What's new

Injustice with an "FADC" maneuver

Killphil

A prop on the stage of life.
I'm still a bit confused by this.

I understand adding armor to naked f3/b3's (like Focus Attacks from SSFIV), and I understand comboing into ff3/bb3 in order to add a wall bounce to continue your combo or combo into a stage transition. I don't really get why you would want to burn 2 meter to do this on block, though. Is it just to cover extremely unsafe normals?
Or use block advantage to continue pressure. But yes, you have it right.

Rathalos

Play Monster Hunter!

I understand adding armor to naked f3/b3's (like Focus Attacks from SSFIV), and I understand comboing into ff3/bb3 in order to add a wall bounce to continue your combo or combo into a stage transition. I don't really get why you would want to burn 2 meter to do this on block, though. Is it just to cover extremely unsafe normals?
Only real use I see out of it is to catch people who are too poke happy, and armor through their counter poke.

Keep in mind that there are strings that can be ducked and fully combo punished (reo's vid explains this). This offers as an option to bait that poke to combo them instead. :cool:

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Administrator
Premium Supporter
Keep in mind that there are strings that can be ducked and fully combo punished (reo's vid explains this). This offers as an option to bait that poke to combo them instead. :cool:
But ducking a string causes it to whiff. You can't armor a whiffed normal, can you?

Just for the Record: I was just Referring to it as an FADC as an example from the mechanic in SF4 that has the same principal behind it. Many of you are missing the bigger picture regarding meter management in this game because you are still stuck in the mortal kombat way of doing things. Having an extra bar of meter is a big difference in the meter management metagame (MMM) for Injustice. Especially since meter builds at a freakish pace, breakers aren't at the cost of meter and can only be done once per game in the final round, and to top it all off, even if you are caught in a clash, you can chose to not wager anything and you wind up keeping your meter and your health while you are at it (Remember that because you don't have to bet if you don't want to). In using this tactic during a string, you can tag an opponent that's pressing too many buttons when they should be just blocking, and if they are just blocking, you can mix it up in 3 ways: Surprise them with an overhead if they keep blocking low, dash away and use the armor to absorb the counter attack to be safe, or you could do it to have them block the attack, and leave yourself at a +7-+8 advantage to continue your offense. EITHER WAY YOU WIN SCRUBS! If you are on the receiving end however, remember you can use your meter for defensive measures as well, such as using one bar for a push block, which I personally have found to be extremely handy. Some of you need to explore every aspect of this deep game other than just "how much damage can this combo do" if you want to succeed. And that goes for every fighting game mind you. Either way, I wish I could have a way to record this and show it in detail.

Axel_Redd

Vampire Jesus....he wants YOUR blood now!!
wait i thought u couldn't cancel if it makes contact....only before, im confused x.x

Axel_Redd

Vampire Jesus....he wants YOUR blood now!!
also if u dash cancel the ff mb even if ur at +8 normally u cant cancel the dash into an attack so how can u possibly continue ur offense? :(

wait i thought u couldn't cancel if it makes contact....only before, im confused x.x
I'm talking about ff+MB during a combo. I thought you could bait someone into poking out of a string but when you duck, it whiffs, and you can't do a "ff+MB" or bb+MB on a whiffed move.

For a regular armored bounce B+3+MB or F+3+MB, you can cancel it. :D

Mt. Mutombo

Asshole by nature
2 Bars is an awful lot to gamble, then again, people are pretty poke happy.

So are you sure a FF/BB RT has armor like a meter burned F3/B3? I haven't really messed around with them much.
This isn't MK anymore, we get 4 bars now, i think it's totally acceptable. The one thing that might hinder its use is the stupid wager mode...

And this isn't SF either, it shouldn't be fadc.

BDC anyone?

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Administrator
Premium Supporter
So if you MBDC, do you retain your armor during the dash? So like b3+meter-ff would result in an armored dash?

Zyphox

What is going on guys, Ya Boi Zyphox here.
So if you MBDC, do you retain your armor during the dash? So like b3+meter-ff would result in an armored dash?
no just tested it holding down batmans 11 string completely negates this, video up soon. if you get hit with 1 hit that your okay, but during a string, or trying to interrupt one will be difficult, or impossible.

Zyphox

hopefully they fix this in the final build, armor f3/b3 dash forward is useless, i held batman's 3 with turbo and i absorb the hit and cancel and dash forward and cant do anything because of dash recovery speeds. video shortly

IrishMantis

Most humble shit talker ever!!!
You can catch them with the 2,2, but its extremely hard to do
hopefully they fix this in the final build, armor f3/b3 dash forward is useless, i held batman's 3 with turbo and i absorb the hit and cancel and dash forward and cant do anything because of dash recovery speeds. video shortly

Zyphox

You can catch them with the 2,2, but its extremely hard to do
lol i tried 11 6f, after my dash cancel, i couldn't even attack with a 6 frame starter before my sticks turbo hit standing 3 twice on me for 14 damage and being plus 10 on hit afterwards, imagine trying to "fadc" a combo string? when you see the video you will know what i mean, in order for this tactic to work, the dashes in this game nedd to be either 1. cancelable or 2. shorter and faster. just got all my test footage, editing now.

IrishMantis

Most humble shit talker ever!!!
Cool man i see then, but the 6 frame is possible, i think if you press it too early you go into Frame stun,
BTW im doing this with Batman i should of said before