What's new

Injustice General Discussion

They need to release more informations :-7
The hype for the game is as deeeeeeeeeeeeeeeead as Wayne's parents.

Well, hype might be there, but there is NOTHING to talk about.

It's kind of funny to me how dead this board kind of gets after the 2nd week of character reveals. Oh well, here's to hoping new stuff gets shown tomorrow. :)

eskuAdradit0

"Thanks" button abuser.
Any news on the following topics:
- Walking back. Exactly how does it work in this game? Taking into consideration that the game uses "back" to block. Is it the same way as in Street Fighter?
- Negative edge and blocking? Will it make me input something I did not want to thanks to negative edge and/or the dial-in system?

DominicanAddy94

I'm on PSN
I have a question, how does knocking an opponent into another arena within the same stage work? Like will it always do it with a specific combo, or does it require meter or something?

Rathalos

Play Monster Hunter!

From Boons twitter.

I still believe swamp thing is making it into the game, the other two though, not so sure about.
Both are pretty cool, but would be weird choices.

From Boons twitter.

I still believe swamp thing is making it into the game, the other two though, not so sure about.
Both are pretty cool, but would be weird choices.
holy crap i hope someone is in injustice. you know if animal man changes it's look when he uses his powers?

Dunno what the reese cups gotta do with anything but animal man would be awesome.

Would not want batwing though. Of all the batman characters they could add, they pick batwing?

shaowebb

Get your guns on. Sheriff is back.
I think Batwing would probably piss a lot of folks off honestly. He's new, relatively unknown and is definitely unestablished in most people's eyes. He'd basically be the poster child for every raving fan of someone else to yell over in roster choice flames later on. Swamp Thing and Animal Man would be a homerun though IMO.

They are both on a hot streak and both are getting noticed by even casuals. Animal Man probably has the funniest sketch comedy shorts on the Cartoon Network DC programming block and Swamp Thing has always sort of been floating around as this legend from yester year. The two have been crossing over for awhile lately (Im still trying to catch up) and their comics feel really unique from most of whats on the market making those that pick them up pretty loyal to the product they offer.

Plus the move set diversity and DC diversity they both offer is huge.

Hoping Batwing is just an alt for some other character that he is teasing to mess around with in the mission mode stories over a full character. If this is about trying to keep the cast from seeming white washed I understand because thats always bugged me about fighters, but there are more established black heroes in DC than this character. Steel, Mr. Terrific, Firestorm, Static, Black Manta, Black Lightning, Vixen, Icon, and currently Young Justice's version of Aqualad all have a very large fanbase already established for them if they are worried about this. Plus they also all offer far more variety to moveset options than Batwing would due to their powersets being so different than anyone currently revealed.

Hoping for Animal Man and Swamp Thing, but viewing Batwing as something they shouldn't try.

shaowebb

I really think if Batwing makes it in (while it will likely be fun and people will enjoy playing him) that they will likely have chosen so offensively to anyone hoping for less "bat" in the game and more DC diversity that it will insight nonstop trolling from that crowd from here on out. Besides, if this really is about trying to avoid the irritating trend of white washed fighter casts they should really just choose Static. He was an icon to a lot of children for being a black superhero for them to grow up with. That had never happened before and he has a really huge fanbase.

I hate the lack of ethnic diversity in fighters and fully endorse their being more diversity in this fighter, but I think Batwing has too many issues with him for being too obscure to folks. Fans of other areas of DC are already in arms over the amount of Batman cast in the roster and this would basically be their poster child to throw around in their rants. If he makes it in it'd be because he had a "Bat" in their eyes. He's just too niche to draw a lot of folks. Casual readers getting their stuff by reading in Books a Million, or Barnes and Nobles won't even know who he is because they've never even carried the series and he doesn't really do crossovers to saturate his presence throughout DC's other series in cameos so that folks become aware he exists.

If they need another Bat character they could do better. If they need more diversity they could do far better. If they need a niche character I think this is doing wrong and he'd just seem picked for all the wrong reasons.

I'm not for him as a choice. Replace him with either Static, a niche character with a longer history, or a Batman character with a larger following.

I think Batwing would probably piss a lot of folks off honestly. He's new, relatively unknown and is definitely unestablished in most people's eyes. He'd basically be the poster child for every raving fan of someone else to yell over in roster choice flames later on. Swamp Thing and Animal Man would be a homerun though IMO.

They are both on a hot streak and both are getting noticed by even casuals. Animal Man probably has the funniest sketch comedy shorts on the Cartoon Network DC programming block and Swamp Thing has always sort of been floating around as this legend from yester year. The two have been crossing over for awhile lately (Im still trying to catch up) and their comics feel really unique from most of whats on the market making those that pick them up pretty loyal to the product they offer.

Plus the move set diversity and DC diversity they both offer is huge.

Hoping Batwing is just an alt for some other character that he is teasing to mess around with in the mission mode stories over a full character. If this is about trying to keep the cast from seeming white washed I understand because thats always bugged me about fighters, but there are more established black heroes in DC than this character. Steel, Mr. Terrific, Firestorm, Static, Black Manta, Black Lightning, Vixen, Icon, and currently Young Justice's version of Aqualad all have a very large fanbase already established for them if they are worried about this. Plus they also all offer far more variety to moveset options than Batwing would due to their powersets being so different than anyone currently revealed.

Hoping for Animal Man and Swamp Thing, but viewing Batwing as something they shouldn't try.
this man. this

shaowebb

So lets see...out of current cast we have:

• Grundy-Slow Chain Grappler
  • The Flash-Dash up pressure expert with long combos
  • Batman-All arounder with good damage who can be used from anywhere in any matchup that has full screen mobility options and attacks off of zipline
  • Superman-Zoner with reset potential and damage off of freeze and command grabs
  • Wonder Woman- Strong combo character with some long range grabs
  • Harley Quinn- zoner with a lot of potential for long combos due to things like her hyper being combo able
  • Cyborg-Mixup expert with strong zoning and good damage though his combos look like they will be shorter. I'm betting he can get resets though.
  • Nightwing-Footsie character with a lot of screen control and long combos. Not a zoner, not a rushdown, but has excellent pokes and control over your options
  • Catwoman-Rushdown pressure character who looks to have some interesting options in her tools
  • Green Arrow-Fast Zoning expert who is hard to read and who can convert off of a LOT of stuff.
Does that sound about right or am I missing the point on some of these? I got to admit I didn't pay attention to the ladies so far since I haven't seen a lot of footage of Harley, WW, or Catwoman yet. They're getting far less play than the rest. Anyhow the sort of characters I think we are lacking in terms of move variety after looking at this are in my opinion:

• Trap oriented character who places screen hazards. This plus stage hazards could make them particularly great at keep away and resets so I'd guess low damage may be needed here.
  • Someone with an in and out grappling game sort of like Vega, Fuerte, or Blue Mary. These are dudes that generally use some good pokes to bait you into AA setups or who punish zoning with low dashes into short combos that start off of grabs. Someone good at this would be nice. Superman sort of fits, but he's too much of a power character to be an in and out style footsie dude like Blue Mary. Basically its a speedster with grapple start combos I'm hoping for.
  • Teleport based mixup expert of some kind. Give them a slow projectile or wall and a teleport and we got someone can really apply pressure and control a lot of folks options.
  • Charge character. Basically someone with stuff like Raiden's Superman move or Bison's psycho crusher who is good at cornering folks, getting away, and punishing.
  • Armored douchebag. Just an overall powerhouse who abuses armor to gain small but big damage combos.

• Trap oriented character who places screen hazards. This plus stage hazards could make them particularly great at keep away and resets so I'd guess low damage may be needed here.
  • Someone with an in and out grappling game sort of like Vega, Fuerte, or Blue Mary. These are dudes that generally use some good pokes to bait you into AA setups or who punish zoning with low dashes into short combos that start off of grabs. Someone good at this would be nice. Superman sort of fits, but he's too much of a power character to be an in and out style footsie dude like Blue Mary. Basically its a speedster with grapple start combos I'm hoping for.
  • Teleport based mixup expert of some kind. Give them a slow projectile or wall and a teleport and we got someone can really apply pressure and control a lot of folks options.
  • Charge character. Basically someone with stuff like Raiden's Superman move or Bison's psycho crusher who is good at cornering folks, getting away, and punishing.
  • Armored douchebag. Just an overall powerhouse who abuses armor to gain small but big damage combos.
in order. captain cold, black canary (she is a judo expert and would be good with grabs) raven can fight while teleporting, um... shazam could charge and throw lighting. and doomsday if he's playable. not very helpful but... i'm bored