What's new

Injustice: Gods Among Us -- Who will you "Main" Thread

haha the graphic novel, was a triumph of modern literature...the movie...not so much

I feel like if they decide to add watchmen characters in the game (which again, is very unlikely) it would unleash a shitstorm of epic proportions within the comics community.

Every comicnerd in the world took a collective ragedump on their pants when they announced the "Before Watchmen" prequel (Now in a comic store near you!) because, some legal issues involving Alan Moore aside, they felt like making any sort of spin-off devalued the impact of the original story...imagine if those characters were used in a fighting game!
yeah.. The movie was fucking amazing.

The prequels will be great. The first issue was amazing so yeah.. Whatever.

Your Correct..and that is why we won't see Power Girl in it..we could see Supergirl though
Dude you got alternate versions of flash, green lantern and huntress. At the very least, power girl isn't called super girl and she has a different costume.

shaowebb

Get your guns on. Sheriff is back.
We have a lot of "who would you play IF they made it" sort of threads, but none for who you will main out of who is revealed and confirmed playable already.

So in this thread as characters get revealed post who you are maining and why. Whether you jump from character to character as the reveals pour out doesn't matter in here. Post your main and what it is thats drawing you to them with their playstyle. This thread is where the lines will be drawn and the fanclubs can start banding together and rallying around cast and then setting up their feuds with the crowds intending to main one of their worst matchups. Time for the hype to start early for all the inevitable such moments we will see on the boards after launch over players of certain cast members

shaowebb

Get your guns on. Sheriff is back.
I'm currently torn between wanting to main The Flash or Batman. I'll play everyone of course, but Batman has great zipline mobility, counters, a ridiculously good looking hyper that hit confirms like Smoke's bomb and a butterfly kick that looks like it might overheard. The Flash though has the combo potential of time slowing, great pressure, great lows and an almost instant overhead in his lightning kick. The dash up low is very Cammy like, but looks to have good recovery and his sweep is awesome. Great pressure, great high low, hard to block fast overhead and long combos? So close to maining him, but Batman's got the zoning and counters.

Batman is easier to play against any style, but has worse pressure than The Flash.
Flash has inside pressure, combos, and hard to block mixups once he puts in the pressure, but will suffer against a solid zoner like Cyborg in the hands of a smart player.

Hard to call, but looking like The Flash will be my main out of what cast is shown so far with Batman pulled in against harsh zoning players. Can't wait to see if I change my mind later in this thread after a reveal or two, but for now this is my plan for mains.

Reedoms

Noob
Flash or Nightwing.
I'm mostly going to only main people who I read about so those are the 2 contenders right now.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
Cyborg and Harley.

Bane as #3 if he's in, undecided if he's not.
Waiting to see who rounds out the cast. I've not go get up and go for anyone else in the cast thus far.