What's new

Injustice with an "FADC" maneuver

Yo, This game has some Focus Attack Dash Cancel (FADC for you street fighter heads) stuff that I don't see people using. Choose a character, then cancel a normal into FF or BB, R2, then dash away, dash towards, or to commence with either the stage transition/wall bounce or the overhead. This costs 2 bars of meter and can be done on block and on hit. The Armor will prevent you from being hit on both the attack and or the dash away. However, with the cost, I highly recommend doing this during the first health bar and or after you and your opponent have used your clashes (so you at least have enough meter for those wager situations). This is a legit tactic that I believe adds a level of depth and honesty that no one could have seen come out of NRS. But this is indeed something to invest some time in if you want to take one of those gambles that forces your opponent to respect you. Try this out and give me some of your thoughts on this neat little feature. I suppose that we can call this technique the MBDC (Meter Burn Dash Cancel).

Posthuman

Where's TJ Combo?
Thank you!
ill practice it tomorrow morning :)
also in before it waste 2 bars....
On ssf4 uses 2 bars and 4 bars is a super and you dont see people saving it for supers all the time.

Yo, This game has some Focus Attack Dash Cancel (FADC for you street fighter heads) stuff that I don't see people using. Choose a character, then cancel a normal into FF or BB, R2, then dash away, dash towards, or to commence with either the stage transition/wall bounce or the overhead. This costs 2 bars of meter and can be done on block and on hit. The Armor will prevent you from being hit on both the attack and or the dash away. However, with the cost, I highly recommend doing this during the first health bar and or after you and your opponent have used your clashes (so you at least have enough meter for those wager situations). This is a legit tactic that I believe adds a level of depth and honesty that no one could have seen come out of NRS. But this is indeed something to invest some time in if you want to take one of those gambles that forces your opponent to respect you. Try this out and give me some of your thoughts on this neat little feature.
this is not obscure in any way and a lot of gameplay will be focused around b3/f3 armored or cancelled especially with the backdash invincibility frames.

Explain how to do this to someone who has never played street fighter competitively.
A focus attack in street fighter is a maneuver that absorbs an attack before you dash out of the animation or let the attack fly and it will hit your opponent. Think of the stage transition/wall bounce and the universal overhead as your "Focus Attack" in this game. What happens is if you hold back and heavy attack at the same time and let it go or if you hold it for too long, your attack will come out, but if you dash while you are charging, then you will cancel it and dash forward or away. However, to do this in a string, you have to do Forward Forward, or Back Back R2 or RT, and you will go into one of those animations that will either allow you to use the armor to absorb the counterattack and attack them, or you could use it to dash away and make yourself safe from an incoming counterattack at the expense of 2 bars.

Rathalos

Play Monster Hunter!
2 Bars is an awful lot to gamble, then again, people are pretty poke happy.

So are you sure a FF/BB RT has armor like a meter burned F3/B3? I haven't really messed around with them much.

Jer

I'm a literal Sloth
2 Bars is an awful lot to gamble, then again, people are pretty poke happy.

So are you sure a FF/BB RT has armor like a meter burned F3/B3? I haven't really messed around with them much.
That's exactly what it's like.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Can someone make a video showing what it looks like and how to do it?

I've been using this, and I'm surprised no one has made a video of it yet. ITS GODLIKE. If you make a read on a projectile (like lex's vacuum cleaner) you can use an armored bounce cancel to get a full punish. It's very similar to SF and is pretty deep.

Major props for NRS to putting it in. Just goes to show you that the game is a mix of all games in general. I also use the Armored bounce cancel to dash away from pressure. I'm pretty sure SF players are going to be pretty accustomed to using this feature.

The only drawback is that it can only take one hit. A fast string, or multiple projectiles can blow it up. (example: batmans batarangs)

fr stack

Noob's saibot or noob saibot's?
you can use (down back) or (down forward) instead of (forward forward) or (back back) for fadc's mid string

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
There will probably be a tutorial for everything in the game, but an early video would be nice.

KH_Seraph

ҜømbÄŦ Ħøu&Ŧøπ
The reason why I don't really do this too much is because it uses up 2 bars of meter. 2 Bars of meter for a Kabal EX parry isn't really good use of resources IMHO, even if you do build up meter quite fast in this game.

Posthuman

Where's TJ Combo?
The reason why I don't really do this too much is because it uses up 2 bars of meter. 2 Bars of meter for a Kabal EX parry isn't really good use of resources IMHO, even if you do build up meter quite fast in this game.

This isnt mk9... 2bars of meter to get out of pressure, wif punish and anti-air into full combos with possible HKds for ambiguous cross-ups, high, low mix ups, walk up grab or walk up block to full combo punish their wake-up attacks is more than enough.

cyke_out

Noob
Maybe I'm wrong, but it's only two meters to cancel out of a normal? otherwise a naked armor bounce dash cancel, (ABDC?) only cost's one bar.

Lord Beef

Death Metal and Trance
Maybe I'm wrong, but it's only two meters to cancel out of a normal? otherwise a naked armor bounce dash cancel, (ABDC?) only cost's one bar.
well, the reason it costs two is because you canceling into the f3/b3 out of a string that you may have already dialed out. This allows you to make unsafe strings safe, or to counter a counter attack to a string that has a hole in it, like batmans 113. Say you are doing 113 on block and you get poked before the 3 every time.. Next time, you can do the same string on block, but instead of 113 you can FADC before the 3 and eat the poke with the armor and blow them up with a combo by dash canceling it into another launching string. The cost is the balance for being able to YOLO their counter attempt and combo dat ass

KH_Seraph

ҜømbÄŦ Ħøu&Ŧøπ
This isnt mk9... 2bars of meter to get out of pressure, wif punish and anti-air into full combos with possible HKds for ambiguous cross-ups, high, low mix ups, walk up grab or walk up block to full combo punish their wake-up attacks is more than enough.
I know it's not MK9 but that doesn't change the point of my post. You don't use 2 bars of meter to get out of pressure; You use 2 bars of meter to convert a block string into either an armored B3 or F3 that you can dash out of to continue pressure. It's pointless in doing this though because you can just spend 1 bar while blocking to push the opponent back (Push Block). I would prefer to just convert the string into the overhead or into a wall-bounce if hit-confirmed.