What's new

Injustice at SCR 2014 Hype and Updates Thread

Frantastic23

Best 3rd Strike Player on TYM.
To everybody blaming/bashing KI, it's not KI's fault that someone decided to take away Injustice pools stream time for them. Don't turn into those guys that bash Injustice with 'ResidentSleeper'.. KI matches are still exciting if you like watching the game.

Don't blame the KI community when the decision falls to whoever is dividing up the time.
I agree KI is super hypResidentSleeper

:D:DOGE

G4S Claude VonStroke

@MK_ClaudeVS on twitter
Scheduling the pools stream at a certain time, having an entire stream full of people show up waiting (including some of the game developers), and having them sit there for hours with no word on stream start is an entirely different issue.
One was due to being promised internet and not getting it, then having a backup 4g card but the owner of it had to leave due to an emergency, and then waiting for pigs. Vs having perfect internet and just choosing not to show it. The latter seems worse to me .

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
One was due to being promised internet and not getting it, then having a backup 4g card but the owner of it had to leave due to an emergency, and then waiting for pigs. Vs having perfect internet and just choosing not to show it. The latter seems worse to me .
Yeah I mean, I know the reasons.. But when there's no communication, it just looks to everyone watching as if they're being left to wonder for hours when the stream will start. So you can't expect them not to blow it up.

Frantastic23

Best 3rd Strike Player on TYM.
Scheduling the pools stream at a certain time, having an entire stream full of people show up waiting (including some of the game developers), and having them sit there for hours with no word on stream start is an entirely different issue.
He is saying that it's not fair that everyone shits on Kombatnetwork saying oh they have a shitty stream and had to restart like 10 times but we at least tried to stream all of the pools for injustice and we streamed top16. The stream was dedicated to injustice and all the hype matches and blowups we didn't miss so SCR missing pools is a blow up considering they haven't streamed any of it. Now I'm just going by TYM rules and I don't want to hear shit about excuses. I hate favoritism when it comes to this shit. I'm also waiting on the Winterbrawl stock report but considering no one from the midwest made top 8 I guess we won't see one :DOGE

G4S Claude VonStroke

@MK_ClaudeVS on twitter
He is saying that it's not fair that everyone shits on Kombatnetwork saying oh they have a shitty stream and had to restart like 10 times but we at least tried to stream all of the pools for injustice and we streamed top16. The stream was dedicated to injustice and all the hype matches and blowups we didn't miss so SCR missing pools is a blow up considering they haven't streamed any of it. Now I'm just going by TYM rules and I don't want to hear shit about excuses. I hate favoritism when it comes to this shit. I'm also waiting on the Winterbrawl stock report but considering no one from the midwest made top 8 I guess we won't see one :DOGE
Oh my dayum

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
Yeah, I understand what he means -- but again, with regard to NEC (and TFC and SJ to a lesser extent) to an audience that isn't given any updates, all they see is that they showed up when the stream was promised and now they're waiting hours with no updates in the hopes that it will start soon.

Then they go look at the Anime stream and it's on 4g but it's crystal clear and starts a little before the pools actually start so that they can say hello and make sure everything is ok. Nobody gives anime anything, and they never have venue internet -- they just run their stream and it's fine.

Every time people have ever been waiting for info on Injustice pools stream start at EC tournaments, the Anime stream has always been online and functioning.

Obviously people are unhappy about SCR and blowing it up, but you also can't expect them to be happy about waiting in an information vacuum after scheduled stream start.

NoobHunter420

Scrub God Lord
With all the hype after kit wb etc.. it's pretty pathetic we still get the shaft when other popular games get full stream time, west coast killed more hype than pre patch superman, way to shit the bed valle
do you want them to shit on KI so that we get more stream time?
half of KI and half INJ pools seems fair to me.

Rathalos

Play Monster Hunter!
This was known for awhile, no need to really blow it up. They had it on there stream schedule KI first then Injustice.
KI is in a weird position where it's technically part of both the Capcom and NRS community, so the NRS community supports it even though not all of them play it. Maybe in the future it will branch off into it's own niche and get it's own community streamers.

Ya it kinda sucks, but it's not anyone actively trying to fuck the community over.

Relaxedstate

PTH|RM Relaxedstate
Chris G got DQ :( I guess he doesn't play anymore?

Edit: Also I think Khaotik Zombie a Cyborg/Flash player could still make it out!