What's new

Injustice with an "FADC" maneuver

cyke_out

Noob
well, the reason it costs two is because you canceling into the f3/b3 out of a string that you may have already dialed out. This allows you to make unsafe strings safe, or to counter a counter attack to a string that has a hole in it, like batmans 113. Say you are doing 113 on block and you get poked before the 3 every time.. Next time, you can do the same string on block, but instead of 113 you can FADC before the 3 and eat the poke with the armor and blow them up with a combo by dash canceling it into another launching string. The cost is the balance for being able to YOLO their counter attempt and combo dat ass
Right, gotcha, so it's what I figured, just like a FADC in SF4, but only can work on normals, not specials. And you can still spend one bar of meter to give you armor on your b+3/f+3 and you are free to cancel it to go through projectiles. setting up more damaging combo's instead of doing the wall bounce.

Skitzo

Noob
I've been using this, and I'm surprised no one has made a video of it yet. ITS GODLIKE. If you make a read on a projectile (like lex's vacuum cleaner) you can use an armored bounce cancel to get a full punish. It's very similar to SF and is pretty deep.

Major props for NRS to putting it in. Just goes to show you that the game is a mix of all games in general. I also use the Armored bounce cancel to dash away from pressure. I'm pretty sure SF players are going to be pretty accustomed to using this feature.

The only drawback is that it can only take one hit. A fast string, or multiple projectiles can blow it up. (example: batmans batarangs)
is that 1 bar?

Lord Beef

Death Metal and Trance
Right, gotcha, so it's what I figured, just like a FADC in SF4, but only can work on normals, not specials. And you can still spend one bar of meter to give you armor on your b+3/f+3 and you are free to cancel it to go through projectiles. setting up more damaging combo's instead of doing the wall bounce.
right, I think you could probably dash cancel into a special, although I am not 100% sure as I have just started getting into this part of it.

MashPotatoTower,
care to shed a little light?

Relaxedstate

PTH|RM Relaxedstate
Does canceling the string with two bars of metter give more block advantage to the normal that was cancelled? Simmilar to Kabals EX-NDC pressure.

For example Kabals F32 ND Cancel, leave him at +3, but if you use meter Kabals F32 EX-ND Cancel leaves him at +7.
For wonder woman 11 leaves her at +2, but 11 FADC (cancel by dashing forward) leaves wonder woman at ??? frames.

It would be sweet if it can add extra block advantage for continued pressure....but even if not it is still good because your opponent should be holding block due to the armor properties of it.

Also, f3 or b3 MB cancel can work like a flash parry I think and that only cost one bar of meter.

Tom Brady ? know anything about this with any character?

Edit: WW f3 and b3 both leave her at plus 7 on block so it seems to be good just to let it rip as it will make an unsafe or interruptible string both safe throughout and advantageous on block... also adding the threat of a potential overhead mixup to keep a lookout for.

KH_Seraph

ҜømbÄŦ Ħøu&Ŧøπ
is that 1 bar?
It takes 2 bars to do. I can see it viable as using this tech to get around 1 projectile, but in the case of like Deathstroke's zoning which eats up armor, it's a really bad waste of meter.

(This is in reference to cancelling a string into wallbounce/overhead- You can use 1 bar to turn a wall-bounce or overhead move by itself into an armored move, and dash out of it)

Skitzo

Noob
It takes 2 bars to do. I can see it viable as using this tech to get around 1 projectile, but in the case of like Deathstroke's zoning which eats up armor, it's a really bad waste of meter.
to blow up zoner's projectiles, you can use one.

ff3 mb xx

It only cost's one two bar to cancel a normal or string, one bar without canceling, here is a video someone else made.
Sick vid! I was making one as well, but your quality makes me vid look free lol. I post it later in the day. If anyone want to see how it works, watch this vid.

fr stack

Noob's saibot or noob saibot's?
y does everyone keep saying ff mb for the wall bounce its f 3 mb afterwards if u wanna dash u can ff . if u ff mb all u get is a dash

Killphil

A prop on the stage of life.
y does everyone keep saying ff mb for the wall bounce its f 3 mb afterwards if u wanna dash u can ff . if u ff mb all u get is a dash
Because string cancelling and doing the wall bounce/overhead naked are different. That video didn't show it at all. Cancelling a string mid combo to do a stage transition or continue a combo is one way to apply the FADC, while using it on block could lead to you either continuing pressure or backing off if that's your play style. That video just showed how to do a naked mb f3/b3 and dash cancel it. It still has its uses, so I'm not knocking on that, but its not exactly what the OP was getting at.

fr stack

Noob's saibot or noob saibot's?
Because string cancelling and doing the wall bounce/overhead naked are different. That video didn't show it at all. Cancelling a string mid combo to do a stage transition or continue a combo is one way to apply the FADC, while using it on block could lead to you either continuing pressure or backing off if that's your play style. That video just showed how to do a naked mb f3/b3 and dash cancel it. It still has its uses, so I'm not knocking on that, but its not exactly what the OP was getting at.
i know lol im aware naked b3 /f3 costs one meter but ff does not work it dashes .... and mid combo meter burn cancels are down forward or down back or i suppose ff or bb ,, but do u not find quarter circle motions easer than forward forward

Lol this thread is epic. The first post is like informative, then as u read on it gets more confusing as people add on extra inputs and defs on what a FADC is lol
if we keep calling it FADC we will have to tell people why it's called that in sf4. It's confusing for incoming players and the MK community. I think in injustice it's called a Heavy Cancel?

During the match exhibition showcase(where if you leave the title screen alone and they start showing gameplay) where Luthor fights Batman, it shows Batman doing it. I was wondering what that was about and I read this thread afterwards. Pretty cool mechanic they added in. although for some reason, the AI Batman did the move and decided to just dash in without no follow up.

Lol this thread is epic. The first post is like informative, then as u read on it gets more confusing as people add on extra inputs and defs on what a FADC is lol
if we keep calling it FADC we will have to tell people why it's called that in sf4. It's confusing for incoming players and the MK community. I think in injustice it's called a Heavy Cancel?
In the menu it's called "bounce cancel" for ff+MB/bb+MB. I'm not sure for the normal "f+3" cancel though. I hate calling it FADC, because althought it's similar, it's a different game. :D

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Calling it a BC or an ABC, for Bounce Cancel/Armored Bounce Cancel.

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Administrator
Premium Supporter
I'm still a bit confused by this.

I understand adding armor to naked f3/b3's (like Focus Attacks from SSFIV), and I understand comboing into ff3/bb3 in order to add a wall bounce to continue your combo or combo into a stage transition. I don't really get why you would want to burn 2 meter to do this on block, though. Is it just to cover extremely unsafe normals?