What's new

Combo List - Jacqui Briggs Jacqui 'Bae' Briggs Combo Science Thread

JustinXavier21

The rose that grew from concrete
Well that was slightly less painful than I expected...only took 4 hours [it's 4am here lol] @TrulyAmiracle have a look and see if it needs changing. Jacqui is pretty linear so I think the new format might work better for her?

TrulyAmiracle

Loud and Klear~
Well that was slightly less painful than I expected...only took 4 hours [it's 4am here lol] @TrulyAmiracle have a look and see if it needs changing. Jacqui is pretty linear so I think the new format might work better for her?
Good stuff man, clean and organized so everything is accessible :D

Yeah we don't have that many optimal starters so this way seems good to convey what she can convert into. Anything else can be simply added later.

JustinXavier21

The rose that grew from concrete
You can add b1,3 as a possible starter, same damage as 1,1 and 1,2.
B14 doesn't actually work in the same way as the others :( it knocks slighty further away so I'll have to test it manually against everything :( - definitely works with some of the Dust stuff, but I'm yet to land a BF2 RC from it so far. I might just suck though!

Those two should actually say 24% and 25% respectively.

Also, you can add for Anti Airs:

SG: 1, B2~Dust~RC, 33~BF4 --29%
SG: 1, F12~Dust~RC, 33_BF4 --30%
Consider em changed :D

Invincibeast

Stay Free
43% X-ray mid screen Full Auto

b33 - db3 - run xx d3 xx Xray

46% X-ray corner High Tech

(fully charged gauntlets) f2u2(2+4) - 1 xx X-ray

50% X-ray corner High Tech

(fully charged gauntlets) 33 - bf2 - f2u2(2+4) - 1 xx X-ray
@JustinXavier21

Hope these can help...
no clue what to do for above 41 on shotgun...

Last edited:

Mortal Komhat

Worst Well-Established Goro Player Ever
B14 doesn't actually work in the same way as the others :( it knocks slighty further away so I'll have to test it manually against everything :( - definitely works with some of the Dust stuff, but I'm yet to land a BF2 RC from it so far. I might just suck though!
Going into bf2 is not going to work (or it does and I'm just ass), but QBRC works. For non-HT I'm going to start working on those now because I honestly think we've gotten the most we can out of HT in terms of combo paths and tech.

Swoops

Noob
My new go to midscreen meterless for SG:

F121+2, run 12 xx Dust, JI2/1, 121 ... whatever reset [B2 xx Dust/F3b4/run B33]

Does 22% and leaves you at +22 and the perfect range for B2 xx Dust to connect on everybody.

EDIT: No stamina version of ^^: F121+2, dash, slight step forward, D3 xx Dust, step, JI1/2, 121 [20%, no stamina]

However you get your stamina back pretty quickly using the first combo so... :/

Also, HT2 is insane scary in the corner. A level 2 DF2 combos off of 121, B33, B14, and 33. (possibly F3/4b4 as well?) Easy 40%+ meter less every time. If you're having trouble confirming you can even throw in a run cancel in the beginning like B33, RC, 121 xx DF2 lvl2. Seems like it will always scale a couple percent off though.

Last edited:

The Slaj Jazz

TIckle my sweet salty nips
F122+4, run f1,2 xx dust run 33 bf4 = 32% (can change the f1,2 to 1,2 to make it more consistent for 30%) Shotgun*

Last edited:

IKizzLE

BloodHound
My new go to midscreen meterless for SG:

F121+2, run 12 xx Dust, JI2/1, 121 ... whatever reset [B2 xx Dust/F3b4/run B33]

Does 22% and leaves you at +22 and the perfect range for B2 xx Dust to connect on everybody.

EDIT: No stamina version of ^^: F121+2, dash, slight step forward, D3 xx Dust, step, JI1/2, 121 [20%, no stamina]

However you get your stamina back pretty quickly using the first combo so... :/

Also, HT2 is insane scary in the corner. A level 2 DF2 combos off of 121, B33, B14, and 33. (possibly F3/4b4 as well?) Easy 40%+ meter less every time. If you're having trouble confirming you can even throw in a run cancel in the beginning like B33, RC, 121 xx DF2 lvl2. Seems like it will always scale a couple percent off though.
That ghetto american reset you have there, can be backdashed and armored through.

Swoops

Noob
That ghetto american reset you have there, can be backdashed and armored through.
Can't test at the moment. But an opponent left standing at +22 move can back dash or armor a 16f move?

Sorry if I missed that, I was under the Impression that they couldn't reversal act out of the follow up unless they were knocked down or at neutral before the follow up.

Last edited:

IKizzLE

BloodHound
Can't test at the moment. But an opponent left standing at +22 move can back dash or armor a 16f move?

Sorry if I missed that, I was under the Impression that they couldn't reversal act out of the follow up unless they were knocked down or at neutral before the follow up.
I'll double check when I get home but in that same setup, but ending it with a 21 instead of 121 so they are right next to you, the opponent can back dash an immediate overhead or low.

Last edited:

Swoops

Noob
I'll double check when I get home but in that same setup, but ending it with a 21 instead of 121 so they are right next to you, the opponent can back dash an immediate overhead or low.
Okay, so I still understand the mechanic correctly. If the opponent is left standing at a disadvantage, they can't do anything except block until that disadvantage is over.

Testing it, they can't backdash or armor out of the B2 if timed immediately (21 recovers very quickly, so you have to do the B2 ASAP for this to be air tight.)

HOWEVER, it seems like there's not a low threat. B3 has such a shitty hitbox that I can't find a way to get it out in time so they can't back dash. F3b4 SEEMS to take too long. If anyone could find out how to make the low threat work this would be a lot more air tight. Still viable though, because if they're mashing back dash/armor they are going to eat the B2.

IKizzLE

BloodHound
Okay, so I still understand the mechanic correctly. If the opponent is left standing at a disadvantage, they can't do anything except block until that disadvantage is over.

Testing it, they can't backdash or armor out of the B2 if timed immediately (21 recovers very quickly, so you have to do the B2 ASAP for this to be air tight.)

HOWEVER, it seems like there's not a low threat. B3 has such a shitty hitbox that I can't find a way to get it out in time so they can't back dash. F3b4 SEEMS to take too long. If anyone could find out how to make the low threat work this would be a lot more air tight. Still viable though, because if they're mashing back dash/armor they are going to eat the B2.
I just tested this with a human(Krayzie) offline and he was able to back dash the b2 after a 21, and a 21 on hit is +22 with 12 recovery frames. The b2 literally phased through the backdashes invincibility frames.
Did you test this with another player?

Edit: would 121 be easier?
Edit2: Went home and tried it against a human opponent online and im getting the same result when i do 21~b2. You literally have to do it on the frame for them to not back dash. With that said, I'm still going to use it because most people get stage fright and stand there.

Last edited:

Swoops

Noob
I just tested this with a human(Krayzie) offline and he was able to back dash the b2 after a 21, and a 21 on hit is +22 with 12 recovery frames. The b2 literally phased through the backdashes invincibility frames.
Did you test this with another player?

Edit: would 121 be easier?
Edit2: Went home and tried it against a human opponent online and im getting the same result when i do 21~b2. You literally have to do it on the frame for them to not back dash. With that said, I'm still going to use it because most people get stage fright and stand there.
Haven't tested this with another player, but based purely on frames and the mechanics of the game it should work. +22 ADVANTAGE should be your advantage including recovery frames.

I set AI Jacqui to ji2, 121, B2 on earliest frame. Mashed the ever loving shit out of back dash and armor. Got pegged every time. I think 21 is more difficult because the recovery on that string is so quick. You can act out of it earlier than you think. Besides 121 makes it so the B2 dust hits on males too. (And the low option isn't air tight anyways)

It seemed like you got it the last time in the vid. If it doesn't work I'm super frustrated because it means the frames listed aren't right or my testing methods are seriously bananas lol

@JustinXavier21 Hey, thanks for your work on the thread so far. I just have a couple of remarks (about High Tech).

Firstly, an important combo that should be listed.

Corner:
HT2: [Starter]~QBRC 121~DF2(L1) 11 11 212 NJDD4 = 53-58%

Secondly, in the Enders section, the note about 2334 is incorrect. 2334 causes a soft knockdown and has very little advantage when the opponent rolls. Instead, we should list 212. When used in a juggle, it causes a long hard knockdown that guarantees a gauntlet charge and allows you to keep up your pressure afterwards.

MsMiharo

Kuff Bano
@JustinXavier21 Hey, thanks for your work on the thread so far. I just have a couple of remarks (about High Tech).

Firstly, an important combo that should be listed.

Corner:
HT2: [Starter]~QBRC 121~DF2(L1) 11 11 212 NJDD4 = 53-58%

Secondly, in the Enders section, the note about 2334 is incorrect. 2334 causes a soft knockdown and has very little advantage when the opponent rolls. Instead, we should list 212. When used in a juggle, it causes a long hard knockdown that guarantees a gauntlet charge and allows you to keep up your pressure afterwards.
212 isn't a hard knockdown but it does leave them down for quite a bit