What's new

Interactable or No Interactable

Law Hero

There is a head on a pole behind you
I do think they need tweaks, but I firmly believe they should stay.

When the game was being marketed, they constantly said that stage selection would be as big a deal as character selection. Choosing the stage should give you an advantage in a bad match-up, or make a good match-up even better. Stages with lots of respawning stuff to be thrown really helps big slow characters like Bane and Lex against fast agile ones, stages with good corner interactables helps zoners keep out those with strong rushdown, and so forth and so on.That being said, I believe we should treat stage interactables just like characters and not try to ban anything in the first couple of months. Let it breathe and run its course so the game doesn't suffer in the long run.

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
If we stopped using interactables, would they not buff the characters that rely on them?
How would you know if they rely on them.... if you've never played with out them?

Like I said.... I knew most people wouldn't really have any experience playing the game without the tossable shit.

I wasnt' asking for what ifs...... but if anyone had thought to actually play the game without the interactables. I think most of the balance issues we face come from character to character interaction.... and we never really think about stages at all. Superman isn't really that dominating of a character model..... but when you give him the ability to be lame for 15 seconds and then he has the threat of an 8f mid combo starter and a 20% unblockable projectile both at his disposal.... he becomes a monster.

Again... I am not really entertaining the "factual assumptions" that happen. I'm trying to get you guys to actually play without them to see if the characters are balanced more so than we think.....

carry on.

IrishMantis

Most humble shit talker ever!!!
by the looks of it there here to stay and i love them

but, i will agrree some neds tweaking not daamge wise, just Risk wise and escape wise

make sure other than the pig every char has a universal escape from them all some do, but some or just crazy how they track you

a few tweaking and where sorted

ApertureBlack

The Only Player On The Wii U
Currently they should be off.

Catering to power characters, some being literally unavoidable, and they do massive damage, that should be enough reason to warrent testing without them. Until they get a nerf every time I see Ferris/Metro/Watchtower/Hall I cringe as both players camp them.

Leave transitions on, they dont effect much.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
the problem with getting rid of interactables is that some characters are just built to control them better than others, and thus are weaker in other areas. Playing with Sinestro, Ares or DS in a blank map almost gives me that "Naked" feeling
Exactly why I'm not having any problems with them.

GL can have problems getting in, because of his bad mobility. An interactable can give him that knockdown he needs to get in.

Vogue

Noob
The game is not interesting or deep enough to be enjoyable without intractables. It wouldnt be mk9 bad, but it would be a pretty stale game.