What's new

Injustice's Breaker System, "Clash System" Explained

Deftonesrc

Electrical Engineering bitch!
It sounded like there were normal breakers as well, and that this is like a defensive equivalent of the X-ray attacks in mk. If that's the case, I think it will work. Watch that recap from day 2 video, boon says there are breakers AND this system

TotteryManx

cr. HP Master
Clash is the only thing that concerns me...it's so huge it can make or break the game. At least from the explanation in the article and what Boon said.

Rogue_Scrambles

Fear Burns Bright
Boon also said that he doesn't want this "super breaker" to be used frequently in a match, so I guess they're going to implement it so its a sort of trump card/last resort sort of thing, which I guess would be more balanced

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
Boon also said that he doesn't want this "super breaker" to be used frequently in a match, so I guess they're going to implement it so its a sort of trump card/last resort sort of thing, which I guess would be more balanced
Or it could be used like a Marvel X factor where you only get to use it once in a match, and how much meter you have determines how useful or powerful it will be.

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
I really like a lot of the concepts in this game, I mean people are flipping out but the fact is that this game is looking very unique, which I like.

Just to clarify, this isn't even set in stone. They just used it as a breaker for reasons to provide a Demo for E3. The mechanics of this will 100% be changed and it probably won't even be integrated with a Breaker or changed to the point where it's not a prolonged event.

Boon and his team is well aware players can use this after filling 1/4th normal meter and do not want players to be using it a bunch of times in a match and disturbing the flow.

If you read this article, it explains in great detail a lot of your concerns on the game mechanics.

http://e3.gamespot.com/story/6381300/on-the-mechanics-of-injustice-gods-among-us

RiBBz22

TYM's Confirmed Prophet/Time-Traveler
So if you have 2 bars and about to die, your opponent has max, you break yet it won't prevent your death because he will "bet" all his meter? That'd suck if true, lol.

Its so unique that I will have to see it in action to fully grasp how it works. You know those gaming journalists love to leave out important details too.
Ya I was thinking the same exact thing...if you are down in meter at the end of the match you basically have zero chance to break out of a combo.

Flagg

Noob
I think this needs to be shown in some beta test.

I'd like this game to be cool. The characters look cool. I dont want this to be bogged down with gimmicks.

smokey

EX Ovi should launch
I hope combo damage reaches respectable levels at best with 0 meter, but can get very daunting if you have more bars, thus forcing your oponent to use his meters to counter-break you will mean you still save yourself some health because his combo can no longer extend as high, if that makes sense?

That will hopefully mean that when you have a life lead and a meter lead the opponent can still turn the tables, or you could bluff him and let him break only to pool your own meter for a seriously damaging follow up, should you catch him.

Game seems good to me so far, hope theres no x factor mechanic coming though, and by god if they put on disc DLC they are digging their own graves.