What's new

Is this game too easy from an execution standpoint?

Lets face it, the games pretty bare bones in terms of high execution tactics. That is not necessarily a bad thing as this is a DC game and would attract a lot of casual comic fans. However in the long run where do we go?

Some of the interactable tech displayed by Under The Mayo and the vortex application from Vulcan Hades are really nice finds in terms of setups. But I gotta admit, there feels lack of tools for me to play around with when it comes to execution. I spent some time getting Cyborgs IANB so low to the ground, but hey even that tactic is a bit gimmiky. The main problem seems that the best tactics in this game are often the lowest execution.

Now i dont want Kabal 2.0 in terms to of lockdown but it would be nice to have some high execution tactics that net some higher rewards. I spent so long getting Kabals dash pressure down that it was such a rewarding feeling putting it into practice in a match. Same in SSF4 with Ibukis sj cancels and C.Vipers cancels. It gave me something to strive for knowing they were worth it in the long run.

I have pretty much tried every character in this game and although we are still early in the games cycle, the easier string options and cancels do very much seem a bit too potent.

Also I am by no means an execution god...I just like something to really work on that nets me some big rewards for my time.

Anyone else feel this way?

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
From an execution standpoint, this game is one of the easiest I've ever played to pull of high damage combos. In most fighting games the better the combo, whether its for damage, set ups, etc, the higher the execution level. In this game all the top tiers combos are as easy as a 20% combo in other games.

If I've never played Superman before I shouldn't be able to just walk into practice mode and do his 50% combo in 3min. It's one of my mine gripes about the game, and also where the "lesser skilled players perform better in this game" comes from. Such high damaging great set up strings are just way too easy to do.

Primiera

Wonderful Woman
I agree, the execution in this game is ridiculously easy compared to many fighters - even SSF4, a relatively easy game as a whole (disregarding a few characters), has 1F links to master. However, low execution isn't a bad thing; not every game should require knowing 20 combo routes and force crouch confirms and stand confirms and 1F links and super jump cancels and micro-dashes and TK inputs. A low execution barrier helps casuals get into the game.

I get what you're saying about wanting a character who you can grow with and take time to master, but there's still plenty of that in the form of setups and oki. Mastering a character is always a WIP, regardless of the execution necessities to play them.

Also, with NRS net-code, it's a good thing the execution is so low ... it'd be virtually unplayable online if there were strict links at every turn.

Jimmypotato

Mid Tier
it's one of my biggest grips with this game, non of the stuff that is difficult is rewarding. Not even close.

I can do some pretty boss Green Arrow shit but I get rewarded with 28%!!! or I can just cross up J3 223 Hurrican bow for 30, there is no reason in hell to try set up for a difficult combo that looks awesome and is hard to do.

This to me is what hurts this game the most, and kills the hype and fun level of it for me.

Why train hard when you can derp wins out with interactables and novice level combos.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Honestly its the low difficulty I like most.

When I get Bane to the evo GF and I need to do 71% damage, I COULD do j.d.3 b.23 123 super...

But you can bet your left arse cheek I'm going to be doing j.d.3 b.23 b.1 b.1 b.1 123 super because why not swag?

Pakman

Lawless Victory!
Technically yes. Actually no because my god damn inputs don't come out or I get overlapping ones that screw me over. I'll give an example of: DS has a 3,2 string. Guess what happens if you press 3 then 2 too quickly. Stance switch. Guess what happens if you press 3 then 2 too slowly...you don't get the 2!

I have dropped so many combos because of that stupid macro which I cannot turn off.

Stchamps

PSN: SoaD_009
This game is so strong on mindgames and reactions, adding in depth layers of Kabal like execution would be pointless IMO.
This is one of the weakest games in terms of mind games imo.

What also kills me in this game is how easy it is to vortex someone because of how awful the wake up system is.

Rathalos

Play Monster Hunter!
I wouldn't mind one of the new DLC characters being a token Kabal or Skarlet, just for fun.

If I was designing characters for the game, I would probably make MMH require inhuman levels of execution just to make him semi competent, purely out of spite.

It's probably a good thing I'm not developing characters.

For me personally it's not, because I simply can't get into the juggle heavy combo system and some of the weird timings, when it comes to the combos like for example Deathstrokes 323 into F23.

Kiko

Face it, you're done.
Technically yes. Actually no because my god damn inputs don't come out or I get overlapping ones that screw me over. I'll give an example of: DS has a 3,2 string. Guess what happens if you press 3 then 2 too quickly. Stance switch. Guess what happens if you press 3 then 2 too slowly...you don't get the 2!

I have dropped so many combos because of that stupid macro which I cannot turn off.

Turn off release check in the controller preset

MagicMan357

"130 ms is more legit than Labbing" - TYM
Why do I need to practice hours of muscle memory to make a game challenging? Shouldn't just outwitting or outplaying your opponent be enough? stupid mostly safe strings and special moves as well as interactable damage are the only complaints I have about this game.

Why do people have a problem with safe strings? Thats one of the things i hated about some mks was all the unsafe bullshit. Im just wondering.

1- It's not a sentence, it's a part of a sentence you took out.

2- Makes perfect sense. Think harder.
......actually it is still a sentence.......................

and no it doesn't. a skilled person > an unskilled/lesser skilled person wat r u missing here?