What's new

Injustice Wakeup System Help

K7L33THA

Grapple > Footsies
I simply do not understand the wakeup system in this game. In MK it was simple, if you go down and they try to pressure you, you do a wakeup attack which they must respect. In Injustice not only can I not get my wakeups out half the time, but even when I do they are stuffed by either a jumpin or pressure string. Sometimes the same move will even seem to have the "MK wakeup invincibility" and other times that same move will get blown up. What is going on?! This is especially blowing me up on 50/50's when I'm down. Is anyone else having a very hard time with wakeups in this game? What are we supposed to do? Backdash? Take the chip and push block? What about low starters vs jumpins? The input window for wakeups seem incredibly tight. And all wakeups except like 4 characters seem shitty. Help.

TheSpore

Nurgle Chaos God of Death and Disease
Understanding the wake ups is on my to do list tonight as well as better understanding punishing tactics, I sahll report my findings to when I finish, but I'm sure someone else will eb able to help before I get back to you

D

Deleted member 9158

I'm having the same issue, they never seem to come out for me. I guess the input timing is much tighter then it was in MK9.

But I'm also just have issues with inputs in general. My execution in this game horrible

fr stack

Noob's saibot or noob saibot's?
have u tried grundys aa grab on wake up
also his ex trait grab is good for waking up
and walking corpse cancel into armour move
ex swamp hands also has armour

Dizzy

False Information Police Officer
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
Grundy and Black Adam.
Don't know shit about grundy (except im sure wakeup walking corpse would work well if they dont jump)

Black adam's lightning cage seems fully invincible. You may be getting the problem that people had in MK9 at first. The window to wake up is different every knockdown. So, you're just not used to the timing and you're either doing it too early (nothing comes out) or too late (special comes out but it is not a true "wakeup" so does not have any invincibility)

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
Grundy and Black Adam.
yea finding the wakeup window can be a bitch at times thats stuff so new.
with grundy though besides walking corpse and its boat load of armor,
the cleaver is invincible on wakeup (not sure if fully invincible for whole move,just started testings last night but it was blowing up meaties) having to MB to make safe is the only bad part

EDIT: K7L33THA ok im comfortable calling it fully invincible on wakeup, just did another quick test there and its eating through DS's MB low shot so i think we're good on that move not getting stuffed

DreadzTsung

"Darkness is the heart's true essence"
Yeah that's the ony thing that gets. Me GREAT GAME OVERALL. wakeup system is fucked tho. Maybe I'm just free. t(-_-t)

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight
the wakeup system isn't fucked. It's more akin to street fighter.

If your move doesn't have "invincible" properties on wakeup, it will get stuffed by meaties.

It will take some time for MK players to learn this. Grundys armor dash startup is slow so it will get destroyed by properly timed meaties. Honestly sometimes the best solution is to just block.

Black adam can do db3 and it works well, but it's his one true wakeup. Everything else he can't do a thing with.

Green Lantern has shit wakeups as well.

DreadzTsung

"Darkness is the heart's true essence"
the wakeup system isn't fucked. It's more akin to street fighter.

If your move doesn't have "invincible" properties on wakeup, it will get stuffed by meaties.

It will take some time for MK players to learn this. Grundys armor dash startup is slow so it will get destroyed by properly timed meaties. Honestly sometimes the best solution is to just block.

Black adam can do db3 and it works well, but it's his one true wakeup. Everything else he can't do a thing with.

Green Lantern has shit wakeups as well.
Nah it's fucked.

smokey

EX Ovi should launch
Black Adam you want to be tech rolling and backdashing, you can see if they tried to input a string on your wakeup and punish with black magic or b2 while they attack the air.

Black magic is like 40% but you cant wake up with it, backdash or techrolling then backdashing creates the space you need.

I dont have issues with Green Arrow or Killer Frosts wake up properties, I just cant get them out consistently like in MK. I dont undertsand the timing.

TheSpore

I am having the same issue as well, I tried like hell last night and I just can't seem to get it out quick enough.

K7L33THA

Grapple > Footsies
I'm kinda getting it. You have to wait much longer to input than MK, like when your character is actually starting to get up. Another thing is don't buffer block, you must be totally at neutral before starting to input the wakeup move. Oh and there are audio cues when to input as Pako told me in a chat. Grundy actually does a little grunt before he starts to get up, thats when I input. But I'm learning sometimes in this game its best to just take the blockstring rather than try to counter it.

TheSpore

I'm kinda getting it. You have to wait much longer to input than MK, like when your character is actually starting to get up. Another thing is don't buffer block, you must be totally at neutral before starting to input the wakeup move. Oh and there are audio cues when to input as Pako told me in a chat. Grundy actually does a little grunt before he starts to get up, thats when I input. But I'm learning sometimes in this game its best to just take the blockstring rather than try to counter it.
Thats good to know, I'm gonna have to pay a lil closer attention to see if any or all the characters have a lil audio cue

ForeverKing

Patreon.com/MK_ForeverKing
Don't know shit about grundy (except im sure wakeup walking corpse would work well if they dont jump)

Black adam's lightning cage seems fully invincible. You may be getting the problem that people had in MK9 at first. The window to wake up is different every knockdown. So, you're just not used to the timing and you're either doing it too early (nothing comes out) or too late (special comes out but it is not a true "wakeup" so does not have any invincibility)
His lightning cage used as a wakeup attack actually does get beat by alot of meaty normals or jumpins