What's new

Injustice - NetherRealm Studios sends us Harley Quinn & Bane Alternate Skins Concept Art

CongoFury

Levi Cancel Sorcery
Loving Quinns' alt outfit!
...I think im the only one who is seeing just a little bit of Kiras costume in harleys alt costume. lol.

trufenix

bye felicia
Yeah, you're right. Logic totally has a place in this game.
Logic has everything to do with it. NRS is one of the few developers that actually take the time to explain their games. They have never compromised aesthetic for gameplay to the degree you're suggesting.

Look at the Earth V alt concept in relation to his default concept and how the Venom® tubing is different. If they can move them around and add more they can remove them entirely. It'll work fine with his intro because you'll be mashing A through it every time like the rest of the fighting game world and it'll work fine with his super because it'll just be him pounding his chest then going apeshit... which is exactly what his intro is even if you don't mash through it. Well, pounding his chest then flexing... like he's apeshit. It'd be fine. The Venom® doesn't play much of an aesthetic roll at all. You seriously don't want a DKR costume for Bane because there's a little green flash and background during the start up animation for his super? Really?
Venom is his trait button. The tubes flow and his skin changes every time you hit it. Taking the tubes and buttons off bane would be about as effective as giving WW an alt with no sword/shield on it. The notion that its okay because "some people skip animations" is absurd.

The biggest obstacle to a DKR skin for Bane aside from nonsense licensing drama shat out from the cancerous bowels of American copyright law is that the art department would have to give him 25% of a face.

Or is this on the basis of a costume needing to effect gameplay?

I never know here.
This isn't a question of licensing, its a question of intent. NRS was given relatively free reign to reimagine these characters, and by and large they went with armored New52 touch ups. They want to create their own visions of these characters. DKR Bane is not even the same guy. Maybe NRS will do an alt with that coat and an open mask, but I doubt it. They're not going to just "remove" the tubes, they're not going to reduce his size, and they're not going to give him a stupid accent. It would cheapen both versions of the character.

Vilén

too smart to play MKX
Logic has everything to do with it. NRS is one of the few developers that actually take the time to explain their games. They have never compromised aesthetic for gameplay to the degree you're suggesting.
It's a superhero crossover. I don't care if NRS takes the time to "explain" their games. The explanation will be stupid. Like every comic book ever, like every video game ever. There is no logic of any kind anywhere near this game.

Venom is his trait button. The tubes flow and his skin changes every time you hit it. Taking the tubes and buttons off bane would be about as effective as giving WW an alt with no sword/shield on it. The notion that its okay because "some people skip animations" is absurd.

This isn't a question of licensing, its a question of intent. NRS was given relatively free reign to reimagine these characters, and by and large they went with armored New52 touch ups. They want to create their own visions of these characters. DKR Bane is not even the same guy. Maybe NRS will do an alt with that coat and an open mask, but I doubt it. They're not going to just "remove" the tubes, they're not going to reduce his size, and they're not going to give him a stupid accent. It would cheapen both versions of the character.
Hey you and everyone else, seriously stop acting like the canon of comic books and fighting game should have any basis on gameplay or ancillary bullshit I and a bunch of other people would be willing to spend money on. Going to ignore your remark about what I said regarding people skipping animations because you can't deduce what you should and should not take seriously.

When I ask for a "DKR skin", I did not say "reduce his size and give him a stupid accent." For fucksake dude. Are you sure you're not on the roster? Because you're obviously dense as lead. A DKR skin means "instead of the Bane character model wearing his default, he wears the outfit from DKR", that's fucking it. Put a Venom button on the chest, who the fuck cares? Not fucking me. There's even an obvious place where it would fit:

Because here's the big point: A DKR skin for Bane (really Nolan franchise skins for all the applicable characters) is 100% possible, and considering he was the face of a billion dollar movie produced by the people who made this game (which is entirely extracting money from superhero enthusiasts, not about HAVING A SUPER COOL STORY THAT WILL TOTALLY MAKE SENSE IN EVERY WAY, like you argue it is) possible, I feel like if I ask I will probably goddamn receive. I really don't care if I have to compromise on him glowing green occasionally during a match. Hell, I'd even compromise and say "keep the swag coat on him so people like trufenix can just imagine the venom tubes hidden underneath it", because I'm a nicer, more accommodating man than you are.

...Actually, you know what? Fuck this whole thing. Have fun inaugurating my ignore list as what I'm sure will be the first of many shitsippers who try to tell me the canon of The Justice League of Extraordinary Nonsense should influence my PvP experience in any way.

Rathalos

Play Monster Hunter!
There is also the fact that DKR Bane's costume would look retarded on the Injustice Bane's character model, dude is fucking huge.

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
There is also the fact that DKR Bane's costume would look retarded on the Injustice Bane's character model, dude is fucking huge.
My feelings exactly.

Also, I personally think his DKR mask looks retarded.

I still want his classic skin more than anything:

Though it looks like they might have made him a little too jacked for that as well.

He should have been proportionately big(like Shao Kahn from MK9, or like his classic design) off of Venom, then super jacked after you hit that gimmick button and juice him up(like from that picture up there, to the picture in the original post of his alt). Not only would it have looked cool but Bane wouldn't look as silly, it's one of the reasons I hate his Arkham design, though he's on titan in that game instead of Venom so it's understandable.

My feelings exactly.

Also, I personally think his DKR mask looks retarded.

I still want his classic skin more than anything:

Though it looks like they might have made him a little too jacked for that as well.

He should have been proportionately big(like Shao Kahn from MK9, or like his classic design) off of Venom, then super jacked after you hit that gimmick button and juice him up(like from that picture up there, to the picture in the original post of his alt). Not only would it have looked cool but Bane wouldn't look as silly, it's one of the reasons I hate his Arkham design, though he's on titan in that game instead of Venom so it's understandable.
Dude bane eventually gets super swoll in the comics, like to the point of his arms are bigger than Batman's entire body lol. But i agree that they should have kept his look more simple.

Also Harley looks like she's going to an ICP concert lol.

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
Dude bane eventually gets super swoll in the comics, like to the point of his arms are bigger than Batman's entire body lol. But i agree that they should have kept his look more simple.

Also Harley looks like she's going to an ICP concert lol.

Sometimes I see him and he's on swoll patrol, but other times he looks like the same old Bane.

I haven't been keeping up with recent DC comics and i've only seen glimpses of Bane outside of DKR.

trufenix

bye felicia
Did they ever actually explain why he went with Luchadore as his supervillain personality or was it just like, he's hispanic, must be a luchadore.

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
Seeing as how comic writers and designers handled stereotypes back then i'll go with the latter.

This is one of the few times that line of thought didn't turn out to be shit.