What's new

Injustice General Discussion

shaowebb

Get your guns on. Sheriff is back.
I can see Batman using Doomsday in the course of the story as a way to tear down Superman. Doomsday beat Superman to death and given its Batman trying to use contingency plans to take out a world with a rampant Superman on the loose I find it really plausible he'd have Doomsday long since planned for as a possible last ditch tool to try and loose upon Superman to deal with him.

Grundy for chain power grappling and Doomsday for armored power combos. I like this. It'd definitely draw in the 90's fanbase to see Doomsday in a fighting game.

I can see Batman using Doomsday in the course of the story as a way to tear down Superman. Doomsday beat Superman to death and given its Batman trying to use contingency plans to take out a world with a rampant Superman on the loose I find it really plausible he'd have Doomsday long since planned for as a possible last ditch tool to try and loose upon Superman to deal with him.
I think lex could do something like that too. do you think he would ally with batman? i think it was him talking in the a new regime trailer

shaowebb

I think lex could do something like that too. do you think he would ally with batman? i think it was him talking in the a new regime trailer
I definitely see Batman and Lex together. For Batman to win against Superman he not only has to have a believable weapon but a believable army and strategy. You wont get that from "kryptonite ring" by itself. To take on Superman he's going to need every tool that can do him harm which is why I see him having BOTH Doomsday and Lex Luthor on his side by the end of the roster. In addition to this though he would likely recruit those with the most to lose against Superman who would be the hardest to turn to Superman's side. In other words only those who are excessively tied to Batman or villains will most likely be on Batman's side for his army to seem believable enough motivation wise and also to seem desperate enough to make the tension between the two factions call into play enough questions on morality to make it believable when one of Superman's crew tries to justify taking down the God Damned Batman after all they know he has done and tries to do.

A good villain is one who is CONVINCED they are right. For this to work I feel Batman has to pull out the villains and his most loyal to take on Superman and that this fact will convince Superman's side that Batman really is the badguy because he is working with the bad guys.

Final factor that Batman must have to take on Superman besides Lex and Doomsday is magic. Who ever the first major magic user is that winds up in Injustice I feel they will end up in Batman's corner to make his army not only seem plausible and dramatic, but actually believable in its ability to succeed. The worlds greatest strategist and detective, the worlds greatest criminal mind and rival to Superman, the only being strong enough to have proven himself able to beat Superman one on one, and someone armed with magic to make Superman's nigh invulnerable powerset irrelevant.

Its just what makes the most sense to me for this story.

I definitely see Batman and Lex together. For Batman to win against Superman he not only has to have a believable weapon but a believable army and strategy. You wont get that from "kryptonite ring" by itself. To take on Superman he's going to need every tool that can do him harm which is why I see him having BOTH Doomsday and Lex Luthor on his side by the end of the roster. In addition to this though he would likely recruit those with the most to lose against Superman who would be the hardest to turn to Superman's side. In other words only those who are excessively tied to Batman or villains will most likely be on Batman's side for his army to seem believable enough motivation wise and also to seem desperate enough to make the tension between the two factions call into play enough questions on morality to make it believable when one of Superman's crew tries to justify taking down the God Damned Batman after all they know he has done and tries to do.

A good villain is one who is CONVINCED they are right. For this to work I feel Batman has to pull out the villains and his most loyal to take on Superman and that this fact will convince Superman's side that Batman really is the badguy because he is working with the bad guys.

Final factor that Batman must have to take on Superman besides Lex and Doomsday is magic. Who ever the first major magic user is that winds up in Injustice I feel they will end up in Batman's corner to make his army not only seem plausible and dramatic, but actually believable in its ability to succeed. The worlds greatest strategist and detective, the worlds greatest criminal mind and rival to Superman, the only being strong enough to have proven himself able to beat Superman one on one, and someone armed with magic to make Superman's nigh invulnerable powerset irrelevant.

Its just what makes the most sense to me for this story.
makes sense. i wonder what allies superman would get to help him againts the bat. what if the joker tries to manipulate superman and they both are ready to betray the other when they don't need each other anymore? it could be red hood, he is trained by batman himself and knows his methods. i think most of the justice league will stay with him. maybe wonder woman will not choose sides.

Rathalos

Play Monster Hunter!
So far one of the biggest improvements from MK9 to this is how the air game is going to work. Not going to lie, not a huge fan of MK9s overpowered leap frog crossover JIP nonsense, so I'm very thrilled.

Starting with the obvious, everyone now has different jump arcs, and most of them are pretty big floaty arcs. Everyone also has unique jumping normals, I'm sure most characters will still be able to knockdown from a Jump attack, and start a combo, but what does it will be vastly different between the cast.

Then there is also Down 2, which is basically an Uppercut from MK, except they have way less recovery so you can in fact start a combo from them.

Both anti air specials and anti air moves seem to be much more prevalent in this game, with each character having several.

Superman- Anti air grab, air diving punch, air eye lasers, air dash.
Catwoman- Anti air whip, air whip.
Nightwing- Anti air explosion thing, Air kunai downward.
Batman- Anti air grapple, Anti air batarang, KL spin, anti air bats, dive kick, double jump, cape glide, air explosion thing
Cyborg- anti air fireball, anti air sonic canon, both directly upward, and at an arc, Kabal fireball, downwards fireball, grappling hooks.
Grundy- Anti air grab
Flash- Shoryuken
Harley- Anti air gun shot, Air gun shot.
Green Arrow- Normal arrow can be used at an upward arc, straight up, in the air straight, or downward. Anti air explosive shot, anti air arrow barrage, air arrow barrage.
Wonder Woman- Anti air tiara, KL spin, Shoyuken, air dash, air superman, air tiara, air diving punch.

This is all just what I have gathered from watching off screen videos of terrible people, so I have no idea how it will actually work in practice, but so far I'm a fan.

Not really a whole lot to discuss on the matter, I just find it interesting.

shig

kool guy
Grundy has a move where green smoke/miasma comes from the stab holes in his back and that might be an anti air move.

So lets see...out of current cast we have:

• Grundy-Slow Chain Grappler
  • The Flash-Dash up pressure expert with long combos
  • Batman-All arounder with good damage who can be used from anywhere in any matchup that has full screen mobility options and attacks off of zipline
  • Superman-Zoner with reset potential and damage off of freeze and command grabs
  • Wonder Woman- Strong combo character with some long range grabs
  • Harley Quinn- zoner with a lot of potential for long combos due to things like her hyper being combo able
  • Cyborg-Mixup expert with strong zoning and good damage though his combos look like they will be shorter. I'm betting he can get resets though.
  • Nightwing-Footsie character with a lot of screen control and long combos. Not a zoner, not a rushdown, but has excellent pokes and control over your options
  • Catwoman-Rushdown pressure character who looks to have some interesting options in her tools
  • Green Arrow-Fast Zoning expert who is hard to read and who can convert off of a LOT of stuff.
Does that sound about right or am I missing the point on some of these? I got to admit I didn't pay attention to the ladies so far since I haven't seen a lot of footage of Harley, WW, or Catwoman yet. They're getting far less play than the rest. Anyhow the sort of characters I think we are lacking in terms of move variety after looking at this are in my opinion:

• Trap oriented character who places screen hazards. This plus stage hazards could make them particularly great at keep away and resets so I'd guess low damage may be needed here.
  • Someone with an in and out grappling game sort of like Vega, Fuerte, or Blue Mary. These are dudes that generally use some good pokes to bait you into AA setups or who punish zoning with low dashes into short combos that start off of grabs. Someone good at this would be nice. Superman sort of fits, but he's too much of a power character to be an in and out style footsie dude like Blue Mary. Basically its a speedster with grapple start combos I'm hoping for.
  • Teleport based mixup expert of some kind. Give them a slow projectile or wall and a teleport and we got someone can really apply pressure and control a lot of folks options.
  • Charge character. Basically someone with stuff like Raiden's Superman move or Bison's psycho crusher who is good at cornering folks, getting away, and punishing.
  • Armored douchebag. Just an overall powerhouse who abuses armor to gain small but big damage combos.
  • Captain Cold
  • Lex Luthor
  • Zatanna
  • Giganta
  • Black Manta

Giganta seems pretty out of the question. I mean, what, she grows and then you are punching at her shins?

All your other picks are spot-on though. Right in line with my wishlist.
She wouldn't grow so big that that would happen. But for a Wonder Woman enemy is a toss up between her and Circe because there's no way Cheetah's making it in now that Catwoman is in.

shaowebb

She wouldn't grow so big that that would happen. But for a Wonder Woman enemy is a toss up between her and Circe because there's no way Cheetah's making it in now that Catwoman is in.
Why not? Catwoman has the whip gimmick and all but its not like they couldn't do something like Skarlet mixed with Cyrax's throw game for Circe. Cat gimmick is similar, but hers has a LOT of magic and strength to its design and she has done everything from mess with peoples minds from scratches to infect them with lycanthrope. Dash attack that causes stuns could work.

I rule nothing out where WW enemies are concerned. She has too few ...plus New 52 is pushing Cheetah right now and Boon seems to be following New 52 populars pretty hard.

shaowebb

Interesting thing is he could likely be a speedy summon character with his ability to levitate objects. Fill the screen with obstructions and then huck a car.

NapoleonComplex

Worst Injustice Player
If this game is going to be 50% villains, does that mean there are only 3 more hero reveals? Nine of the twelve reveals so far have been heroes

Catwoman fights very differently from Cheetah.

Also, might I remind you that MK is notorious for similar-looking characters with different colors and powers.

Compbros

Man of Tomorrow
Catwoman fights very differently from Cheetah.

Robin, Red Robin and Nightwing all fight differently but they don't all need to be in this game. DC has several superheroes/superheroines with very similar powers but they also have characters with very different powers. Injustice is already going down a "similar" powers/techniques/style thing and having two feline gimmicked fighters/styles on top of Joker/Harley and Superman/Any super girl seems like a wasted slot that can be used for a Zatanna, Booster Gold, Aquaman, Hawkgirl, or any number of different characters.