What's new

[Jan 26, 2013] KombatNetwork Presents: Operation Wolf (Red Bank, NJ)

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
Umm, can I get some hype for this event? I know you all love this place, where's VSM at? We got Cibernetico and Scoot, you guys gonna let them hold down the fort with FraudVonChoke as the team captain against Team Canada?

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
Ummm, can I has hype for this event? I have about 15 confirms and only 3 from Long Island. This is a Saturday event players. Let's make some noise. Looking for a 32 player mini-major blowout. The more the merrier.

HGTV DrFlash44

Quan Cheese!!!
is it wrong your sig just reminded me of that terrible pop song? IN MY HEAD! I SEE NOOB TP'ING ME, IN MY HEAD! NOOB CORNERS ME WITH UPKNEE, IN MY HEAD! ....omg......its remix time
Didn't explain to you yesterday how quan is way more fucked when cornered against noob than scorp

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
Glad to see some action, thanks Tom Brady for already promoting this event. He seemed very excited about it when I talked to him after NEC. I am also working on the VSM crew to come down. Right now there's around 20 confirms for this.

Alex_Smith

The artist formerly known as blueNINE.
Pretty sure I will find my way to this event. After not getting to play at NEC, I am left still really wanting to see where I stand. Well, that and I was considering going anyway 'cause it should be a blast. :)

Edit: Also gives me an excuse to play some UMK3! I remember at the last event, I beat REO with my whack Sub-Zero and he gave me the dirtiest look. <3 REO.

Really, though, I will probably have to practice some UMK3 for this. Have wanted to step it up in that game for a while.

Gamma

Plays too much Civ
Pat and I should be able to make it. Second semester will have started for both of us but this ends Saturday night so there shouldn't be any issue. I know this is early but Claude VonStroke, do you mind if Pat and I spend the night at your place if we go to this?

Noob
I should be there. It's far enough in advance that I can plan for it. I'll see about getting rsiegel28, The Kombat Nazi there for all of you to see him work his magic.

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
Great guys, need some more VSM responses. Up to about 25 confirms.

CptXecution

Brain Dead Bro
Ya know.....I think I just might make this, I'll talk to some of the New England crew like CRUM to see if he wants to come.

edit: I noticed blueNINE was coming, will we be seeing the infamous "I can't quit MK no matter how buggy it is" MK Peanuts lol

double edit: I notcied again that MK Peanuts has RSVP'd "No" so I'll answer my own question.

Alex_Smith

The artist formerly known as blueNINE.
Ya know.....I think I just might make this, I'll talk to some of the New England crew like CRUM to see if he wants to come.

edit: I noticed blueNINE was coming, will we be seeing the infamous "I can't quit MK no matter how buggy it is" MK Peanuts lol

double edit: I notcied again that MK Peanuts has RSVP'd "No" so I'll answer my own question.
Peanuts has DOA5 and P4A now, as well as SG whenever that gets played. I don't think he's going to travel that far just for MK. I'm still playing SSFVIAE and GGXXAC, but I am playing MK9 competitively again (for better or for worse).

EdFig81

Original OBS mbr/VSM/G4S
January 26th? If I can get a ride it there I may come. Trying to pratice in mk9 now finally lol. So I will try to make it but I can't guarantee as of yet shock.
Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
Awesome guys, closing in on 30 with MANY more waiting to confirm, so many of you I didn't expect, mad respect to you all for making the drive. Confer with your local team mates and working on transportation. I will comprise a guest list soon with "definites" and "maybes" tomorrow night. I'm shooting for 40, I think it's easily possible. I will begin making arrangements with Ken on how we will setup, and whether or not we can use any space on the main floor in case the number breaks 48. I think 32 is the max for the back room but we'll see. We'll have at least 8 setups for the event so players will be kept occupied to say the least. I will try to get a bonus for this event as well.