What's new

Injustice - Russian Tournament Footage w/ Chen-Sek, Diametr, Insignis, Aris and KINGusha

shaowebb

Get your guns on. Sheriff is back.
Can you EX the lightning uppercut?
I know EX attacks are kinda weird in this game, there basically brave edges from SC5.

Where his other strings not special cancable?
This. Also can you EX his tatsu (spin kick thing). It looked pretty unsafe normally, but I'm wondering if it could be used in combos if its EX version is any better. That or if it could be canceled into uppercut.

Rathalos

Play Monster Hunter!
This. Also can you EX his tatsu (spin kick thing). It looked pretty unsafe normally, but I'm wondering if it could be used in combos if its EX version is any better. That or if it could be canceled into uppercut.
The tatsu is actually his uh heavy attack, B3/F3 that causes wallbounce/stage transition.

Aris_adapted

Aristotle
I gotta go guys i have a night. I say only one: All specials Of The Flash are definately safe on block except for super move =). Because super move you can punish only super move =) So this is it)

Rathalos

Play Monster Hunter!
I gotta go guys i have a night. I say only one: All specials Of The Flash are definately safe on block except for super move =). Because super move you can punish only super move =) So this is it)
He looks like the poorly animated offspring of El Fuerte and Liu Kang.
His shit needs to be hella unsafe.
colt
What are your thoughts on the flash and what are you guys trying to do with him? He seems kinda weird.

Satan1

Ice Pirate
One thing that I noticed is that the darn PS3 animation stuttering appears to be gone. And that's one of the only good things I noticed.
Just don't like that wager system, it looks so dumb & the animations get boring after a while (bored of the Flash one already :( ... ). If you combine those with the stage transitions & supers and you're looking at a lot of (to much?) pre-rendered stuff.
I really hope that they don't rush the game and take their time developing, I'd rather have it make EVO 2014 instead of '13. All those new game mechanics can make or break this game, so it needs proper balancing and testing. It keeps bothering me that they didn't go for UMK9 or a patch for MK9 in the meantime, and please don't comment that patching is expensive, MK9 made millions...

Like I said, I'm not gonna push any character feedback on NRS on Wednesday.
Please don't! We should be smarter this time around. The first version of the game will undoubtedly be unbalanced, but it's our job to find all of the character specific bullshit. In MK we made the mistake of crying about OP/broken characters, and let characters get unnecessary buffs/nerfs.

GrandMasterson

The Netherrealm beckons
Props to the Motherland for giving us this footage. But.. this doesn't look so good. It looks so stiff and floaty, even by MK standards. Come on NRS animation team, step it up.

And I timed how long it took for a wager cutscene to play out: 9 seconds. Are you kidding me? NRS, please cut that character banter filler nonsense OUT. It's going to get so old hearing each character hurp their durp every time that happens when you just want to get back to the game.

NRS has 6 months until April assuming it doesn't get delayed, so I'm still trying to be optimistic. Hype is diminishing for me, though.

KH_Seraph

ҜømbÄŦ Ħøu&Ŧøπ
Dem Day 1 Flash comboes. Elbow kick-kick, elbow kick-kick, elbow kick-kick, Shoulder charge lol

Looks pretty dumb actually. His other normals aren't useful? =/ Makes the mirror match look like a game of hacky sack.

Rathalos

Play Monster Hunter!
Props to the Motherland for giving us this footage. But.. this doesn't look so good. It looks so stiff and floaty, even by MK standards. Come on NRS animation team, step it up.

And I timed how long it took for a wager cutscene to play out: 9 seconds. Are you kidding me? NRS, please cut that character banter filler nonsense OUT. It's going to get so old hearing each character hurp their durp every time that happens when you just want to get back to the game.

NRS has 6 months until April assuming it doesn't get delayed, so I'm still trying to be optimistic. Hype is diminishing for me, though.

The animation is really just flash, hes worse then anyone in MK9. To top it off his specials and normals advance him forward it looks even more awkward when he walks over people on the ground or jumps completely over them.

I hate him : /

This game is (supposedly) completely different from MK. That means we'll have to develop the metagame from the ground up. It'll take months to really figure this game out. We can't judge the game too much based off our observations of gameplay that isn't even high level. Let's lay off the cries for nerfs until we can. We're not a community that's transitioning from Tekken 6 to TTT2.

You'll get no disagreement from me that Flash's ABC 47% combo does too much damage, but that's about it. Let's not complain about how OP his blockstrings are or the absence of footsies or whatever shit we wanna say. We still know very little about The Flash. We don't even have frame data (likely won't come out until launch, if at all).

Rathalos

Play Monster Hunter!
This game is (supposedly) completely different from MK. That means we'll have to develop the metagame from the ground up. It'll take months to really figure this game out. We can't judge the game too much based off our observations of gameplay that isn't even high level. Let's lay off the cries for nerfs until we can. We're not a community that's transitioning from Tekken 6 to TTT2.

You'll get no disagreement from me that Flash's ABC 47% combo does too much damage, but that's about it. Let's not complain about how OP his blockstrings are or the absence of footsies or whatever shit we wanna say. We still know very little about The Flash. We don't even have frame data (likely won't come out until launch, if at all).
Well the game has some form of ingame frame data, hopefully it shows stuff like how plus or negative something is on block/hit as well as just start up frames.

Damn, looks worse than I thought it would be. The only good thing about these videos are those harley quinn tits.

Invincibeast

Stay Free
People need to stop asking for nerfs and shit before this game is even out (or even been seriously played with for that matter). The fact is we haven't seen everything yet. Not all the characters, moves, stages, etc. This isn't supposed to be MK, its supposed to be new. Sure its lame in the videos that they basically only do one combo over and over, but lets face it, this is not high level play. And yes, I do agree that the wager system looks a bit wonky and takes too much time...but...I havent played the actual game so I can't judge.

Also, anyone complaining about Flash's dash already -> He's the "fastest man in the world", of course he should be able to get in your face in a nanoseconds time (especially from what, like 20 feet away on the screen? lol). Come on people, lets not make the same mistake of bitching about things before we had enough time to try and counter them like we did in MK9. Actually wait for the game to come out and be dissected by high level players first.

I've said it before about this game, but the blockstun is definitely fixed and back to working how it should from MKDA. So impressed by the blocking mechanics. Thank you NRS for listening. This is what MK9 could of been.

EDIT - The camera also extends out the wall near the corners, so corner issues from MK9 looked to be fixed as well.

Flash is also seen with a Kabal f4 reset on his first hit of his 2 hit kick popup.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
Flash looks so unsafe on his mixups. People need to look at the blockstun. It's REALLY fast.

One thing they've done right already is fixing up the recovery speeds.

AssassiN

Noob
What I've noticed is there is another way out of the corner => wager system.
You lose a little life and 2 bars but you have created some space.

shaowebb

Get your guns on. Sheriff is back.
People need to stop asking for nerfs and shit before this game is even out (or even been seriously played with for that matter). The fact is we haven't seen everything yet. Not all the characters, moves, stages, etc. This isn't supposed to be MK, its supposed to be new. Sure its lame in the videos that they basically only do one combo over and over, but lets face it, this is not high level play. And yes, I do agree that the wager system looks a bit wonky and takes too much time...but...I havent played the actual game so I can't judge.

Also, anyone complaining about Flash's dash already -> He's the "fastest man in the world", of course he should be able to get in your face in a nanoseconds time (especially from what, like 20 feet away on the screen? lol). Come on people, lets not make the same mistake of bitching about things before we had enough time to try and counter them like we did in MK9. Actually wait for the game to come out and be dissected by high level players first.
The man has a pretty good point here considering the game is designed with the ability for NRS to implement "Hot Fixes" to it whenever they want. If it releases with something we can't deal with it sure won't stay that way. I was grumping too, and I still like posting my observations on this which is that he needs more recovery on his moves, but whatever.

I won't demand moves be buffed or nerfed. What I would like to demand is some more detailed player vids using other characters though. I'd like to see someone with a build go through each move, show it off, and then show all the EX moves they've found like guys did with MVC3 when it was being made. I still remember all the guys picking through and trying to show all the Dante moves they were finding and it'd be nice if we could get something like that from the studio. Cross your fingers guys and hope for the best because I want to plead HARD for this on Wednesday. If they don't put together something for us then it'll be up to those of us at shows to try to film stuff where they pick through a character a move at a time.

My thoughts from all this...show me more. Oh and Flash is top tier lol.

insignis

Noob
Kingusha and Mr.Riddler studied Flash for 4 days and found lots of things which will be posted by Riddler later.
from my point of view:
a) (elbow-kick)x3+special and (special)x4 were used as the easiest damaging combos (I suffered lack of practice and didn't want to lose because of failing large combos);
b) during Flash's trait duration elbow-kick is infinite and I used it for assured damage;
c) among the others I guess I was the only one spamming Wager because decided to go into defence avoiding 50+% combos which Kingusha actually could perform