What's new

It came from the Shadows! - Noob Saibot General Discussion Thread

Wemfs

The only morality in a cruel world is chance.
Work his b214 string into your game. The blackhole after a b214 will track the opponent whether they tech roll or not, forcing them to do awake up attack or tech roll jump.

Ghostball is an underutilized tool of Noobs, especially the Ex version. I'll use it after an AA UK, 1, 12 xx ghostball. I haven't quite worked it into my corner game yet, but in the corner it shows much promise.

B+1. Learn it's distance and use it for space control and to get in for pressure. B+1 has great distance, hits mid, and it's 0 on block. Great for mix-ups.

Throw, throw, throw, throw, throw. THROW. Noob has the best throw in the game (range and style haha), no question.

Upknee. You already know :) One of the best specials in the freakin game imo. I don't care what anyone says.

Mix it up. I feel that Noob has outstanding mix-ups.

The deadly corner game.

I hope that this helps. :)

PND_Ketchup

"More deadly than the dawn"
Work his b214 string into your game. The blackhole after a b214 will track the opponent whether they tech roll or not, forcing them to do awake up attack or tech roll jump.

Ghostball is an underutilized tool of Noobs, especially the Ex version. I'll use it after an AA UK, 1, 12 xx ghostball. I haven't quite worked it into my corner game yet, but in the corner it shows much promise.

B+1. Learn it's distance and use it for space control and to get in for pressure. B+1 has great distance, hits mid, and it's 0 on block. Great for mix-ups.

Throw, throw, throw, throw, throw. THROW. Noob has the best throw in the game (range and style haha), no question.

Upknee. You already know :) One of the best specials in the freakin game imo. I don't care what anyone says.

Mix it up. I feel that Noob has outstanding mix-ups.

The deadly corner game.

I hope that this helps. :)
YES!

I forgot all about his ghost ball, I'll be using that more often now I remembered it ha. I use B2,1,4 a lot but mainly for punishes.

His B1 is something I haven't looked into. Thanks very much man :)

Dsynkronized

Tierless
whemfs i did, noob is retarded and as far as the guy sayong noob is an online warrior your wrong..he can be played and even more so be stylish offline there are a few expeert strats that you can only run offline because of lag it requires good reads..great reads actually but point is hands noob can comepete with anybody onthe cast

G4S Ermacio

Orbs... Orbs everywhere
whemfs i did, noob is retarded and as far as the guy sayong noob is an online warrior your wrong..he can be played and even more so be stylish offline there are a few expeert strats that you can only run offline because of lag it requires good reads..great reads actually but point is hands noob can comepete with anybody onthe cast
hell yea man noob can compete with anyone

Hitoshura

Head Cage
disagreed but to each is own. Noob is a good character. hes well balanced but has a few flaws. Only reason he is like lower tier is b/c top characters have a lot of STUPID SHIT! Otherwise Noob would be higher up

Dsynkronized

Tierless
like prime example i play superior magik all the time and i keep up with his kabal and cage we trade but boot knocka couldnt handel it but destroyed me like 9-2 in mirror matches..now our skill level with noob is really close he just makes less mistakes then i do and better reads, but the fact that i play footies so damn well with noob allows me to keep up with all of his bad mu except for 1 and thats reptile becuase thats self explaintory

Hitoshura

Head Cage
like prime example i play superior magik all the time and i keep up with his kabal and cage we trade but boot knocka couldnt handel it but destroyed me like 9-2 in mirror matches..now our skill level with noob is really close he just makes less mistakes then i do and better reads, but the fact that i play footies so damn well with noob allows me to keep up with all of his bad mu except for 1 and thats reptile becuase thats self explaintory
Idk abour ur kabal friend but kabal destroys noob. Almost a 3-7 so theres something he isnt doing right. Cage and Noob is almost even. 5.5 in noobs favor

As stated, B1 is great for footsies. Just in general a good spacing tool.

Standing 2 AA is especially good, imo. The hitbox on is a lot larger than you think, and you can do something similar to AA2, 12,12, shadow/portal. Upknee will some times whiff after two 1,2's in a juggle.

Wemfs is also right in that Noob's throw has fantastic range. You can use it after B2 either on block or hit and it is a good throw setup. The animation for B2 is misleading on block for the opponent, even though it ends up at 0 on block. I also think B2 has some good distance on it, also. Perhaps a good footsie tool in itself. Need more time to check it. I have yet to really incorporate ghostball into my game, but I almost always throw a portal out after a string (even 212) simply to make my opponent MOVE. You can bait out a lot of jumps and either air-to-air or standing 2 them into a juggle.

Also, D4 is great, as I'm sure you've noticed, and one of my favorite meter building/pressure tools is D4 -> 212, upknee. And from there you have a mix up. If I want more meter, I'll D4 again into 212, but if they try to jump I'll AA them into a juggle or just upknee.

I also think Noob is quite similar in his gameplan as Sub Zero. He works best in the corner, so pressure your opponents into the corner and lock them down with D3-> upknee, AA 2 or 1, Upknee into juggle, d3 -> throw, etc., etc.

For a simple corner combo I use, I just 212uk, 12uk, 12uk, 12 ex uk, uk, uk, uk. Then I back dash so I can set up a "wall" for my opponent to get through, because the cycle starts over again. I know this isn't maximized, but I've been doing it so long that I do not care because it still scores around 40%.

And don't ever let anyone tell you that Noob has a horrible comeback potential. Midscreen? Okay, perhaps. But when he has corner pressure you cannot count him out.

And learn those matchups. :p I feel like that is the most important thing with Noob.

iroku

Noob
noob has nothing on kabal.... IMO! but serious!! kabal just needs meter and 1 shadow charge you r done.... Cage baah, if not for -armor he would be 7-3 , 5-5 ? yea he doesnt need life lead or anything but he has a hard time against noob... sonya can deal with noob she just needs a diff strat than most of her MU´s but cage really struggles against noob...

PND_Ketchup

"More deadly than the dawn"
Again, great tips. Thanks very much!

I'm a little confused about the B1 as a spacing tool though. It seems quite slow on startup, and i tend to get wiff punished for it a lot. I must be using it at the wrong time.

G4S Ermacio

Orbs... Orbs everywhere
noob is far from dead u stupid jerks he the greatest character that has ever been in the mortal kombat series ever!!!!! you just need to look at the character a bit more abstractly than you may or may not think

HGTV Soapboxfan

"Always a Pleasure"
noob is far from dead u stupid jerks he the greatest character that has ever been in the mortal kombat series ever!!!!! you just need to look at the character a bit more abstractly than you may or may not think
while froom playing you i kno you know what your talking about, when u say greatest ever you sound like an idiot lol.

Hitoshura

Head Cage
hito.... was DR right ?? is noob dead ? :/
Hes not dead but is hanging on IMHO. In a game were the only zoners that matter are Kenshi, Freddy and Kabal he comes close to them. His only problem is his recovery, his lack of armor and his damage output midscreeen. 18% rlly!?

I think noob isnt trash at all. Hes good its just the fact tht everyone else has better dirt or more dirt than him is the reason why he struggles so much.

G4S Ermacio

Orbs... Orbs everywhere
Hes not dead but is hanging on IMHO. In a game were the only zoners that matter are Kenshi, Freddy and Kabal he comes close to them. His only problem is his recovery, his lack of armor and his damage output midscreeen. 18% rlly!?

I think noob isnt trash at all. Hes good its just the fact tht everyone else has better dirt or more dirt than him is the reason why he struggles so much.
tbh i think noob is the top of the mid tier, he has really good pressure with a block string into upknee, he gets a 50/50 mixup after a blockstring and he gets a awesome mixup that leads to teleport or a free jump in punch for pressure along that he has decent zoning if used correctly i cant honestly say i think hes even just hanging on

Dsynkronized

Tierless
the simpliar u play with noob the better, its about footies damn it im telling you! and just because you play simple doesnt mean u cant play smart or switch it up...YOU HAVE TO USE WHATS BETWEEN YOUR EARS

G4S Ermacio

Orbs... Orbs everywhere
the simpliar u play with noob the better, its about footies damn it im telling you! and just because you play simple doesnt mean u cant play smart or switch it up...YOU HAVE TO USE WHATS BETWEEN YOUR EARS
dude you cannot use the obvious or u will die young, u have to be original wit noob saibot or u will be instantaneously downloaded i have some new stuff dont know if its new enough to be consudered tech but its hella awesome and will be a HUGE help in a lotta games but in conclusion keep noob unique or ull opponent will easily counter pretty much anything that u do best of luck

Hitoshura

Head Cage
tbh i think noob is the top of the mid tier, he has really good pressure with a block string into upknee, he gets a 50/50 mixup after a blockstring and he gets a awesome mixup that leads to teleport or a free jump in punch for pressure along that he has decent zoning if used correctly i cant honestly say i think hes even just hanging on
Nothing he does gives him a free jump in punch for pressure. He doesnt have THAT MUCH advantage on a blocked upkee just +4 frames. He does get nice mixups after a blocked upknee this much is true but ur forgetting what hinders noob.
  • Lack of damage Midscreen
  • Shit recovery on his projectiles
  • Zero comeback factor
With these problems under his belt he cannot be High mid tier. Id say Hes in between above bottom 10 to top of bottom 10. Noob may have a good amount of matchups in his favor but he has a large amount of Bad Mu's and some of those Mu's have the high tier character in them so in a tournament environment Noob tends to struggle a bit.

G4S Ermacio

Orbs... Orbs everywhere
Nothing he does gives him a free jump in punch for pressure. He doesnt have THAT MUCH advantage on a blocked upkee just +4 frames. He does get nice mixups after a blocked upknee this much is true but ur forgetting what hinders noob.
  • Lack of damage Midscreen
  • Shit recovery on his projectiles
  • Zero comeback factor
With these problems under his belt he cannot be High mid tier. Id say Hes in between above bottom 10 to top of bottom 10. Noob may have a good amount of matchups in his favor but he has a large amount of Bad Mu's and some of those Mu's have the high tier character in them so in a tournament environment Noob tends to struggle a bit.
nah man u misunderstood i mean when u jump at a person u put up the chance that u do the jip or u tele so when the respect the mix up and read tele u get a free jip into pressure