What's new

General/Other - Ermac Is Ermac going to be Easy-mac yet again ?

st9rm

viennality.com
He seems to have similar teleport combos, as in MK 9, i don't think he will be easy to pick up though, looking at all his variations

His Tele Slam move, which leaves the opponent hanging (for way too long) seems kind of broken, especially if the clock is below 10 seconds and time is running out
his opponent was at last hanging there for a good 2-3 seconds
great tool to turtle imo

FinalBoss_FGC

Day -4MONTHS Dual Jin main
Again, for the third time, I'm not talking about high level play at all. I'm talking about beginners actually. If you properly read the first para of my OP you should get that.

I tried out a bunch of characters when I was just starting with MK9 including Quan, Ermac, Kang, Kitana, Scorp, Sek, etc. Ermac certainly came out winner in that easiest fighter competition.
Liu Kang is way easier. Only thing Ermac has is a tele-punch that adds flavor...other than that, Liu Kang does high 30s, low 40s by pressing the same buttons over and over. IAFB, low Fb, good anti-air option just pressing 2. His parry countered jump-ins, too. He was so easy to use that he wasn't even super tourney viable because everybody knew how to play him. Ermac is easy, don't get me wrong...but Liu Kang is the definition of easy to use

coolwhip

Noob
How many MK9 characters weren't easy to pick up anyway? I mean, you have Kabal, Skarlet, and maybe Sonya? NRS games aren't execution heavy, and picking up a character is relatively simple, as it should be IMO.

callMEcrazy

Alone is where to find me.
How many MK9 characters weren't easy to pick up anyway? I mean, you have Kabal, Skarlet, and maybe Sonya? NRS games aren't execution heavy, and picking up a character is relatively simple, as it should be IMO.
Being someone who plays other fighting games as well I agree. But there's always more or less easy. I'm talking easy by MK standards.

AssassiN

Noob
Liu Kang is way easier. Only thing Ermac has is a tele-punch that adds flavor...other than that, Liu Kang does high 30s, low 40s by pressing the same buttons over and over. IAFB, low Fb, good anti-air option just pressing 2. His parry countered jump-ins, too. He was so easy to use that he wasn't even super tourney viable because everybody knew how to play him. Ermac is easy, don't get me wrong...but Liu Kang is the definition of easy to use
What the fuck?

Barrogh

Meta saltmine
This is the first time I hear any of this Ezmac stuff.
Admittedly, he has the reputation of having perhaps one of the easiest 40+% combos, but that's it. Haven't heard anything else on the matter.

Granted, it is relatively easy to win on low level with just damage output going for you since a lot of competitors will drop everything and stick to less damaging stuff, but that's it.

zaf

professor
Anyone who called him easy mac didnt do double teleport combos.
Double tele combos were not an essential part of his game and single tele combos alone could do 40%+ damage. Only the very best could land double tele combos consistently. I'm not taking about advanced gameplay here.
His damage output is kinda what was helping him to remain "relevant" for a while. Max damage combos on any touch was necessary. So double tele combos were kinda essential after some point. Were they hard to do? No not really.... Even for a casual it is not hard to do. MK is not known for its technical aspect of the game...

As for being "ez"mac... Sure if you do not know how to block he might be....
Is he easy to learn? No.....Sure you can learn to do a lift combo and get 30% damage. But for every lift that is blocked, or for every push blocked you are eating damage or getting pressured. He isn't easy by any means. His "combos" maybe, but not his character as a whole.

callMEcrazy

His damage output is kinda what was helping him to remain "relevant" for a while. Max damage combos on any touch was necessary. So double tele combos were kinda essential after some point. Were they hard to do? No not really.... Even for a casual it is not hard to do. MK is not known for its technical aspect of the game...

As for being "ez"mac... Sure if you do not know how to block he might be....
Is he easy to learn? No.....Sure you can learn to do a lift combo and get 30% damage. But for every lift that is blocked, or for every push blocked you are eating damage or getting pressured. He isn't easy by any means. His "combos" maybe, but not his character as a whole.
Well combos and spam are what the beginner's game revolves around. They don't have good footsies, spacing, pressure, etc. You sit back with force push and blast and when the oppo fucks up you dial in your easy BnB. This is what Ermac did very well. Of course in high level play Ermac is hard to use but that is a question of tier, not difficulty.

In terms of tier Kabal is the easiest to use. In terms of difficulty he is the hardest.

callMEcrazy

What does this even mean ? How does tier placement make him hard to use?
What do you mean ? Low tier characters like Sheeva, Baraka, Jade, etc weren't used in high level play because it was hard to use them at that level. Why is this so hard to understand ?

Ermac was mid tier though but he had tough matchups against a lot of top tier characters.

zaf

professor
What do you mean ? Low tier characters like Sheeva, Baraka, Jade, etc weren't used in high level play because it was hard to use them at that level. Why is this so hard to understand ?
Ermac was mid tier though but he had tough matchups against a lot of top tier characters.
I just figured when we are talking hard to use, that we are talking about his move set, his spacing, what to use in each situation etc.
The learning curve of the character pretty much.

I was not talking about his difficulty to use based on what characters that show up in a tournament.

EZ Mac? More like Supermac.

Am I really the only one watching all these clips and thinking MKX looks way too much like injustice and not enough like MK?

Weak uppercuts with quick recovery and people comboing out of them? That's not MK. That's injustice. The only thing this game should have in common with the abomination that was injustice is the throw teching inputs. That's it.

REDRUM

www.twitter.com/redrum26
SpectralMac is going to be hard as shit to use lol.

I wouldn't be surprised if max damage combos and pressure require flight cancels...which uses down-down-up as the input.

Sindel and Zatanna players will probably rock with SpectralMac... I personally cant rock with that variant cause its too Tinkerbell-ish for me lol

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
SpectralMac is going to be hard as shit to use lol.

I wouldn't be surprised if max damage combos and pressure require flight cancels...which uses down-down-up as the input.
DoctrineDark made some Sindel combos in MK9 and examples of how Flight pressure would look like. Looks tough