What's new

Video/Tutorial "Insurance paid up?" HawkGirl BNB's (List/Videos)

Could be, it definitely seems to have an effect on some of the characters I'm testing it against. Against characters like catwoman though I can't get 3 xx MBup shoulder to hit whatsoever. F1 xx MP up shoulder is very consistent however, so that's nice. I might start to use that more as it leads to 37%. Still it starts off a high so it's limited to punishing and frame traps.
Hey Swoops, how exactly are you getting this to work? Like F1 to upshoulder?

Swoops

Noob
Hey Swoops, how exactly are you getting this to work? Like F1 to upshoulder?
It should work at any range f1 connects. Just hit F1 and buffer into db+1 as fast as you can. Right around the time when the actual mace comes out from mace throw, slam on up and MB. That should give you the up shoulder without actually throwing the mace upwards. Hope some of that helped :D.

Oh and by the way, you can still cancel into fly after MC MB. The MB drops you so fast though that even if you cancel into fly, HG is so low that her fly animation is immediately cancel by landing. If you hold up, she'll stay in fly.

Miss Kanzuki

*KANZUKI GOON SQUAD*
RunwayMafia which of those combos are hit-confirmable in the op and with what? Im only asking because you mentioned that you were editing the op soon so maybe a section of all that are also hit-confirmable can be listed for reference ???? :)

PPJ

()
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
try not to abuse f13 in corner combos, it scales pretty bad
b1~evade 3 is the same but to a lesser extent

HushoftheWind

When's GGA!?
Has is already been discussed that to do HG more damaging mid screen combos ie 32 starters, you have to be opposite stance of your opponent to land them?

Just practice the MC MB~trait. If her wings flutter before she lands, that means you used the right timing. It looks like the animation from a fly-> fly cancel AKA you pressed trait twice from standing.

Once that's down, as soon as you press trait, hold up. You'll start to fly but starting from about as low to the ground as possible.

Once you get that down, mashing the 2D3 is the rest. It'll come with a little practice. If someone like me can do it, anybody can do it.

RunwayMafia

Shoot them. Shoot them all.
Just practice the MC MB~trait. If her wings flutter before she lands, that means you used the right timing. It looks like the animation from a fly-> fly cancel AKA you pressed trait twice from standing.

Once that's down, as soon as you press trait, hold up. You'll start to fly but starting from about as low to the ground as possible.

Once you get that down, mashing the 2D3 is the rest. It'll come with a little practice. If someone like me can do it, anybody can do it.
I think I just landed it...44%?

SN64

Noob
Fly up after the MC MB~trait. It should give you enough room for the 2,D3.

I'm not having a problem getting the flying 2d3 to come out, but that they hit the ground before the d3 can hit them. I can get the d3 to connect no problem if I omit the 32 from your combo, though. That's why I was curious if it might possibly be character specific or just super strict timing.

I'm not having a problem getting the flying 2d3 to come out, but that they hit the ground before the d3 can hit them. I can get the d3 to connect no problem if I omit the 32 from your combo, though. That's why I was curious if it might possibly be character specific or just super strict timing.
Hmmmm.... well I do most of mine on DS so I may have to double check.......

Yeah, you're right. It ain't going. Let me see if it's just DS.. Shit it doesn't work on him either.

OH! I did it on the Flash! Lemme check.......... Yeah, I can do it t him. Must be character specific then? Ugh.
Time to go around the character select screen.

PPJ

()
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
Well yeah, but what else do you want to use at the end of her combos?
And 40% off we2 b1 we3 b1 we3 f13 f13 f13 isn't that bad for harsh scaling.
Gee I dunno, instead of those ugly f13 triplets try something like 123 3~macecharge for 43% or f1 123 31b2 for 42% and great + frames on hit allowing for setups

anyways, here's an updated meterless corner combo off of 112:

112 3~WE3 b1~WE3 f1 123 32b1 - 49%

corner 1 bar off of standing 3:

3~ex upmace 3~WE3 b1~WE3 f1 123 32b1 - 58%

Been trying to connect another combo I landed once on Batman.......

F11~trait~Flying12 MC MB, 32 MC MB~trait~2D3. 58%.

But it's tough to get that 32 to link after the MC MB.

Also.......
(corner) F11~trait~flying 12MC, land, F13 32 MC MB~trait~2d3. 54%
This doesn't work on everybody. But this does......

(corner) F11~trait~flying12MC, land, F13 32 MC MB~trait~1D3. 53%

Ok. I got it now.

(corner) F11~trait~flying12MC, land, F13 32 MC MB~trait~2D3. 54% one bar

- works on everyone. The problem is the timing is kinda tight. The way I remember it, is if you're at the F13 32 portion of the juggle, and the opponent is at face height during it, then the rest of the combo will connect. BUT if you're at the F13 32 portion of the juggle and the opponent is at shoulder height or below then it won't connect and you should switch the ender to 1D3. It's only a 1% change so do what you feel is easier.

Also........

(corner) F11~trait~flying 12 MC MB, land, 32 MC MB~trait~2D3. 58% two bars.

- works on everyone. But again, the timing is tight. After you land from the MC MB, the 32 is a tough link. BUT vs the big boys (DD, Bane, Grundy, Lex, and for some odd reason, Sinestro) it's WAAAAAAAY easier to connect the 32 after landing.

(corner) F11~trait~flying 12 MC MB, land, F13 MC MB~trait~2D3. 56%. two bars.

- works on everyone. Much easier vs characters other than heavies.

Gee I dunno, instead of those ugly f13 triplets try something like 123 3~macecharge for 43% or f1 123 31b2 for 42% and great + frames on hit allowing for setups
WE2>B1>WE3>B1>WE3>123>MC=42% Moderately difficult to execute

WE2>B1>WE3>B1>WE3>F1>123>32B1=42% Difficult to execute

I'd have to disagree as a result of risk vs. reward. Yeah, you can get 42% off those combos, but I don't see them as being practical due to the links. If you jack up your height on the B1>WE3 loops in the slightest, you're done. I wouldn't risk dropping a whole combo to do 42% instead of 40%, especially in a serious match. Also, with WE2>B1>WE3>B1>WE3>F1>3>F1>3>WE3 for 40% you still have time for setups. I believe this is the ideal combo off WE2 corner confirm. Btw, both combos do 42%.

Has is already been discussed that to do HG more damaging mid screen combos ie 32 starters, you have to be opposite stance of your opponent to land them?
I was testing this out and I don't believe it to be consistent. Its not guaranteed you'll land 32MTupshoulder if you're opposite stance of your opponent. I believe its just purely spaced dependent (i.e. as close as you can be).

Jon Berg

Noob
I was testing this out and I don't believe it to be consistent. Its not guaranteed you'll land 32MTupshoulder if you're opposite stance of your opponent. I believe its just purely spaced dependent (i.e. as close as you can be).

I dont know why people mess around with 32 MTupshoulder at all. Just doing 3 MTupshoulder does like 1% less in th grand scheme and is infinitely more lenient in distance.

Boodendorf

Bird woman!
I dont know why people mess around with 32 MTupshoulder at all. Just doing 3 MTupshoulder does like 1% less in th grand scheme and is infinitely more lenient in distance.
32 should be used only against big hitbox chars (ie: grundy), because doing 3 mt mbu won't let you do a b3 after on big chars.

regulas

Your Emporer
For the already posted combo's: 3~Mace Toss(MB) *up shoulder* B3, JI2, 123, F1~MC=46%

For the life of me I can't ever land that B3 after the up shoulder. Maybe 1 in ten times... instead I've conceded and started just doing 3~MC, it's still 38% and is as hard to miss as the B3 is to hit.

On the upside it's given me lot's of up shoulder practise.