What's new

Combo List - Jacqui Briggs Jacqui 'Bae' Briggs Combo Science Thread

FlyMike

-----
A 40% I worked on xD probably already found like every combo known to man in MK

Jip 2, b33, db3, run cancel, 12, db2 ex, run cancel, 12, bf4 = 40 over head low mixup. 39% with out JIP and 41% with 33 starter no jump in full auto

That's a sick looking combo, but I've already been getting 42% off low launch, 1bar, with less effort imo...

b33, EX rockets, slight dash(Do NOT run) neutral jump 2, run cancel 33, bf4 42%

I haven't been seeing people use or post neutral jump 2 after EX rockets in combos midscreen. But this is pretty much the basis for all my combos. With 44% from 33 punish. Multiple run cancels are tedious as hell imo, plus burn stamina. Like if you used breaker or interactables, then punished, your combo would most likely be fucked. I try to keep it simple as possible. And like TTT2 in certain regards to scaling, less is actually more.

TrulyAmiracle

Loud and Klear~
b33 ex rocket ~run 33 bf4 should be 40% on it's own.. these extra fancy hits don't add enough to make it worth it imo. You can swag out with em tho.

And what's up FlyMike? didnt know you were dabbling with this game.

Reauxbot

You think you bad? You aint bad.
Is Jacqui Briggs secretly good and noones admitting it?
I played a full auto Jacqui last night. At the character select screen i thought "Zoning"...
Sure enough i got demolished...

E

Eldriken

Is Jacqui Briggs secretly good and noones admitting it?
I played a full auto Jacqui last night. At the character select screen i thought "Zoning"...
Sure enough i got demolished...
She is good. She's not top tier, but she's far from being a shit character. She just needs some bugs/inconsistencies fixed and she'll be great.

She can wreck you up close if you don't know how to block against her and she gets a lot of damage off of 1 bar BnBs.

Reauxbot

She is good. She's not top tier, but she's far from being a shit character. She just needs some bugs/inconsistencies fixed and she'll be great.

She can wreck you up close if you don't know how to block against her and she gets a lot of damage off of 1 bar BnBs.
Yea i see that. Im also reading that shes a T-Rex syndrome victim
Her fucking run is INCREDIBLE. I think shes faster than Cassie.
A good mind game of zoning and rushing kinda threw me off. The guy was also a good player too.
Till last night ive never seen a Jacqui blockstring...ever.
Until i got 0-5d...Jesus.

FlyMike

-----
b33 ex rocket ~run 33 bf4 should be 40% on it's own.. these extra fancy hits don't add enough to make it worth it imo. You can swag out with em tho.

And what's up FlyMike? didnt know you were dabbling with this game.
What's good man? Yea it's a new MK so the mandatory dabble is in full effect lol. And for some reason, I'm gonna hit MWC next weekend and catch these quick L's.

You're right about just snagging that faithful 40% and saying fuck it. Local scene is full of the more "endowed" characters, so I didn't even know until recently that above 30s was "exceptional" damage. Catching Raiden 52% corner pre-patch regularly will do that to ya I guess. Smh.

Reauxbot

So is Miss Briggs worth a shot?
I wonder if she had a bit more reach how good shed be :eek:
Has to be some reason shes so short limbed

E

Eldriken

So is Miss Briggs worth a shot?
I wonder if she had a bit more reach how good shed be :eek:
Has to be some reason shes so short limbed
She suffers from T-Rex Syndrome because her walk speed (both forward and backwards) is amazing.

But yes, she's definitely worth a shot. I love playing as her.

She suffers from T-Rex Syndrome because her walk speed (both forward and backwards) is amazing.

One big positive I can say about my previous few days with jb - she will definitely teach you match-ups on a whole new level if you are only used to playing easy characters. I'm still trying desperately to make HT work - finally managed to overcome a few of my steady match partners with her where previously I had to fallback on sonya.

Playing her literally feels like boot camp. Fitting, I suppose. Despite my complaints, I'm not done with this girl yet.

Reauxbot

I was just reading about how inconsistent she is in terms of combos and strings and the hitboxes. Whats going on with that? Or has it been fixed?

E

Eldriken

I was just reading about how inconsistent she is in terms of combos and strings and the hitboxes. Whats going on with that? Or has it been fixed?
It hasn't been fixed yet, but we're all hoping it gets fixed in the next patch. She can't remain this way for too much longer because more and more shit keeps popping up with her and if it remains that way, no one's gonna play her.

She suffers from T Rex limbs as well because of her amazing pressure potential in HT as well i think and overall in some ways too with how many moves she has at 0 - +2.

All she really needs in HT imo is a great AA and she will be pretty good

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
HT Jacq needs the b,f+2 special TO BE CHANGED TO A DIFFERENT COMMAND because the Qburst (which is used ALOT in HT) gets over-ridden by the b,f+2 very easily such as during run cancel strings/combo's. Along with all the other bug fixes to her the command issue really, REALLY needs to be addressed because their is no way I am the only person having this issue the b,f+2 will sometimes come out EVEN if the BACK WAS NOT INPUTED. ALSO I do not have any input/shortcuts/negative/alt crap on.
I've never had this issue. Are you using input shortcuts on? Alt controls? A stick?

Javanne

Noob
Hey guys, first time poster, short time lurker. been playing jaqs since day one and she's legit bae. I just gotta know how do you do 44u consistently? like i can do it but the motion is so weird. any tips?

Guys how do you extend combos when u air to air and when u df3 what is the best option to continue ? Full auto jaqcuie

Hey guys, first time poster, short time lurker. been playing jaqs since day one and she's legit bae. I just gotta know how do you do 44u consistently? like i can do it but the motion is so weird. any tips?
It takes a lot of practice but i have had most success with 4u4 by double tapping 4 and trying to get u on the 2nd tap . Not easy but im sure you can get it down to muscle memory with enough practice

As stated NO I do not have Alt controls/Release check/input shortcuts on altho I am on a stick and I will confidently state that I have very good execution . What I am talking about is Strictly for High Tech variation only because of the b,f+2 and the d,f+2 specials combined with strings such as b+1, 3, or b+2 etc etc. The Back will stay in the buffer randomly and because High Tech relies HEAVILY on quick burst run cancels/release's to be effective, The Back WILL sometimes stay in the buffer randomly which results in a unintentional and HIGHLY unwanted b,f+2 special coming out at the end of a string instead of a quick burst. This results in JB getting punished SEVERELY since the opponent was in a block state most likely anyway.
Yeah I can't say I've had this problem at all in HT, and I spent close to 18 cumulative hours in run cancel training with her. I wouldn't mind being able to run cancel her df2 more than once, though >.<

Tigerbang

Legendary doodbro
Yeah I can't say I've had this problem at all in HT, and I spent close to 18 cumulative hours in run cancel training with her. I wouldn't mind being able to run cancel her df2 more than once, though >.<
Thats funny because even tho I knew that, I think I might be using up the cancel during pressure and its combo'ing but when I'm doing strings such as b+3,3 or b+1,4 and then trying qbrc BUT since I used the cancel......ok I think I understand now

Javanne

Noob
It takes a lot of practice but i have had most success with 4u4 by double tapping 4 and trying to get u on the 2nd tap . Not easy but im sure you can get it down to muscle memory with enough practice
Thanks man and yeah i've been trying that as well? It seems to be working so far. What I've been doing is tap 4 and then tap 4 again, but hold u for a quick second.
Hopefully I'll get it down.

Guys,im considering of switching from full auto to shotgun,because i am not zoner...shotgun is for rushdown right? Someone have time to write some bnbs with shotgun midscreen and corner?

Saviorself

Noob Saibot
shotgun actually kinda sucks in the corner....she gets no restand combos from it.

full auto isn't just zoning, the df2 is just a tool, you don't have to rely on it. The combos on full-auto are damaging and a bit easier to do than shotgun. Shotgun combos are quite inconsistent as well.