What's new

Combo List - Jacqui Briggs Jacqui 'Bae' Briggs Combo Science Thread

E

Eldriken

Anyone else having problems with b2~EX db2 consistently landing in Full Auto? Karaoke and I have both been having issues landing it now. It drops almost all the time now whereas it never did before. :|

TrulyAmiracle

Loud and Klear~
Anyone else having problems with b2~EX db2 consistently landing in Full Auto? Karaoke and I have both been having issues landing it now. It drops almost all the time now whereas it never did before. :|
I'll test it in a bit. Granted we just finished an all-nighter session and I didn't have issues landing it in combos. I did notice that the rockets were whiffing a lot more after my strings (I thought it was just the others finally ducking them tho..).

Assuming it was hotfixed, What exactly they have changed to make them like that? smaller hitbox? slower start-up? different angle?

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Administrator
Premium Supporter
That and just plain f12~db2. It used to be 100% consistent; now I'm seeing the missiles whiff about a third of the time...

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
I haven't too much of an issue with F12 into UpRocket other than people simply ducking. On hit it's working for me even on the small hitbox characters.

That B2~EX Rockets on the otherhand is messed up now. All of a sudden now at certain times or certain distances, or if I do it "too soon" after a knockdown, or other random factors sometimes the EX Rocket barely hits after B2 and sometimes it whiffs altogether.

This was never a problem until recently, and it seems random as hell. No idea why it's happening now.

E

Eldriken

I haven't too much of an issue with F12 into UpRocket other than people simply ducking. On hit it's working for me even on the small hitbox characters.

That B2~EX Rockets on the otherhand is messed up now. All of a sudden now at certain times or certain distances, or if I do it "too soon" after a knockdown, or other random factors sometimes the EX Rocket barely hits after B2 and sometimes it whiffs altogether.

This was never a problem until recently, and it seems random as hell. No idea why it's happening now.
Hotfixed? That's all I can think of unless the most recent patch bugged some shit.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
Hotfixed? That's all I can think of unless the most recent patch bugged some shit.
Has to be something. There's no way we can go from doing something eyes closed to "sometimes it drops for an unknown reason".

I hate it because I would use B2 after bf4 hard knockdowns if they had no meter for meaty combos, but now all of a sudden sometimes it doesn't link and makes me waste my bar on the EX Rocket. Or other times I catch them with F3B2 and the EX Rocket drops. Like wth? I'm thinking it's a bug because of the inconsistency of it going from 100% confirms to random drops occasionally. I think if it was a hotfix it would be a more steady change.

TrulyAmiracle

Loud and Klear~
Might be like the X-ray damage change (32% to 29%) where they already said it was an unintentional bug. We might need to let them know that someone is goin on with up-rockets so we'll at least know if it was intentional as a hotfix or just a random bug.

@colt

rev0lver

Come On Die Young

I actually just started noticing this too. b2~ex rockets seems to only randomly hit unless i do it right in their face. It was happening a lot last night and I don't remember it being an issue before. Sucks if it stays like this because all you can really do without a rocket is bf4.

RoboCop

Administrator
Premium Supporter
It would be one thing if there were predictable conditions that would make the rocket whiff, but right now it seems to be pretty damn random.

E

Eldriken

I actually just started noticing this too. b2~ex rockets seems to only randomly hit unless i do it right in their face. It was happening a lot last night and I don't remember it being an issue before. Sucks if it stays like this because all you can really do without a rocket is bf4.
It never was an issue before. That's why I thought it was probably me because it kept dropping and dropping and dropping. It was pissing me off, y'know? I'm just glad to see others have spoken up about it because now I know it's not me. :p

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
Yea I agree. I'm really hoping its just an unexpected bug that they can fix because I wouldn't see the point of weakening her like this at all. Today I've been just doing most BF4 after B2 because I don't want to waste a bar for nothing on hit. It would be devastating for her only reliable option on the OH to be B2~BF4.

Feels like Jacqui gets the short end of the stick. Inconsistent links in Shotgun variation, and now this.

Rip Torn

ALL I HAVE IS THE GREEN.
I can't get B2~ex rockets to whiff at all... At least not in training mode. Maybe it has something to do with the opponent getting knocked out of forward advancing normals/specials? I know that's a big issue with her BF1, which will just go right through some moves.

I'll admit, I haven't played as much full-auto, but I spent a few hours with it today and didn't have B2~ex rockets whiff one time.

RoboCop

Administrator
Premium Supporter
I can't get B2~ex rockets to whiff at all... At least not in training mode. Maybe it has something to do with the opponent getting knocked out of forward advancing normals/specials? I know that's a big issue with her BF1, which will just go right through some moves.

I'll admit, I haven't played as much full-auto, but I spent a few hours with it today and didn't have B2~ex rockets whiff one time.
I'm doing it now against Mileena. If you set her to crouch, the Up Missile will whiff 100% of the time, which sucks since b2 is an overhead...

Just tried it with Sonya and the Up-Missile connects, so I guess we'll just have to test each character and hope it gets hotfixed.

E

Eldriken

I'm doing it now against Mileena. If you set her to crouch, the Up Missile will whiff 100% of the time, which sucks since b2 is an overhead...

Just tried it with Sonya and the Up-Missile connects, so I guess we'll just have to test each character and hope it gets hotfixed.
This character specific shit is fucking nonsense.

Rip Torn

ALL I HAVE IS THE GREEN.

Yep, you're right. Crouching Mileena it totally whiffs. I had tried it on a few females but not her. I'll have to be sure to test it with the AI set to crouch from now on.

Rip Torn

ALL I HAVE IS THE GREEN.
It whiffs on absolute max range ducking opponents or if they are interrupted/whiff punished while doing a low attack. For example, Kitana will usually get hit by it but if you set her to mash d3, d4, d1 and then whiff punish her with a B2~ex rockets, it will whiff! That really sucks because if you successfully bait a d1 and then go to punish it, you get nothing and waste meter.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
It whiffs on absolute max range ducking opponents or if they are interrupted/whiff punished while doing a low attack. For example, Kitana will usually get hit by it but if you set her to mash d3, d4, d1 and then whiff punish her with a B2~ex rockets, it will whiff! That really sucks because if you successfully bait a d1 and then go to punish it, you get nothing and waste meter.
Wow. This is INCREDIBLY frustrating. Seriously there's no way this should be the case. I'm really hoping this gets hot fixed ASAP or something because that's just not good or fair to Jacqui players in so many ways.

TrulyAmiracle

Loud and Klear~
My assumption is that they made the EX uprocket hitbox smaller or they messed with the angle the explosion happens, coz yeah I'm in the lab right now and it's whiffing spots that used to hit earlier..