What's new

Video/Tutorial "Insurance paid up?" HawkGirl BNB's (List/Videos)

I wasn't exactly sure where to talk about this, but I figured since it deals with execution, I'd put it here. On occasions when I'm doing B1>WE3 loops where B1 comes out but not the WE3 and I believe I've executed WE3 quick enough, I have noticed that if I do B1 and then the input for WE (notation 214) and hold back then press 2, I get it every time. This has allowed me much greater consistency with these combos. Hopefully this can help someone else also. :)

Note: Release check is off

HushoftheWind

When's GGA!?
I'm not sure if this has been explored yet but I was trying out her b2,2 midscreen and noticed if you do a MB MT and whiff the mace but connect with the up shoulder you can pop them up for a combo. Unfortunately im terrible at combos but if someone could look at it and see if there is any damage to gain from this.
dude i cannot connect that up shoulder after that b2,2 mbmt whiff, what characters are you doing this on?

TurboTaco

Mexican street vendor
dude i cannot connect that up shoulder after that b2,2 mbmt whiff, what characters are you doing this on?
I was tried it on Harley, Joker, Doomsday and Nighwing. It him all of them. However when trying it multiple times, I've found Hawkgirl does the forward shoulder charge rather than the up shoulder charge. I don't know what causes this.

JJParker

Noob
I was tried it on Harley, Joker, Doomsday and Nighwing. It him all of them. However when trying it multiple times, I've found Hawkgirl does the forward shoulder charge rather than the up shoulder charge. I don't know what causes this.
She does the forward shoulder charge because you are not pressing up +mb at the correct time.

JJParker

Noob
I find it easier if you press up as 2 inputs instead of just holding up.

Also i would like to see a video of this combo because the training dummy always blocks my shoulder charge.

regulas

Your Emporer
Generaly the most effective method is to fire the Mace Toss, and then press up MB at the moment she releases it. Takes a lot of practise to get down pat, but you can use this also to do forward MT with up shoulder as well, and this allows for more combo's and is the only way for HG to get good mid-screen combo damage. Downside is it is not viable online because the timing is too tight.

Oh? When lol

Im not a combo thief ;_;

not saying you are lol, i think if you go to thru a few pages on this thread or another bnb list for hawkgirl. there might a combo listed as a 50% meterless corner combo. i think from starting 32 42 MC F13 into b1 we3 etc. not sure how exactly it goes.

Reactions: Tan

Miss Kanzuki

*KANZUKI GOON SQUAD*
not saying you are lol, i think if you go to thru a few pages on this thread or another bnb list for hawkgirl. there might a combo listed as a 50% meterless corner combo. i think from starting 32 42 MC F13 into b1 we3 etc. not sure how exactly it goes.

Hmm that sounds about right ....But I can never connect B1 with WE3 so thats why I do f13 because I can just "piano key" it lol

And another thing....... the BnB 3,MT MBu, B3, ji2, 32, MC can now tack the MB on at the end making the combo now do 49% instead of just settling for the 45% without the MB.

I've been messing around with this new MC MB and while, you can't cancel it into trait like you used to, there are some combo extensions now, because you recover so fast after the MC MB.

This also opens up juggles in the corner.

F12, trait (move down and forward a bit), Flying 12, MC MB, land, 32 MC MB. 51%

Not too shabby.

TimTim

Don't Hate
Has anyone updated the OP?
Or at least can someone give me the best combos from each starter? (Best meaning most damage without sacrificing practicality.)

Reactions: Tan
You can actually do f11~Trait, flying 12 XX bf2~MB, [f13]x4 for 51% and save the second meter.
Or (since I can now MC MB trait thanks to M2dave) you can do......

F11, trait, flying 12 MC MB, f13 MC MB trait 2d3 for 56%

Uses an extra bar, though.

(corner) F11~trait~flying 12MC, land, F13 32 MC MB~trait~2d3. 54% One bar of meter.
F11~trait~flying 12 MC MB. 34% (It ain't aquaman but it's an improvement)
d1~trait~flying 2 MC MB. 27% (It ain't aquaman but it's an improvement)

And these combos aren't whiffing like the MC MB did before.

RunwayMafia

Shoot them. Shoot them all.
*Just sifted through the last 2 or 3 pages and I have a whole page in my notebook with combos to update the OP with...awesome job my Hawklings...