What's new

Combo List - Jacqui Briggs Jacqui 'Bae' Briggs Combo Science Thread

E

Eldriken

Well at least you researched it first before you came to that conclusion. Oh wait no you didn't. F122+4, NJP, DB2 restands.
God fucking forbid he didn't know something. Maybe he didn't sift through all of her combos because they're so convoluted? The combo threads aren't organized well at all. -.-

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
God fucking forbid he didn't know something. Maybe he didn't sift through all of her combos because they're so convoluted? The combo threads aren't organized well at all. -.-
Hey it's not my fault Justin hasn't updated the OP. I update the Shinnok one all the time.

TrulyAmiracle

Loud and Klear~
can somebody give me some high tech combos that do not use the quick burst cancel
There's a few corner combos without QBRC but they all need lvl2 charge to do damage (and get higher pop-ups):
b33 df2 (held just a bit) 11 12 12 bf4
b33 bf2 4 bf2 f2u2 2+4 11 12 bf4
b2 bf2 f2u2 2+4 nj2 1 4 bf4

but tbh you need to learn QBRC as that's high-tech's only real strength, if you don't have those down you're better off playing one of the other variations..

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
no need to be a dick about it. full auto is still way better in the corner than shotgun.
I'm just saying, you said she gets not restands so conclusively without even asking if maybe someone had found one. Even if Full Auto is better it doesn't mean she can't do corner combos in Shotgun.

JustinXavier21

The rose that grew from concrete
Hey it's not my fault Justin hasn't updated the OP. I update the Shinnok one all the time.
What the...usually I would take the abuse but that combo IS very specifically in the OP... @Saviorself

While I'm here, if anyone is still using FA as a zoning tool, you're totally messing up. FA is most effective at close to mid range where you are still in range (or in microdash range) of her D4 and B2. DF2 is simply not enough by itself to set up an effective zoning game; you NEED people to be blocking you and you should never be encouraging people to edge in, duck and whiff punish. You'll just end up burning through EX meter and getting no damage. Good players are consistently beating it already.

Where it really comes into its own is where you start to stay close and play very fluidly using DF2 to beat advancing normals and generate fear. All the damage should come from landing the B2 (which itself can only come from being a nuisance with D4 and Kara 4). FA has now become my favourite Variation and it's all for developing a better close range game (helped by using way too much SG and HT).

At this point, I don't know which is best anymore, but when you give up the concept of zoning, FA leaves you with a good AA option, and ultimately, that's currently her biggest weakness.

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
What the...usually I would take the abuse but that combo IS very specifically in the OP... @Saviorself

While I'm here, if anyone is still using FA as a zoning tool, you're totally messing up. FA is most effective at close to mid range where you are still in range (or in microdash range) of her D4 and B2. DF2 is simply not enough by itself to set up an effective zoning game; you NEED people to be blocking you and you should never be encouraging people to edge in, duck and whiff punish. You'll just end up burning through EX meter and getting no damage. Good players are consistently beating it already.

Where it really comes into its own is where you start to stay close and play very fluidly using DF2 to beat advancing normals and generate fear. All the damage should come from landing the B2 (which itself can only come from being a nuisance with D4 and Kara 4). FA has now become my favourite Variation and it's all for developing a better close range game (helped by using way too much SG and HT).

At this point, I don't know which is best anymore, but when you give up the concept of zoning, FA leaves you with a good AA option, and ultimately, that's currently her biggest weakness.
Good damage from b2? You mean b2~bf4 because ex missiles whiffs half the time randomly because she's such a buggy character?

scarsunseen

Miley Cyrax®
Lol I basically quit Jacqui at this point. I like Sonya more. I'm sure you guys have better Jacqui tech than I do at this point.

But I believe this is what you're referring to...

Last edited:

cashthesehands

monster masher
Just picking up Full Auto now and digging her close-mid space control options. Any tips on landing b2-bf2-RC-12, etc? The other run cancels dont give me much trouble but that one seems impossible for a meterless starter. I've been using b2-bf2-bf4 as a backup, but would like to get the full down if it's doable.

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
Just picking up Full Auto now and digging her close-mid space control options. Any tips on landing b2-bf2-RC-12, etc? The other run cancels dont give me much trouble but that one seems impossible for a meterless starter. I've been using b2-bf2-bf4 as a backup, but would like to get the full down if it's doable.
b2~bf2 is not worth it.

Go for b2~db2(ex), RUN~33~bf4 [check to make sure it won't whiff against the char you are playing ._.]

Or just b2~bf4 meterless

I don't know how you're hitting b2~bf2, bf4 but props if you are.

In the corner, b2~db2, 12, 12, 12~bf4

cashthesehands

monster masher
b2~bf2 is not worth it.

Go for b2~db2(ex), RUN~33~bf4 [check to make sure it won't whiff against the char you are playing ._.]

Or just b2~bf4 meterless

I can get b2~bf2~RC 12 bf4 to work on males maybe 25% of the time. It's a fucking pain in the dick for the small amount of damage it does. The link between bf2-bf1 is a lot more lenient. (typo above, i meant bf1). I was just trying to maximize the meterless damage; the link with meter from exdb2 is a lot easier to hit.

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
I can get b2~bf2~RC 12 bf4 to work on males maybe 25% of the time. It's a fucking pain in the dick for the small amount of damage it does. The link between bf2-bf1 is a lot more lenient. (typo above, i meant bf1). I was just trying to maximize the meterless damage; the link with meter from exdb2 is a lot easier to hit.
Yeah but b2~db2(ex) whiffs on several crouching characters so just be wary. Check her fixes thread for more deets. As for maximising, I'd seriously just go for b2~bf4. She's stamina dependant enough without having to use it all for 5% extra and much huger execution.

MsMiharo

Kuff Bano
b2~bf2 is not worth it.

Or just b2~bf4 meterless

In the corner you can do b2~bf2, 4~db2, 4~bf4 iirc

cashthesehands

monster masher
Yeah but b2~db2(ex) whiffs on several crouching characters so just be wary. Check her fixes thread for more deets. As for maximising, I'd seriously just go for b2~bf4. She's stamina dependant enough without having to use it all for 5% extra and much huger execution.
It is ridiculous how little damage bf2 does. b2~bf4 it is. thanks.

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
I think this does more and if you swap last 4 for 11/12 it's pretty easy but ill double check Monday when I'm bdck home
Just tested, it does 33% either way. The one I posted does 35%. You can also go with 33 after db2 for the same damage, but it's inconsistent.