit of armor.
Mama's Boy - Power-up variation were Jason's mother will pop on screen and say something that will give him a temporary buff.
Damn you stole my "Mama's Boy" name! lol

Stevie Steelz

I break muthaf****s...
Everything about Jason just says "Damage" to me, so I came up with...

Slasher: Machete/weapon attacks/more damage on block (certain EX moves cause "bleeding" damage that causes opponent to lose health over time).
Painkiller: More armor on attacks, gets 25% damage boost when at 25% health or lower.
Vengeance: Uses mother's severed head as a totem to power up attacks.

I like fun facts.
Hopefully I am not alone, but I feel the first 4 films (Pamela and Human Psycopathic Jason) were far superior films to part 6 and the "zombie" Jason. Part 4 (The Final Chapter) is easily the best Jason film.

Jason X was truly one of the worst movies I ever saw haha!

Big D

Relevant In An Irrelevant Time
bruhh that shit was a total joke lol. i dont want any of them in it. id rather have Cyrax Sektor Kabal Smoke Rain Skarlet etc than any of them. I srsly think it was a mistake...wasting more slots on some shitty cereal killer that side nothing ever. Id rather have Yogi Bear and BooBoo tbh
I'll remember that when I carve that ass with my machete. Ch-ch-ch-....ah-ah-ah

John Grizzly

The axe that clears the forest
My thought it that Jason will be a lot cooler than people think. I'm quite sure NRS has been working on this character since MK9 days and had planned on doing Freddy AND Jason as DLC in MK9, but nixed the plan for Jason during development. So having that said that, they have had plenty of time to flesh him out.

In related news, I also thought NRS planned on adding Sub Zero as DLC in Injustice but killed that idea due to the backlash for Scorpion (much like there was for Freddy).

Bottom line - Jason will sell well. Casual MK fans will love it and horror movie buffs will buy MKX simply because Jason is in the game. NRS is brilliant for advertising his appearance prior to the game to drive up pre-orders and Kombat Pack sales.

Saltea Moonspell

"Mind Over Matter" I dont mind, and X dont matter
Waste of slot, but I guess You cant hit the Powerline (W Brothers). There are at least 2-3 characters that I can think of who would fit the game much better then Jason. Not that I have something against him as character, I just think that Predator or Spawn would have much more Hype then J.

TopTierHarley

Kytinn King
Waste of slot, but I guess You cant hit the Powerline (W Brothers). There are at least 2-3 characters that I can think of who would fit the game much better then Jason. Not that I have something against him as character, I just think that Predator or Spawn would have much more Hype then J.
No such thing as waste of a slot. The roster has been decided since conception.

Status
Not open for further replies.