What's new

It came from the Shadows! - Noob Saibot General Discussion Thread

Hitoshura

Head Cage
I created this thread in order to control threads from going off topic and control the presentation of the thread. :3

- Any Noob Saibot related talk that revolves around changes from *previous patches of mk9* to *current version of mk9*, examples include but not excluded to, Netplay/Ranbat shenanigans, story related stuff, music related stuff, artworks, etc.
- Netplay Match making - Setup mk9 online matches with other mk9 players for one on ones or KoH.
- Bitching and moaning about Noob Saibot, either x change he received or how much of a bullshit character he is or how he needs x change to be good or w/e. Though I warn you, don't create arguments. If argument are to start I will use my mighty Mod Powers and be like lol s-tier and do stuff.

Have fun do w/e yeah lol

***Any video, combo, or matchup related posts should be posted in there necessary thread***

- Bitching and moaning about Noob Saibot
=3

Liu Kang Low Fireball:
17 frame startup, 32 frame recovery

Noob Saibot Low Slide:
14 frame startup, 41 frame recovery

GUESS WHO'S PRIMARILY THE PROJECTILE ZONER?!?! :throwcomputer:

No but really though the mixup projectiles are cool just the recovery frames still baffles me from day one.

Sage Leviathan

I'm platinum mad!
=3
GUESS WHO'S PRIMARILY THE PROJECTILE ZONER?!?! :throwcomputer:

No but really though the mixup projectiles are cool just the recovery frames still baffles me from day one.
Maybe its just my playstyle, but i LOVE using his mixup game.
Does anyone else like to add Tackles and Slides after their strings sometimes?

**And btw, yes, i had to include to epic cat face in Trini's quote :D

Hitoshura

Head Cage
Maybe its just my playstyle, but i LOVE using his mixup game.
Does anyone else like to add Tackles and Slides after their strings sometimes

**And btw, yes, i had to include to epic cat face in Trini's quote :D
tbh no..its way to risky u go in a big state of frame disadvantage on block and HIT. Not worth the risk imo

D. R.

Noob
Don't "zone mix up" with Noob unless you're full screen and your opponent doesn't have a quick tele to punish you on reaction. NRS should have made Noob's projectile's recover instantly on hit. It's beyond fucking stupid how Noob can knock someone down upclose with a tackle and get punished by a quick wake up. smh

LOCO

DADDY BARAKA
wow my noob has fell off, i've been missing with other chars and when i went back to noob fshhhh
down down baby up the st.... yea he fell like a mofo
....uhhh back to the shadows then with me, i got to taint my soul black again

After F333 on hit there is a stagger, but i cant continue with more F33 on block or throw becouse they are just jumping away, its just me or not enough frame adv?

After F333 on hit there is a stagger, but i cant continue with more F33 on block or throw becouse they are just jumping away, its just me or not enough frame adv?
i was wondering about this for a while now, with ermac and scorpion the stagger state seems to be long while with noob they can jump and escape, any explanation for this? damn, if only this could work like the other ninjas, noob`s pressure game would be so much better.

PS: anyone plz explain to me what is "untechable"?. also, i cant find strings for noob where they would put opponent in stagger long enough to guarntee a free jip?

PND OmegaK

Drunk and Orderly
I'm really struggling against Noob since the patch, I play Jax btw. EX dashpunch doesn't hit noob when he's doing upknee afaik. It's a usefull tool but it's range is limited too, I can't really complain though. My main issue is mainting pressure. The new wake up system completely fucks me over because it feels like I have to respect Noob's options not matter what. Is he completely safe to everything on wakeup or what? What messes you noob players over when you're being rushed down? I've tried crossing him up but the upknee always catches me, Poking doesn't seem to work for me either, even if I delay it a little.

I realise Jax can zone now, but Noob seems to beat him out of everything before he gets the chance. I probably just need more practice if anyone would be willing to hit me up on XBL.

I realise you'll be giving info to the enemy, but we're all cool right? :3

Reedoms

Noob
I'm really struggling against Noob since the patch, I play Jax btw. EX dashpunch doesn't hit noob when he's doing upknee afaik. It's a usefull tool but it's range is limited too, I can't really complain though. My main issue is mainting pressure. The new wake up system completely fucks me over because it feels like I have to respect Noob's options not matter what. Is he completely safe to everything on wakeup or what? What messes you noob players over when you're being rushed down? I've tried crossing him up but the upknee always catches me, Poking doesn't seem to work for me either, even if I delay it a little.

I realise Jax can zone now, but Noob seems to beat him out of everything before he gets the chance. I probably just need more practice if anyone would be willing to hit me up on XBL.

I realise you'll be giving info to the enemy, but we're all cool right? :3
I seem to have the exact opposite of your situation. Jax gets in on me like no other and when he gets in he takes me for a wild ride and crosses me up everytime I use an upknee. Do watch out for portal cancels upclose. I've started using close portal during block strings to have it land ontop of me so if someone tries to continue pressure, they fall through and I get a free combo.

PND OmegaK

Drunk and Orderly
I have a friend who uses black hole mind fuckery too. I'm probably just not crossing noob up early enough after a knock down.

fr stack

Noob's saibot or noob saibot's?
yeah omegak just cross up for some reason my upknees NEVER work even ex its de most frustratin thing ever i waste meter an get fucked

eskuAdradit0

"Thanks" button abuser.
Can anybody help me to beat Noob? I have 0 matchup knowledge against him.

Is there more recovery on a whiffed clone, or on a blocked clone?

He'll just stay fullscreen and throw random clones. If I succesfully fuzzy guard it, I'll have given him almost 1 bar of meter at best. His shadow tackle is an overhead with nasty pushback and shadow slides gets me at random times. You guys say that his clones suck, etc, etc, but I've blocked so many shadow tackles at close distance, yet I don't think I can combo him or anything cause of the pushback + his recovery.

If I get close, he'll just use his upknee, which leads me to:
Is upknee punishable at all? it looks to me that it's safe on block, it's not a medium so I can't duck under it, and if I'm outside it's range it's too far away for me to punish. I cannot jump on it for obvious reasons. So what's left?

I really don't like this matchup because I don't feel I'm getting outplayed. Hopefully you guys will open my eyes.

Random question: Why 50/50 zoning?-_- It'd be cool for Shang if his upskulls were overheads, and his ground skulls lows. Same for Sektor. Oh and Mileena's rollball should hit low, and her teleport should be an overhead. :p j/k

Hitoshura

Head Cage
Can anybody help me to beat Noob? I have 0 matchup knowledge against him.

Is there more recovery on a whiffed clone, or on a blocked clone?

He'll just stay fullscreen and throw random clones. If I succesfully fuzzy guard it, I'll have given him almost 1 bar of meter at best. His shadow tackle is an overhead with nasty pushback and shadow slides gets me at random times. You guys say that his clones suck, etc, etc, but I've blocked so many shadow tackles at close distance, yet I don't think I can combo him or anything cause of the pushback + his recovery.

If I get close, he'll just use his upknee, which leads me to:
Is upknee punishable at all? it looks to me that it's safe on block, it's not a medium so I can't duck under it, and if I'm outside it's range it's too far away for me to punish. I cannot jump on it for obvious reasons. So what's left?

I really don't like this matchup because I don't feel I'm getting outplayed. Hopefully you guys will open my eyes.

Random question: Why 50/50 zoning?-_- It'd be cool for Shang if his upskulls were overheads, and his ground skulls lows. Same for Sektor. Oh and Mileena's rollball should hit low, and her teleport should be an overhead. :p j/k
u can jump forward at the right time avoiding the projectile and one u get close block the tackle or slide and punish due to long recovery. Also a blocked upknee is 0 frames of advantage iirc. Might be +1 (not 100% sure due to lack of capture card) blocking it will also push u back. if u manage to knock noobs down his only invincible wake up attack is tackle and slide (not sure about slide since i never wake up with it) If noob misses these lol free combo. Also upknee isnt safe on wake up so u can poke noob out of it on wake up or even start up when hes standing if u want. XD

he may have 50/50 zoning but his zoning is unsafe on block and HIT. so u can punish him with a fast wakeup attack if he hits u up close with a shadow charge or shadow slide.

Hitoshura

Head Cage
I've never noticed people punishing my slides as a corner combo ender. Guess it's just strict timing.
tbh not many people in the mk community outside of the noob players know tht its punishable. They just seem to stay on the ground but things tht can punish tackle/slide enders

.reptiles dash
.kabals dash
.sub slide
.csz slide
.Jax Bionic Arm
.Nightwolf shoulder tackle
.cage shadow kick
.jade shadow kick

basically any rlly fast wakeup move will do the trick. Plus teleporters will just teleport regardless lol