What's new

Injustice is Hold Back to "Block"

Classically, in back-to-block fighters, one can hold down and back to block while remaining in place (Crouching, however). So not really. It changes footsies for sure, but they're very much intact.

To use a recent example in SF4 play:
You can see the two characters, particularly the vega player, playing a heavy footsie game, throughout whenever the two characters are close. (This is not the perfect example, but it's all i can recall of recently in that game)
Proximity blocking will effect back walking in footsies range. If they throw out an attack it will make you stop walking and block even if the attack doesn't hit.

Tim Static

Adminerator
yeah it really sux imo. its a deal breaker for me. one of my favorite things with MK is the block button. Guess i'll just keep playing MK and more action games and other genres. Guess i should pick up soul calibur after all. Only reason i didn't pick up SC5 was cuz i wanted to wait to see what neatherrealm was up to. I mean the last fight game with DC characters had a block button (MKvDC) so why shouldn't this one.
Well the block button is still in MK, but this game is called Injustice | Gods Among Us. MKvDC had the block button because it was an MK game with DCU characters fighting against MK characters.

Medina4life

Media Master
3 attacks and 1 super button screams mash happy, random and scruby ass hell.

How are you able to make a call like that. Since super is a single button you might have a Marvel situation where you have to down quarter circle forward then the button to activate it.Mk activates its super with pressing two buttons no directional input. That is soooo much more skillful to do. 3 buttons for attacks. that doesn't mean to do a string it's going to be 1 2 3. It maybe like in MK where you have to 3 d1 2. Name 1 string in mortal kombat where you have to use all 4 buttons.... There aren't many. Just because there are 3 buttons for attack doesn't mean it will be a masher. Virtua Fighter has a 3 button attack layout. Just saying

No big deal. Unlike a lot of mk players, back in the day, while I did play a little mk, I got my start with games such as streetfighter and especially killer instinct. I think it'll be pretty fun.

Sent from my LG-US670 using Tapatalk 2

This is on the level of Ignorance when Halo introduced "Class Based" gameplay and "Sprint" and everyone labeled it Cod, or when Gears of War 3 introduced Team Death Match.

Those people complaining are probably the most Casual out of them all, becuase all my friends still played and the games felt like their own entity.

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
This is on the level of Ignorance when Halo introduced "Class Based" gameplay and "Sprint" and everyone labeled it Cod, or when Gears of War 3 introduced Team Death Match.

Those people complaining are probably the most Casual out of them all, becuase all my friends still played and the games felt like their own entity.
Except both of those changes were for the better.

AND ... they had game modes with the classic styles for those that didn't like the new stuff.

I'm happy there is no block button. A majority of fighting games I play have no block button so I'm not bothered and I'm glad to hear its somewhat different from MK9 (I love MK9).

DragonPick

I don't play Runescape
... Probably to be honest.
Like 3, 1, 2 (s), 3, 1, 2 Xray for Reptile... it's gotta be there for some easy peasy character

Rathalos

Play Monster Hunter!
L M H is probably for the best. Allows creativity for normals, and doesn't shoehorn every character into haveing punches and kicks, and when your making a game about comic book super heroes who have crazy fucking powers, its pretty much needed.

KH_Captain

Nightwolf wannabe
i played all fg's while growing up. Street Fighter, SF2, MK, MK2, KI, KI2, VF, whatever fight games were in the arcade i played them. None of them felt as good as having the block button of MK. If it were KI i would be happy and expect back to block only cuz that game is GDLK. but it's not KI its a DC fg coming from company that did MKvDC, MK9, now this should have the block button. I'll probably get it and try it anyway. I'm just a little salty cuz i think it was a bad decision thats my prerogative.

FuzzySlipperz

IN TRAINING
not having a block button i like a god send to me....that means a can actually play real footsies now and cross people up now

always felt having a block button and the massive amount of fuking block stun mk9 has always stopped me from truly loving it over other fighting games .

also people need to stop putting down other fighting game communities... if u dont like a game fine move on. In Fact i suggest everyone play a different fighting game once in awhile.Learning different games will help your overall playstyle as you can inccorporate different things you learn from other games.

lol look at Jwong and more importantly Chris G who is a monster in just about all fighting games

WakeUp DP

GT MK OshTekk.
i played all fg's while growing up. Street Fighter, SF2, MK, MK2, KI, KI2, VF, whatever fight games were in the arcade i played them. None of them felt as good as having the block button of MK. If it were KI i would be happy and expect back to block only cuz that game is GDLK. but it's not KI its a DC fg coming from company that did MKvDC, MK9, now this should have the block button. I'll probably get it and try it anyway. I'm just a little salty cuz i think it was a bad decision thats my prerogative.
NRs wont know how to deal with cross-ups, its gonna be all kinds of fucked up and OP.
Oh and KI1Ae was godlike, KI2 was bad...like really bad lol
maybe not as bad but deff not KI anymore