What's new

General/Other - Ermac Is Ermac going to be Easy-mac yet again ?

callMEcrazy

Alone is where to find me.
At the end of the day, ermac's BnBs were pretty easy to learn (true for most characters anyway) but I think what made him feel easy is how much you could blow up noobs while you yourself not being very good because of his high damaging combos.

Basically, it made you feel good when you really werent

He was called Ezmac because ppl didnt know how to deal with his stuff, then when they learned, then he wasnt a problem.
Exactly. But unlike people in this forum casuals don't always complete the learning. They often get stuck at a low level and a character like Ermac can remain strong like that.

Kindred

Let Be Be Finale Of Seem
Exactly. But unlike people in this forum casuals don't always complete the learning. They often get stuck at a low level and a character like Ermac can remain strong like that.
Yea most low level casuals only learn combos and spend the whole game trying to JiP to get a combo started. And against other noobs it works great lol

This strategy for example didn't work very well for characters like Skarlet or Kabal. Their basic combos/strings are pretty freakin hard and dont do high enough dmg w/ low # of hits to really help a noob out.

As for MKX, it may very well end up similar to MK9. It'll depend on how hard his combos are and his dmg output i guess

UsedForGlue

"Strength isn't everything"
The issue with Ermac in mk9 was that his point blank game was shit because of his lack of mids. After his 312 string, on block, you were pretty screwed against any good rushdown opponent, as good opponents wont counter poke on 0 or negative frames, they will bait the poke and punish.

After 312, Ermac could only do a d1 after that string or cross up, and nothing really comes from a d1 because his mids were too slow to maintain pressure, so you had to hammer d1, then execute an instant air force blast.

His 121 on hit only granted another 121, unless you hit confirmed the 12 into lift, and on block 121 only grants a short dash back to punish a poke with a lift or AA a jump in with uppercut, so he seriously lacked some sort of push back string, and now that he has the force blast from the ground, it should fix that problem. You can now hit confirm a block string into blast and be safe with pushback, this will make any Ermac players before very happy. It was his one downfall after not having an armoured movie, except X-ray, which was used allot, as Ermac didn't really need meter for combos, that X-ray comes in handy.

His zoning with the fireball didn't grant much, as on block it didn't push back, and it was special mid (If you don't block, its high). On hit it was just a knock back, but now the fully charged fire ball is something to fear, and the regular knocks down, excellent to reset the situation...also he could have an instant air fire ball possibility. If the fireball is mid, we are laughing.

His Force push zoning will be the same, you can get double pushes on some members of the cast with no ranged movies, but just like mk9, most of the cast and punish it with in range, meaning that Ermac will have to walk forward and throw again, and now that his throw doesn't full screen them, it might not be totally worth it.

Its not all about Lift and Push.

Last edited:

FinalBoss_FGC

Day -4MONTHS Dual Jin main
Easy to use => easy to beat?
What kind of logic is that?

So what you're saying is that Liu Kang never stood a chance of winning a tournament?
No. You can put words in my mouth, that's fine.

But when the Liu Kang guide specifically says "everyone knows what a Liu Kang player is going to do", it's pretty universal.

Fusion_Quake

KH Fusion
The issue with Ermac in mk9 was that his point blank game was shit because of his lack of mids. After his 312 string, on block, you were pretty screwed against any good rushdown opponent, as good opponents wont counter poke on 0 or negative frames, they will bait the poke and punish.

After 312, Ermac could only do a d1 afterwards that string or cross up, and nothing really comes from a d1 because his mids were too slow to maintain pressure.

His 121 on hit only granted another 121, unless you hit confirmed the 12 into lift, and on block 121 only grants a short dash back to punish a poke with a lift or AA a jump in with uppercut, so he seriously lacked some sort of push back string, and now that he has the force blast from the ground, it should fix that problem, you can now hit confirm a block string into blast and be safe with pushback, this will make any Ermac players before very happy. It was his one downfall after not having an armoured movie, except X-ray, which was used allot, as Ermac didn't really need meter for combos, that X-ray comes in handy.

His zoning with the fireball didn't grant much, as on block it didn't push back, and it was high. On hit it was just a knock back, but now the fully charged fire ball is something to fear, and the regular knocks down, excellent to reset the situation...also he could have an instant air fire ball possibility.

His Force push zoning will be the same, you can get double pushes on some members of the cast with no ranged movies, but just like mk9, most of the cast and punish it with in range, meaning that Ermac will have to walk forward and throw again, and now that his throw doesn't full screen them, it might not be totally worth it.

THIS! omg thank you, Glue! May Ed Boon's eyebrows grant you strength in MKX!!

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
Of course anything we're talking about right now is pure speculation. That goes without saying. Doesn't mean we can't speculate. That's a big part of what we do in forums anyway.

Ermac always looks cool as fuck. He looked great in MKD and then again in MK9. Even that fan made design (if you have seen that) was great. I expected nothing less in MKX.
I see where you're coming from and yeah I'll agree on the easymac statement, he definitely is easy to teach to new players, but so are Kano and Noob Saibot. Kano is probably easier than Ermac, you only need to teach a new player 3 things, when to knife, when to ball, when to b113.

coolwhip

Noob
Problem with this thread is you're asking a casual-oriented question on a website dedicated to competitive play. People here don't look at a character on the most basic level, ie "how easy are his combos?" otherwise people would be saying Sub-Zero is the easiest character to use in MK (unless you struggle pulling off those b121 and 214 slide combos).

callMEcrazy

Alone is where to find me.
Problem with this thread is you're asking a casual-oriented question on a website dedicated to competitive play. People here don't look at a character on the most basic level, ie "how easy are his combos?" otherwise people would be saying Sub-Zero is the easiest character to use in MK (unless you struggle pulling off those b121 and 214 slide combos).
Pretty much what I learned :D. I don't usually make threads, just comment. But this has been an eye opener.

FrozenG3oX

<3 gimmicks
EZ Mac? More like Supermac.

Am I really the only one watching all these clips and thinking MKX looks way too much like injustice and not enough like MK?

Weak uppercuts with quick recovery and people comboing out of them? That's not MK. That's injustice. The only thing this game should have in common with the abomination that was injustice is the throw teching inputs. That's it.
Lol, please fuck off

RyuKazuya

Jesus is my Lord and Savior!

After 312, Ermac could only do a d1 afterwards that string or cross up, and nothing really comes from a d1 because his mids were too slow to maintain pressure.

His 121 on hit only granted another 121, unless you hit confirmed the 12 into lift, and on block 121 only grants a short dash back to punish a poke with a lift or AA a jump in with uppercut, so he seriously lacked some sort of push back string, and now that he has the force blast from the ground, it should fix that problem, you can now hit confirm a block string into blast and be safe with pushback, this will make any Ermac players before very happy. It was his one downfall after not having an armoured movie, except X-ray, which was used allot, as Ermac didn't really need meter for combos, that X-ray comes in handy.

His zoning with the fireball didn't grant much, as on block it didn't push back, and it was high. On hit it was just a knock back, but now the fully charged fire ball is something to fear, and the regular knocks down, excellent to reset the situation...also he could have an instant air fire ball possibility.

LoL Ermac needed fundamentals he wasnt that easy, try the words Braindead Kenshi in exchange, that one was super easy to lear and to win with.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
I never felt he was easy especially once nerfed. I dont tgink he'll be easy to pick up in mkx unless youre a great zoner.

Anyone who called him easy mac didnt do double teleport combos.
Or properly zoned with Ermac.

Kindred

Let Be Be Finale Of Seem
I never felt he was easy especially once nerfed. I dont tgink he'll be easy to pick up in mkx unless youre a great zoner..
He looks like he has some great pressure options also so maybe good ol MKX ermac can be a bit more agressive than his MK9 cousin :D

Vilén

too smart to play MKX
Answer to OP's question: doesn't matter, lift and push are literal ragemail machines in any context. The scrubplaining will have him nerfed inside of two months even if his execution requirements were inexplicably set to pre-Xrd Guilty Gear.

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
Good grief... no need to jump all over the OP for talking about his observations of the character.

And everyone saying ohhh only noobs called him ez mac. That's a straight up lie. He earned the nickname b/c of his piss easy combos and the ridiculous damage they did. In fact, I thought it was clever as a play on the mac n cheese brand. And now, it's a funny thing to look back on.

As for the OP's question,

I think his mystic variation will be the easiest of the three.

Barrogh

Meta saltmine
Good grief... no need to jump all over the OP...
Sorry, we will consider next time. Now, excuse us, we need to

Just kidding.

Definitely see people starting with Mystic though. Meterless damage and most basic player requirements for controlling space will matter IMO.

Without those tools it may get tricky. I mean, did you see that AA TKForce whiffing on jumping opponent? Allow them to get within crossing range and you can were well be SOL on a bad read...