What's new

Is this game too easy from an execution standpoint?

KonDcnT

KonDcnT
Spacing is a huge key to this game. I like how every character plays different. I have to keep that in mind. I feel every character has potential to dominate, we just haven't figured out how. I also think we have only scraped the surface of injustice. I look forward to what gets discovered in the next few months. I wouldn't mind seeing more variety of win outros and pre match intros, but these are only aesthetics.

What I don't like to do is long combos. Like back in mk I liked playing Kitana but those long combos are what made me play her less. Id rather have shorter combos like kung lao, cage or raiden combos. They can make the timing harder if they want but I just don't feel like pushing that many buttons as lazy as that sounds. And some combos in injustice are too long for my taste as well.

BlackBryan

B*tch Distributor
This is the time we should be using to bring new guys in. Then, when the next installment of our favor'd titles are released, you bring them into that.

Nothing is worse then picking up a new FG, and getting bodied because you don't understand a major mechanic. This will eliminate that for NRS. MK10 will be understood by every igau filthy casual, on some level, and IGAU2 will be able to remove some scrubbiness in favor of higher execution, as you still understand the basics of the game day 1.

.....This is assuming they don't reboot both titles to 8D, virtuasmell vision, where you execute combos by sniffing roses and lilac, just because the format exists... Like NRS likes to do.

Lets face it, the games pretty bare bones in terms of high execution tactics. That is not necessarily a bad thing as this is a DC game and would attract a lot of casual comic fans. However in the long run where do we go?

Some of the interactable tech displayed by Under The Mayo and the vortex application from Vulcan Hades are really nice finds in terms of setups. But I gotta admit, there feels lack of tools for me to play around with when it comes to execution. I spent some time getting Cyborgs IANB so low to the ground, but hey even that tactic is a bit gimmiky. The main problem seems that the best tactics in this game are often the lowest execution.

Now i dont want Kabal 2.0 in terms to of lockdown but it would be nice to have some high execution tactics that net some higher rewards. I spent so long getting Kabals dash pressure down that it was such a rewarding feeling putting it into practice in a match. Same in SSF4 with Ibukis sj cancels and C.Vipers cancels. It gave me something to strive for knowing they were worth it in the long run.

I have pretty much tried every character in this game and although we are still early in the games cycle, the easier string options and cancels do very much seem a bit too potent.

Also I am by no means an execution god...I just like something to really work on that nets me some big rewards for my time.

Anyone else feel this way?
Artificial difficulty is bogus, Kabal is actually the least challenging character in mk9 because of how much control he has, because of my ability to iagb in mk9 I can body people by doing simple frame traps grabs and 50 50s because I completely dominate the spacing game and have armor for days.... My execution is only really good in the iagb department... It's not nearly as Challenging to wi an with a refined reactionary play great reads and amazing spacing ad creativity... Kabal is a pure busy work character.... Albeit gaes like smash melee and Starcraft are amazing to watch... Making things artificially difficult is a bad control scheme... Go play
A shooter like quake if u want to rely on skill.. Then again pc shOOters are 90 percent brains and setup at a high level... I'd know I made monies at dem... I'm da best and I like kitties.

Spacing would be more relevant in this game if walk speeds were better and jumps weren't as op... It's game is weak fundamentally and it's primarily guessing aBuse and abusing top tier characters and mixup and being too safe.

Artificial difficulty is bogus, Kabal is actually the least challenging character in mk9 because of how much control he has, because of my ability to iagb in mk9 I can body people by doing simple frame traps grabs and 50 50s because I completely dominate the spacing game and have armor for days.... My execution is only really good in the iagb department... It's not nearly as Challenging to wi an with a refined reactionary play great reads and amazing spacing ad creativity... Kabal is a pure busy work character.... Albeit gaes like smash melee and Starcraft are amazing to watch... Making things artificially difficult is a bad control scheme... Go play
A shooter like quake if u want to rely on skill.. Then again pc shOOters are 90 percent brains and setup at a high level... I'd know I made monies at dem... I'm da best and I like kitties.
I lied mileena reptile Sonya and Kung Lao are the least challenging character by then Kabul and probably kitana

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Definitely!
imho high execution prevents uneducated casuals with lack of fundamentals to be part of the player base, for me that is ok because of higher "versus" quality and better matches!
Then they have two choices imo:
1- Lern the game proper, and learn all about fighting games fundamentals ect
2-GTFO
You're so me, i love you.

KonDcnT

KonDcnT
I think NRS intentially put in different walk speeds to give us the dc experience. If the Flash and Grundy walked the same speed or had the same jump style I would be a little disappointed. I feel that all characters have been depicted really well with a nice NRS twist. I remember countless drunken arguments with my friends about who would win in a fight. I would talk so much s#$/ to superman fan boys when Doomsday wrecked his ass or when Joker killed robin with the crowbar and was dropping punch line after punch line. Now we have the chance to settle these disagreements with injustice. So far some characters seem favorable/top tierish, but I think this due to us not knowning much about this game. That's why I love this site, every day someone discovers something new about their main or their most difficult opponent.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
I think NRS intentially put in different walk speeds to give us the dc experience. If the Flash and Grundy walked the same speed or had the same jump style I would be a little disappointed.
Then you must be real disappointed in differences in dash speeds.

sometimes I think you guys want to repel anybody that hasn't been playing fighters for 10+ years. one of the reasons i like mk and injustice is because of the accessibility. 1 frame-superhuman reflex link combos are one of the reasons i quit playing sf4 and haven't even tried kof13. honestly, why can't we compromise? if you want easy to get into and accessible, you have injustice. if you want "execution heavy" you have sf and kof. i dont get why all fighters have to be hard as hell to learn.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
sometimes I think you guys want to repel anybody that hasn't been playing fighters for 10+ years. one of the reasons i like mk and injustice is because of the accessibility. 1 frame-superhuman reflex link combos are one of the reasons i quit playing sf4 and haven't even tried kof13. honestly, why can't we compromise? if you want easy to get into and accessible, you have injustice. if you want "execution heavy" you have sf and kof. i dont get why all fighters have to be hard as hell to learn.
Need more 2D Tekken balance and execution levels.

Grublet

Noob
No, not every game needs to require high execution. Honestly, making a game easier on execution allows people to jump into the meat of fighting games much quicker. The meat of this game is still interesting. Match-ups, spacing, and reading the opponent are all still there. This comes from a person that plays mostly KOF games and Guilty Gear.

DangerousBacon

Mechanical Engineering Bitch!
No, not every game needs to require high execution. Honestly, making a game easier on execution allows people to jump into the meat of fighting games much quicker. The meat of this game is still interesting. Match-ups, spacing, and reading the opponent are all still there. This comes from a person that plays mostly KOF games and Guilty Gear.

But haven't you heard? This game apparently has no footsies, spacing, or fundamentals. :joker:

Gurpwnder

Saikyo Student
I don't know if this has been said, but here's how I see it:

The lower the execution barrier, the higher the demand is for the player to know the ins-and-outs of their available options.

With a very technical game, you can often get by using tactics that the other player doesn't know about. For me, in Smash Bros Melee, I cannot wavedash, dash dance or even short hop consistently. Therefore, my pressure game is severely limited when compared to players that can do those things.

With a low-execution game, since both players will most likely know about the mechanics available to them, the better player will be the one who better utilizes the mechanics.

Because of these differences, these different games will feel very different for low-to-mid level players. Of course if we're talking about top level play, even in a high-execution game, then there are no mechanics that the other player does not know, so it also becomes a matter of better capitalizing on the mechanics available to you.

If you mostly plays KOF and GG then you DO NOT KNOW what it means a player base with 90% of "uneducated" players. i also play kof and gg and these player base are smaller but the players are overall much better and the matches have a higher quality! read my post #56
in an MK9 room with 100 players you will find 5 that are decent and 2 that are awesome.
sorry but my english is too bad to explain better and go further, i hope you get what i mean though.
and i am talking about online playing only!

I don't mind the relaxed execution--but I do think that the difficulty of a combo should be proportional to the payoff. As of right now, Grundy's combos have crazy damage and armor while requiring almost no skill to pull off. In reality, he should be a 1-2 frame link kind of character. If he can't hit those links, he needs to get punished for it. As of right now, there is no stopping him at close-medium range, even if he's sloppy. Same for Scorpion. As him, you can beat 90% of the people who play online by alternating between two moves (hellfire and teleport).

The execution isn't the problem--it's the general engine that favors spamming and zoning over fundamentals.

serge

Noob
From what I have learned in the last 2 months about this community :

If the execution was hard, people would be complaining about it.
If the execution was medium, people would be complaining about it.
In this case the execution is easy so people complain about it.

Of course if you play Superman it's going to be easy! Go play Harley or Joker or any low tier then we can talk about having a challenge.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
Why the fuck does it need more execution levels? If you lose to a "Scrubby" player from interactables it's probably because you fucking suck.

Would making a combo harder to do really change that much?
Did you read anything i wrote in this entire thread? Who said I lose to "a scrubby player from interactables"? You?

Well since DownfouralitY says so it must be true.

ceemurda

Tha BLakk ROBOCOP
This game is so strong on mindgames and reactions, adding in depth layers of Kabal like execution would be pointless IMO.
Lol amen... The hardest thing for me to do execution wise on this game is just dashing forward while fighting scorps and death stroke... That be mindfucking everytime lol

Sent from my SCH-R920 using Tapatalk 2

ceemurda

Tha BLakk ROBOCOP
From what I have learned in the last 2 months about this community :

If the execution was hard, people would be complaining about it.
If the execution was medium, people would be complaining about it.
In this case the execution is easy so people complain about it.

Of course if you play Superman it's going to be easy! Go play Harley or Joker or any low tier then we can talk about having a challenge.
Dont forget cyborg

Sent from my SCH-R920 using Tapatalk 2