What's new

Injustice's Breaker System, "Clash System" Explained

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
This game is either going to completely change fighting games as we know it.....

Or be a gimmicky piece of shit. Honestly the latter is looking more likely. Sigh

shig

kool guy
sounds like a really cool thing in theory, but im afraid it will break the pace too much and shifts into this weird guessing game stuff

Dizzy

False Information Police Officer
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
So if you have 2 bars and about to die, your opponent has max, you break yet it won't prevent your death because he will "bet" all his meter? That'd suck if true, lol.

Its so unique that I will have to see it in action to fully grasp how it works. You know those gaming journalists love to leave out important details too.

John Grizzly

The axe that clears the forest
I guess this will be a wait and see type of thing, but right now, on paper, it sounds fucking stupid. Simply because it's going to get soooo old watching the cinematics every time someone breaks. And I wonder how your bet will be concealed from the other player?

Change isn't always a bad thing, but look at what happened when they tried to make MK a 3D game. That shit sucked.

Ninj

Where art thou, MKX Skarlet?
Fatalities are still exciting to watch after the 3rd time.

Enforced cinematic moves where you cut away and have a short conversation before charging at each other will be enthralling. Every single time.

It sounds short, too. No disrupting the flow of the fight.

A+

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
And they are tailoring this toward EVO? Get the fuck out of here with this shit.

I'm still buying it, but this sort of thing is not for serious touranments.

Rathalos

Play Monster Hunter!
I wish they would just not have breakers honestly.
You have two life bars in one round now, a 40-50% combo isn't exactly the end of the world.

Ilthuain

Lost in a labyrinth of egoism
Strange! Awesome!

I'm not a fan of orthodoxy, so this game is sounding more exciting every day. Even if it doesn't change the face of fighting games forever, at least they're trying something new.

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
That makes no sense, and not comparable in the least.
The point is... this is different than the normal breaker system and people in here are all "wtf?!".

Same as back to block is different than the block button.

If we are expected to give back to block a chance, others can be expected to give a new breaker system a chance. Same thing man.

DragonPick

I don't play Runescape
The point is... this is different than the normal breaker system and people in here are all "wtf?!".

If we are expected to give back to block a chance, others can be expected to give a new breaker system a chance. Same thing man.
I think most people are definitely giving it a chance. Difference is that Back to block is familiar since it is featured in many other games and there shouldn't be too much worry about it. This Luck Based Breaker though is hard to compare to anything before.

I'm definitely giving a chance, but it's still odd

Wildabeast

The Bat in the Hat
So you should never go for a breaker if your opponent has a meter advantage. Eh... It sounds interesting I guess but also seems like over complicating what should be a rather simple mechanic.

The meter management and breakers were one of the things MK9 got completely right, this is one thing that I think NRS really shouldn't mess with but hey I'll give it a chance.

AYSAMO

Noob
although I think this is stupid, it's better then "Breaker win decided by how fast you mash buttons".

Rathalos

Play Monster Hunter!

Back to block is not different though, 95% of fighting games use it.
The breaker mechanic itself is not bad, its just the long ass animation that is fucked up.

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
Back to block is not different though, 95% of fighting games use it.
The breaker mechanic itself is not bad, its just the long ass animation that is fucked up.
This is to you and DragonPick since I don't feel like quoting both.

I'm willing to bet most of the people who were complaining or voicing concerns or what have you about back to block were b/c IT'S DIFFERENT TO THEM. Doesn't matter whether it's in other fighters or not. If you've never used a breaker system like this, you'd think "wtf" the minute you saw it as well, whether it was the norm in other fighters or not.

I guess I'm saying, I'm gonna attempt to give back to block a chance. People can attempt to give this breaker thing a chance.

ALTHOUGH, IMO ... seems like it would get old constantly having that word exchange and clash animation throughout the fight.

Beast3

Theres No Escape
Don't know if this was said or not, but what happens to the loser of the break, what happens to his meter? Does it go away if his opponent outbet him, or does he get to keep it because the opponent got the damage but lost all his/her meter?