What's new

Interactable or No Interactable

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
So we've been playing the game for awhile now. Yes... it hasn't been THAT long (we still are getting new characters for crying out loud).

My question to everyone, should we start exploring the game without the interactables (transition stuff stays).

I have yet to play the game without them, and wonder what it would be like when the characters tools are the only thing affecting outcomes.

I really would like a good discussion here. I'm not really saying we should use one or the other... but I think we should at least entertain the idea.

What does everyone think?

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
I say try it in some locals and weeklies and decide after EVO/VxG.
Have you gotten to spare with them off?

I know I haven't yet, and want to... just to see how it is.

I'm not asking for changes or anything... just to see what you all think. I'd gladly play people with them off just to see btw.

I'd tag people but I don't honestly know if they'd answer.

LEGEND

YES!
with alittle tweaking i think they will be fine. Or at least a temporary ban on Metropolis in the mean time

Compbros

Man of Tomorrow

I'm not asking for changes or anything... just to see what you all think. I'd gladly play people with them off just to see btw.

I have and, honestly, I prefer interactibles but not in their current form as the hit boxes are stupid large and some things respawn way too fast.

Lord Beef

Death Metal and Trance
Personally, I think they should not be allowed in toruney play. At least from what I am seeing right now. Transitions I think can stay....they are fine IMO and add depth to the meta game. But the intractables just seem to have no element of control to them. And they cater greatly to the power characters. Yes, some characters can blow them up with bombs, but some can only jump off them while their opponent can get massive unblockable damage from anywhere on the screen. If anything, I think a discussion of what stages should be allowed in tournament with interactables should be happening before we talk about banning them all together.

My opinion:

Stages with respawning interractables should be banned. Metropolis roof as well. I think if we can settle on a few stages for tournament play, it would greatly reduce the alleged random factor and counter stage picking.

LEGEND

YES!

the problem with getting rid of interactables is that some characters are just built to control them better than others, and thus are weaker in other areas. Playing with Sinestro, Ares or DS in a blank map almost gives me that "Naked" feeling

Ermaculate_Slim

We are Many but we didnt make MK11 not one
I personally dislike them...but it seems everytime I say that some jackass gets mad and says "It part of the game deal with it" and my response is, if its so important to the game then why is there a option to turn it off?I hate seeing matches won by interactables. Besides they do way too much damage.I like to see a straight up fight using character tools and fundamentals.Because I feel most people just use interactables as a crutch to rely on when they are getting outplayed.

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
How do you know they need them?

That is my point really. I also see a ton of "factual assumptions" happening.

Honestly, I just wanted to see who all had actually played a legit set without them on period. I plan on doing so with a few people for the next month or so, just to see.

The option is available... and I figured it wouldn't hurt to at least get that voice out there.

I don't personally know. Hence the post :)

My assumption is that the power characters that have "weak" zoning, but good mobility (Superman, Wonderwoman, Black Adam etc) will not be as powerful as they are now. (10-20% unblockable is a big deal).

I honestly think it'll actually present the injustice footsie more, because players won't have to worry about where they are on the stage at all times. I feel I get hit with random button presses because i'm trying to defend against an unblockable projectile, as well as a 9f advancing low.
IDK, just assumptions.
Hopefully someone who has actually played with no interactables (i doubt anyone truly has) can shed some light.

Dizzy

False Information Police Officer
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
I think MrWizard said for EVO they are for sure having interactables on (it doesn't list this on the rules page so far though).

If thats the case, not going to bother looking into it until after EVO personally.

I really hope they get toned down big time in patches in the meantime though.

Boodendorf

Bird woman!
What characters need interactables?Im curious
Hawkgirl is an example. First of all, flight makes setting up and catching interactables much easier and scarier.
Midscreen is where she lacks damages, safe high/low and true resets, which isn't all that bad but in some matchups it's nearly impossible to do stuff without upgrading your mixups by adding interactables. It adds unblockable and good damages and the most important thing is that it pushes back the opponent a lot toward the corner.
The lack of armored moves also annoys HG midscreen (her b3/f3 have ass range), even if it's a one use, interactables you can armor are really important, and even more against chars that can completely shut your gtfo move.

She doesn't completely depend on it, but it's still a huge part of her midscreen game. Not saying she can't do damages or pushback the opponent in the corner without interactables, but it's a huge help.

I do think they need to nerf the damage a bit though.

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
I think MrWizard said for EVO they are for sure having interactables on (it doesn't list this on the rules page so far though).

If thats the case, not going to bother looking into it until after EVO personally.

Do you guys ever play without them?

I know training for EVO is a huge deal, and rightfully so. Just curious if it ever crossed the minds of GGA.

Ermaculate_Slim

We are Many but we didnt make MK11 not one
Hawkgirl is an example. First of all, flight makes setting up and catching interactables much easier and scarier.
Midscreen is where she lacks damages, safe high/low and true resets, which isn't all that bad but in some matchups it's nearly impossible to do stuff without upgrading your mixups by adding interactables. It adds unblockable and good damages and the most important thing is that it pushes back the opponent a lot toward the corner.
The lack of armored moves also annoys HG midscreen (her b3/f3 have ass range), even if it's a one use, interactables you can armor are really important, and even more against chars that can completely shut your gtfo move.

She doesn't completely depend on it, but it's still a huge part of her midscreen game. Not saying she can't do damages or pushback the opponent in the corner without interactables, but it's a huge help.

I do think they need to nerf the damage a bit though.

Well of course 20% extra unblockable damage would help but she doesn't NEED it.She is one of the safest characters in the game and one of the hardest to punish right under black adam. She has godlike pokes,mace charge is safe, she has divekicks, instant flight she has tons of tools. Ive played a good hawkgirl before trust me she doesnt need it.

Dizzy

False Information Police Officer
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
Do you guys ever play without them?

I know training for EVO is a huge deal, and rightfully so. Just curious if it ever crossed the minds of GGA.
Yeah, I wanted to after playing the game for a few days lol, never did get around to it though. I may be the biggest hater of interactables in our local scene though. When the time comes i'll be happy to do a nice long write-up about interactables

Boodendorf

Bird woman!
Well of course 20% extra unblockable damage would help but she doesn't NEED it.She is one of the safest characters in the game and one of the hardest to punish right under black adam. She has godlike pokes,mace charge is safe, she has divekicks, instant flight she has tons of tools. Ive played a good hawkgirl before trust me she doesnt need it.
That's why I've said in some matchups.
Some matchups would just be 10-0 without interactables for her, have you ever seen a good Lex vs a good HG? It's ABSOLUTE HELL for HG. He can escape so easily if the HG makes one tiny mistake, and his armor makes lots of stuff not work at all. Interactables come in and save the day, slightly.

McNasty

Moist.
ill run some sets that way with ya!

I do legitimately think my character is the strongest user and avoider of interactables in the game. Iadgm stops other power characters from using them. Air dash is well... Really fucking good at avoiding them even the drones on metro roof. And without a full screen projectile and incredible air mobility its a strong knock down tool vs most zoners.

Superman being second only because his zoning/air zoning is sufficient enough that he doesnt rely on them to get in as much.

I don't mind them too much. I'll use them if the situation presents itself but I don't find myself getting destroyed by them ever, except for on the watchtower or the pig on asylum. However I think that the background bounce interactables are great since they are purely combo extenders and nothing else. If there were a way to have just those and very few to no others I'd like that. If they were to all get like a 25% damage nerf across the board that'd be chill.

Shark Tank

I don't actually play these games

Ug, if that's the case, peeps are better off leaving them on. Playing with them off will only hurt you. Until after EVO.

Smarrgasm

What's a Smarrgasm?
Moved to Injustice Forums so that people will find it more and since it is about that game and not MK9 :p

ShadowBeatz

Dropper of Bass and Bombs
I've played quite a few games (online anyway) with the interactables off and it doesn't really change gameplay that much...

Reactions: SLy

SLy

Noob
If anything matches will go a lot slower without them..chances of momentum switching is highly unlikely.