What's new

It came from the Shadows! - Noob Saibot General Discussion Thread

Sage Leviathan

I'm platinum mad!
How do people usually react after a d4 - portal, Sage?
I have options for the opp accordingly :p
If they wakeup, block and follow up.
If they lay dead or block a d3/slide/tackle, the portal gets them.
If they techroll (for whatever reason) they fall into the portal.

Also, another random thought:
If i end a corner combo with d4~Portal against Kabal, would this work againts EXND?
combo, d4~NearPortal (the portal falls on Noob), Slide.

I suppose that if im spun and he falls from the portal, hed still have enough time to attack, eh?

Wemfs

The only morality in a cruel world is chance.
Noobs EXSlide serves to make the opponent closer to Noob.
This would be perfect if Noobs CQC was fantastic.

Thought: Near portal, EXslide?
Tried this a long time ago. The Ex slide won't toss them into the portal in time. :( Would be awesome if it did.
Also, how do you end Noob corner combos? I end them with d4~Portal.

I know Hito ends with EXUpknee, NJP, and then an EXPortal.
I usually end with an upknee as well and then dash back to read my opponents next move. All depends on my meter bar usually. There's one combo I like to use which is 212, Ex upknee, 3~upknee, b1214~ghostball. Then bait their wake up. :)

Wemfs

The only morality in a cruel world is chance.
Also, another random thought:
If i end a corner combo with d4~Portal against Kabal, would this work againts EXND?
combo, d4~NearPortal (the portal falls on Noob), Slide.

I suppose that if im spun and he falls from the portal, hed still have enough time to attack, eh?
Hmmm... not sure. Would have to test that out.

Thanks to Somberness, a blocked max range upknee is either +10/+11. So if we could find a way to do them consistently it would reaaally help Noob close up. D4 and B1,2,1,4 push the opponent too far back and 2,1,2 doesn't push them at all. I can't test right now, D1,upknee and D3,upknee on block and hit, does the upkness whiff? Because they both push back but not as far as D4...

Hitoshura

Head Cage
Thanks to Somberness, a blocked max range upknee is either +10/+11. So if we could find a way to do them consistently it would reaaally help Noob close up. D4 and B1,2,1,4 push the opponent too far back and 2,1,2 doesn't push them at all. I can't test right now, D1,upknee and D3,upknee on block and hit, does the upkness whiff? Because they both push back but not as far as D4...
they do not wiff. d3/d1 upknee is my noob saibot corner pressure

EX-Low Shadow actually guarantees a free combo if they do not use a wakeup attack. Spent around 20 minutes testing it and even if they are blocking, if you start your combo just as they are about to get up it will still hit them. So it has some viability.
Actually,no it does not,this is a bug in the auto/always block option in training.Any attack, if timed right,will hit the bot on wakeup even if it is set on auto/always block.This is why you cant trust the training bot. ALWAYS test it against a person.

a_guardian_devil

"We share blood, we are not brothers!"
Actually,no it does not,this is a bug in the auto/always block option in training.Any attack, if timed right,will hit the bot on wakeup even if it is set on auto/always block.This is why you cant trust the training bot. ALWAYS test it against a person.
Actually, i`ve managed to land this several times against my bro and some online games. not sure tho if they released block or not. But still, the push forward is fast especially on sweep distance that its surprising and hard to react to if used sparingly.

Actually, i`ve managed to land this several times against my bro and some online games. not sure tho if they released block or not. But still, the push forward is fast especially on sweep distance that its surprising and hard to react to if used sparingly.
Either they're just using wakeups without a good amount a invincibility and/or not blocking.
Your better off just saving your meter for breakers.

Dsynkronized

Tierless
hey anti staticand me were playing some noob matches and i have been playing with him for a while and seriously to anybody struggling incorporating d3, db3 is amazing and in the corner its almost a frame trap in it self, any input?

PND_Ketchup

"More deadly than the dawn"
Hey guys and girls, just making a thread to ask for some advice.

I've been using noob as my secondary for a while now, he's a complete blast to use and I really enjoy playing him. As far as my skill with him goes i have a number of things down with him. Being a sektor player I'm fine with the zoning and throwing bad clones is out of the question. I'm poking with D4 and D3 at the correct time, anti crossups etc are staple to my gameplay because of it.

I'm fine with defense, I don't have a hard time getting people off me unless they're kung lao or Cage. My matchup knowledge needs some serious work though.

Hitconfirming on block/hit from 2,1,2 is something I also have the hang of now. Portal reset traps used as punishes/combo enders are also staple. Not that i use portals from 2,1,2 at the moment, because I don't.

Like many noob players, I'm fine with capitalizing off a close range up knee, i usually chain UK, 1, 12, Portal/teleport/tackle

My corner game revolves around the D1/D3 UK, and linking D1,UK from a successful UK. I don't have a set combo in the corner however, and i'm sure i can get more damage than i get right now, I tend to end corner combos with the portal trap for now to add pressure and panic to the opponent.

Throw setups from a blocked F3,3 or a F3 etc work pretty well right now, as well as using F3,3 UK to pressure in the corner.

That's just to name a few things i use in my Noob gameplay, but I'm just asking any noob pros if there's anything i can do on top of that in terms of what i fundamentally should be doing? I love this character, and I want to take him as far as I can.

Thanks people :)

NkdSingularity

Truth and Ugly
Don't end corner combos with shadow charge or slide, as you are minus frames on hit.
B1 has a hurtbox that extends beyond noobs hitbox, it might be useful in footsies against some characters, it is 21 frames startup though.

Dsynkronized

Tierless
im not a pro but @ ketchup u like the poke uk as well a good one for corners are d3/d1 uk into d4 uk 1,2 uk 2,1 uk 2,1 portal then after they land i usually d3 back dash and wait

Dsynkronized

Tierless
its pointless to use meter when there are better purposes for it but its still like near 30 pearcent with a reset so not to bad and its easy to make reads afterwards