What's new

Injustice: GAU Balance Suggestions

Y

Punishing back dashes is just you being salty that you can't abuse Zod's backdash in game. And by the way, punishing back dashes is a hard read. Not a reaction. If I'm wrong I'm eating your highest damaging combo AND wasting a bar of meter. If a Flash player constantly hits you with MB LC half screen it means you're super predictable so level the fuck up. Not to mention that there's multiple times when I MAKE THE RIGHT READ in calling a back dash but I just go through the player that back dashes with my LC.

OG Mannimal

OG "OG Mannimal" Mannimal
Wait..... What?

@MsMiharo
@Chaosphere

Raven already has a vortex...... Just no one uses it.

End a combo in 22u1.
They are now in a hard knockdown state.
From here you either j1 to hit in fron or j3 to in back.
Or you can slightly walk forward (without being obvious) then use j1 for front and j2 for behind......

This has been known since day1.

EDIT: From here you can loop this without meter.
If you use the slight walk forward varaiation, after the j1 or j2 lands then you do 334 into 22u1 rinse and repeat.
raven doesnt have a 22u1 string

Blind_Ducky

Princess of the Sisterhood
It's coming from EX Lift in trait. Whiff a normal and you're in a fucked up blender.
It's kind of irritating seeing how little you guys know about the character you're talking about. Raven would only get a standing reset 50/50 in trait and it would be crap. She'd do like not even 20%. The combo would be b12 or b2 mb pull looped. She'd be spending a bar for virtually no damage. The only characters she'd get a vortex on and it mattered would be catwoman & Raven because they have no full invincible wake ups. Out of trait Raven would be able to just end in f2 lift for a hkd and keeping them close & she'd get damage, about 40%. Oh and the whiffed normal thing doesn't apply to Ravens pull.

Chaosphere

The Free Meter Police
Wait..... What?

@MsMiharo
@Chaosphere

Raven already has a vortex...... Just no one uses it.

End a combo in f22u1.
They are now in a hard knockdown state.
From here you either j1 to hit in fron or j3 to in back.
Or you can slightly walk forward (without being obvious) then use j1 for front and j2 for behind......

This has been known since day1.

EDIT: From here you can loop this without meter.
If you use the slight walk forward varaiation, after the j1 or j2 lands then you do 334 into f22u1 rinse and repeat.
Yeah I knew about that. I'm against giving her another one. What if they blocked the j1 or j2 and have to deal with a whole separate mixup within 16/60ths of a second? lol

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
Raven needs a slightly longer d1 not an over head. There's a bunch of shit she can't punish because her d1 is too short.
True indeed. D1 and B1 range is probably the most ass range normals in the game lol. I've whiffed moves at times directly infront of people.

zaf

professor
Because it's crap. If the opponent holds back it won't work. The set up I made is actually a 50/50.
What do you mean? You pick what side you land on based on the air normal or the distant from them. So they still have to guess left or right..

Blind_Ducky

What do you mean? You pick what side you land on based on the air normal or the distant from them. So they still have to guess left or right..
Yeah if they aren't moving. I literally just tested it to make 100% certain I was not wrong about why I stopped using it. It does not work. There is no mix up off that set up. That's why it was abandoned.

SkaGoogle

Tailgates & Tan-lines !
Killer Frost
- Change nothing, fine as is. But if I were to be greedy I would ask for an air dagger and a overhead that can lead into slide.

zaf

professor
Yeah if they aren't moving. I literally just tested it to make 100% certain I was not wrong about why I stopped using it. It does not work. There is no mix up off that set up. That's why it was abandoned.
I know exactly what you are talking about now.
They hold back, and they can get up in time and if they do they just walk backwards so no matter what you always hit in front.
Right. Thanks for clearing it up!

Blind_Ducky

I know exactly what you are talking about now.
They hold back, and they can get up in time and if they do they just walk backwards so no matter what you always hit in front.
Right. Thanks for clearing it up!
Best way to test set ups is to record it and try blocking it. There were a bunch of a set ups I thought I found and they all ended up being crap.

Sami

Noob
It's coming from EX Lift in trait. Whiff a normal and you're in a fucked up blender.
That's a standing reset into 50/50. Unless the subsequent combo (assuming the opponent guesses wrong) keeps putting the opponent in the exact same situation - which Raven can't do due to trait expiring and having no way to regain it mid-combo or do a standing reset without it - it is not a vortex. Unless you are doing tiny combos (which is a waste of meter) then you probably won't even get a second standing reset while the trait is up.

To compare with KF - when she gets going and has meter she can end her combos with MB grab for a guaranteed reset into 50/50. If the opponent guesses wrong then they get hit with a combo that ends with the exact same situation again. If they guess wrong again then the exact same thing happens again. This is a vortex.

Anyway, Raven already has a 50/50 from her standing reset - just jump in and do an ambigious cross-up :)

edit: missed that Ducky has already replied to it

zaf

professor
Best way to test set ups is to record it and try blocking it. There were a bunch of a set ups I thought I found and they all ended up being crap.
Yea I agree. I just didn't stick around long enough with the game to really hit the lab like you did. Good Stuff dude.

I don't know raven, but the sure way to test this is to set raven as the 2nd player, and record the 2nd player doing the set up on you, and attempt to block it. (record the knockdown and the follow up. Then control player one, get knocked down and try to block the set up. According to ducky, they character thats knocked down has enough time to walk backwards and force the cross up attempt into a NON crossup jump in.

zaf

professor
I don't know raven, but the sure way to test this is to set raven as the 2nd player, and record the 2nd player doing the set up on you, and attempt to block it. (record the knockdown and the follow up. Then control player one, get knocked down and try to block the set up. According to ducky, they character thats knocked down has enough time to walk backwards and force the cross up attempt into a NON crossup jump in.
Yea he just got back to me before you did =P
I remember that being a problem, that they could just walk out of it. Just been too long since I played. My bad.
Like I mentioned to him, I didn't stick around long enough to lab that much.