What's new

Injustice is Hold Back to "Block"

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Good thing this isn't an MK game, or I'd be pissed.

DragonPick

I don't play Runescape
Hilariously, over at Shoryuken - where MK is generally dumped on - all of the players in the thread for this same announcement are like hell yeah, I'm actually going to give this game a shot, awesome job NRS!
They hated it before the back to block announcement came around

LesMore

Top 8 Injustice Frosty Faustings VII
3 attack buttons is only two more than divekick which is suck...

Back to block dancing is suck...

All the Shoryuken trolls are going to swarm this game and the forums and that is total suck...

I kind of think this sucks...

BLOCK BUTTON FTW!!!

Wildabeast

The Bat in the Hat
What?! That shit is hella fast. You'd have to be a jedi to react to smokes teleport unless your expecting it by holding forward
You guys are being way too closed minded about this (not to mention once again showing how much of the MK community has never played any competitive fighting games other than MK). Obviously if back to block were ever implemented into an MK game a lot of special moves and other things would have to be redesigned completely.

But this is not an MK game, its a completely different game with a completely different cast of fighters and move sets. The only thing announced so far that should be of concern to anyone is the stage gimmicks and how much of an impact it will have on the overall fighting (and since theres a designated button for it I'm guessing it will be a big part).

Wildabeast

The Bat in the Hat

If you're not into Street Fighter, this won't be that amazing or impressive, but this DOES show an insane footsies battle between two of the best in the world. You can see how they can play a tight and dynamic footsies game. You can see that whenever they're anticipating a fireball or low kick, they simply instantly block with back or down/back. It definitely doesn't impede game flow.
That video just reminded me of something, there better be trades in this damn game! No more player 1 advantage bullshit please NRS.

zaf

professor
I am originally a smash player, so a block button has never been a problem for me. I think i quite favour this tbh

3 attack buttons, 1 button for background attack. Character specific Super Meter. And hold back to block??

Then combo breakers are allowed lol.

Yea, this isnt MK, so the block button shouldnt be used. Good shit, NRS.
Punch, and kick combined or 3 different attacks for each like street fighter?

If you're not into Street Fighter, this won't be that amazing or impressive, but this DOES show an insane footsies battle between two of the best in the world. You can see how they can play a tight and dynamic footsies game. You can see that whenever they're anticipating a fireball or low kick, they simply instantly block with back or down/back. It definitely doesn't impede game flow.
I remember watching this on stream. Amazing everytime. And this is coming from a guy that hates seeing Ryu, but Valle and Daigo... wow.

Skkra

PSN: Skkra
You guys are being way too closed minded about this (not to mention once again showing how much of the MK community has never played any competitive fighting games other than MK).
I'm surprised as well. I know not everyone understands it now, but eliminating the block button will ultimately add depth and also create "truer" footsies.

Anyone who doesn't understand how epic that Daigo/Valle mirror match is, come back to it a year after playing Injustice, and you will have come to realize how godly that footsie and mindgame battle is.

Gengar

Hypnosis > Dreameater (its a reset)
I'll pass. I like mk and sc specifically because there is a block button.

Skkra

PSN: Skkra
They just need to go with lack of proximity blocking. Otherwise strings just wouldn't work. Advancing strings would easily trap you.
I completely support this. I don't think proximity blocking is necessary at all. Tekken works just fine without it.

<F8>

<Insert witty title>
Acceptable for not being an MK game. However if it's 'MK on steroids' like Boon said. I would've rather had that button. This assuming it'll be on the same engine with the same functionality. Hopefully Netherealm Studios hold themselves back from putting that hold back to block button in MK10 ...

Becoming less likely I'll buy this game. Maybe when it's in sales just for shits and giggles. When it turns out it'll appear on PC well then this game can go to hell for all I care ... I would've rather had ; a MK9 port, perhaps UMK9 or an announcement that they're working on MK10.