What's new

Video/Tutorial "Insurance paid up?" HawkGirl BNB's (List/Videos)

On low hitbox characters, B1 whiffs. In that case, B2/Mace Charge is the closest thing to a suitable combo ender.
Actually, I'm pretty sure that the combo (B23>B1>WE3whiff>F13>mace charge=30%) works on everybody. In the tutorial vid, I mention that against characters with smaller hitboxes if B1 is done too late, it will just whiff. B1 needs to be connected early enough in order to complete the combo. I've successfully tested this against the flash. I will test against everyone to verify it later today.

Maybe my hands aren't as good as I think they are but that combo can only be done to about half of the cast. Batgirl, catwoman, doomsday, bane, Luthor....... The b1 doesn't connect after the b23 on them so far. :(

Someone prove me wrong please.

Maybe my hands aren't as good as I think they are but that combo can only be done to about half of the cast. Batgirl, catwoman, doomsday, bane, Luthor....... The b1 doesn't connect after the b23 on them so far. :(

Someone prove me wrong please.
Sigh....I was worried about this. I underestimated the size of the hitboxes for the females. I thought flash was equivalent, but apparently not (I thought flash was a girl......just kidding flash players :p). So here's the deal: the combo works on everyone except the women (minus wonderwoman apparently, lol) and the bigs. Sorry I didn't have the time to thoroughly test this last night.

Does not work on: KF, raven, harley, catwoman, and hawky; For the men: Grundy, Lex, Bane, and DD.

I have not tested Batgirl. I'm sure Tiger's right tho :)

So all in all, currently 16/26 characters to use this combo on. I guess it ain't so bad considering how good of a combo it is. I wish for the big guys we could cancel D2 faster to WE3, then WE3 would whiff and we could get this combo to work. Thanks for the input guys.

So given the situation:
On low hitbox characters, B1 whiffs. In that case, B2/Mace Charge is the closest thing to a suitable combo ender.
I'd have to agree. Best damage ender when attempting the combo on any of the above mentioned cast.

Airborne

The Mad Scientist
J1 crossup is real hard to land in a real match, it's easy to block
It was mainly just to showcase a combo that allows you to set up a corner combo with your back to the corner, but yeah, unless you set it up to be ambiguous, it's pretty hard to open the opponent up with.

I got you guys, I made a quick vid. Uploading now

EDIT: Here it is

DAYUMMMMMMMM good stuff, Wildoom.

Fang

Noob
Also haven't seen it on the front page, but a corner combo I've been working on nets 44% with no meter and grants for the awesome high-low mix up.

B22~WE(2), B1~WE(3), B1~WE(3), F13, F13~MC

Inspired by ending combos with GLs turbine for oki I got this for Hawkgirl; 123 B3 j.2 B1xxWE3 (whiff) F13 MC. 30% and youre left in the opponents face. Only thing that blows this up is some tech roll wake up attacks like sword flip.

I hate that wake up attacks from tech rolls are faster than normal wake up attacks

Boodendorf

Bird woman!
Tried to do we2, 123, b1 we3(whiff) f13 mc midscreen, doesn't work :(, f13 doesn't connect no matter how many times I try. Damn, that would've been so good.

Tried to do we2, 123, b1 we3(whiff) f13 mc midscreen, doesn't work :(, f13 doesn't connect no matter how many times I try. Damn, that would've been so good.
Dude, I know. I have been messing around with B1>WE3 whiff to see what I can do with it. Specifically, I was trying to do 3>2>MT>upshoulder>B3>J2>B1>WE3 whiff>F1>3>MC midscreen just to see if it was doable. I don't believe thats possible.

HOWEVER, I DO HAVE SOME GOOD NEWS! I have discovered an optimized version of the combo you originally posted. I feel its not too bad as well once you understand the timing. The timing is simply to hit J2 early and 123 early. So its simply this:

3>2>MT>upshoulder>B3>J2>1>2>3>3>MC=48% midscreen 1bar

I feel its quite practical once you understand how early you gotta hit J2 and 123. It corner carries a bit farther too :) Of course, for the women (except catwoman), do 3>MT>rest of combo. Still yields 48%.

EDIT: Swoops did mention this a week ago, lol. Thanks Swoops. Totally missed your post. I have confirmed this for the lesser hitboxes tho, and I can vouch for this and say its totally match practical.

Swoops

Noob
EDIT: Swoops did mention this a week ago, lol. Thanks Swoops. Totally missed your post. I have confirmed this for the lesser hitboxes tho, and I can vouch for this and say its totally match practical.
Lol no problem. I kind of dropped hawky for a little bit while I train sinestro >.>, so my posts are usually me just ghosting in with like 3 sentences lol. Easy to miss.

I really wish her mace toss MB combos were just a little bit more consistent, because I'd probably end up using her permanently. Right now she feels like the el fuerte of injustice. Can maneuver really well, and once she gets in can cause tons of havoc. But none of it leads to great damage realistically. Man, the more I think of it the more she resembles fuerte. Just a very explosive character, has stubby attack options outside of certain maneuvering specials, focuses more on in close rapid mix ups, and is incredibly hard to balance. Like I think she will end up being slightly below mid like fuerte, but if she's given certain things you run the risk of making her a ridiculously dominating character.

/end off topic >.<

Jon Berg

Noob
I got one more 12~WE(2) combo that is quickly becoming my go to, especially online due to its ridiculous ease for percent. No messing around with flight canceling or jump 2's.

12~WE(2), 123, 3~MC - 31%

Lol no problem. I kind of dropped hawky for a little bit while I train sinestro >.>, so my posts are usually me just ghosting in with like 3 sentences lol. Easy to miss.

I really wish her mace toss MB combos were just a little bit more consistent, because I'd probably end up using her permanently. Right now she feels like the el fuerte of injustice. Can maneuver really well, and once she gets in can cause tons of havoc. But none of it leads to great damage realistically. Man, the more I think of it the more she resembles fuerte. Just a very explosive character, has stubby attack options outside of certain maneuvering specials, focuses more on in close rapid mix ups, and is incredibly hard to balance. Like I think she will end up being slightly below mid like fuerte, but if she's given certain things you run the risk of making her a ridiculously dominating character.

/end off topic >.<

can you explain why you think its not consistent enough? just curious on your input :)

Swoops

Noob
It's wildly character specific, where the MB up shoulder will connect after a 3,2 vs some characters, but only at super close range. Other characters can only be hit by 3 xx MB up shoulder, and that's also highly specific to how close you are. How close you are meaning all up in their ass. Versus many characters (maybe all, not sure), jump in attack > 3 xx MB up shoulder will whiff. So it's pretty much only an available option off of one mid 12f attack, at super close range. If you're doing it off a raw 3 it's hardly a pressure tool, because MT is high and there is a massive gap before the MB shoulder.

It's still an option, one that results in very solid damage. But it's a pretty limited tool as of right now.

It's wildly character specific, where the MB up shoulder will connect after a 3,2 vs some characters, but only at super close range. Other characters can only be hit by 3 xx MB up shoulder, and that's also highly specific to how close you are. How close you are meaning all up in their ass. Versus many characters (maybe all, not sure), jump in attack > 3 xx MB up shoulder will whiff. So it's pretty much only an available option off of one mid 12f attack, at super close range. If you're doing it off a raw 3 it's hardly a pressure tool, because MT is high and there is a massive gap before the MB shoulder.

It's still an option, one that results in very solid damage. But it's a pretty limited tool as of right now.

to be honest i think this combo is stance specific. was trying it on a few characters and it looks like its based on which leg is sticking out. and as for this combo, it doesnt work midscreen against female characters :(
i just tried it on catwoman and batgirl

EDIT; LOL!! apparently it works on wonderwoman. might be because she so tall

EmoScoobyDoo

Maybe I'll have something to say ... Probably not
Heres a video showing some of her BnBs.
Theres no new combos its more for people wanting to pick up the character
The 50% in the corner (B22~WE2,B1~WE3,B1~WE3,B1~WE3,F13~MC) is not in it because I havent been able to get that one down yet
Notations included in video

CamRac

Noob
Heres a video showing some of her BnBs.
Theres no new combos its more for people wanting to pick up the character
The 50% in the corner (B22~WE2,B1~WE3,B1~WE3,B1~WE3,F13~MC) is not in it because I havent been able to get that one down yet
Notations included in video

Good vid. Have you thought of putting in just B22~WE2,B1~WE3,B1~WE3, F13, F13, F13? That one's pretty easy and does something like 41%-44%(?).

Swoops

Noob
to be honest i think this combo is stance specific. was trying it on a few characters and it looks like its based on which leg is sticking out. and as for this combo, it doesnt work midscreen against female characters :(
i just tried it on catwoman and batgirl

EDIT; LOL!! apparently it works on wonderwoman. might be because she so tall
Could be, it definitely seems to have an effect on some of the characters I'm testing it against. Against characters like catwoman though I can't get 3 xx MBup shoulder to hit whatsoever. F1 xx MP up shoulder is very consistent however, so that's nice. I might start to use that more as it leads to 37%. Still it starts off a high so it's limited to punishing and frame traps.

From the general discussion thread:

I'm not sure if everyone is aware of this, but 32MTupshoulder only whiffs on KF, Raven, Hawkgirl, Harley, and Catwoman. For Catwoman, there is no form of upshoulder that will work on her using 3 as a starter. However, for the rest of the women, 32MTupshoulder can be replaced with 3MTupshoulder. You can still get 48% too off of 1 meter. When hit confirming 3MT, hold MT until you see the 3 confirm then release and complete the combo. This way if opponent does block 3, you can still back dash by holding the MT. It can be hard to react to, so prolly best used as a punish. 32 is much easier in that it allows you that extra time to see the confirm.

I have not tested Batgirl, but I'm sure 32MTupshoulder will whiff on her. Not sure if 3MTupshoulder can be used tho. Goodnite!

___
Could be, it definitely seems to have an effect on some of the characters I'm testing it against. Against characters like catwoman though I can't get 3 xx MBup shoulder to hit whatsoever. F1 xx MP up shoulder is very consistent however, so that's nice. I might start to use that more as it leads to 37%. Still it starts off a high so it's limited to punishing and frame traps.

This is F1 business as a starter is interesting...

imblackjames

Ive seen the leprechaun
I don't think i saw this in here but i didn't read all of this lol

ji2, 1,2,3,4,1,2, mbmc 36%

ji2,1,2,3,4,2,4, super 45%

Corner
ji2,2,2,mc,d1,d1,d1,d1,d1, super 50%

TurboTaco

Mexican street vendor
I'm not sure if this has been explored yet but I was trying out her b2,2 midscreen and noticed if you do a MB MT and whiff the mace but connect with the up shoulder you can pop them up for a combo. Unfortunately im terrible at combos but if someone could look at it and see if there is any damage to gain from this.

JJParker

Noob
Here is a mid screen combo that does 37% with no meter but involves bouncing off of an interactable object.

123, b3, ji2, 1 interact, ji 3 MC